Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Apparently concussing our players is a guilt free offence, Even more so if the hitter is of a so called disadvantaged background. Yaet Keane gets a week for a incident largely caused by Kunteddy. MRP has been a joke since Jason Cloke got fitted up. Get rid of it if it can not be impartial.

Nah it will never happen. The MRP being impartial when dealing with Collingwood is to expect the impossible. As you said we have been stitched up numerous times. To not acknowledge these is to live in constant denial which is something I don’t do. The worst was when Pebbles was suspended for the Grand Final for an extremely iffy supposed strike. Such blatant bullshit🤬 My years of experience don’t lie.

True comrade, and let us not forget that thug Barry Hall, KOd a Weagles player with a vicious round house right, and somehow, somehow, got off, on orders from the corrupt League, cos they wanted the Swannies to win the Premiership, so they quashed it. To this day, it was the most utterly corrupt decision of any League tribunal, KO a player, an u get off to be in a Premiership. ! Unreal. unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PNC, I think that you are a bit confused about different events.
Hall received a 7 week suspension in 2008 for belting Staker.
Sydney didn't play in the GF in that year.
You are thinking of 2005 when he punched Matt Maguire in the stomach and was offered a one week suspension but challenged it and won with a reprimand being given.

OH ok, i could have swore it was Staker in a Final, but i stand corrected. But, for punching McGuire in the stomach surely warrants a two week suspension, as a Magpie player would have got, back it in, so in that regard, it was a disgraceful decision to help the Swannettes snare a Premiership, of that i have no doubt. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 pm

^^^^

FWIW l am totally convinced that this was the case. Not a doubt in my mind.

KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Very interesting and comprehensive wiki sheet about Buddy Franklin.

He is 34 years old, mostly injured the last 2 years.
Very impressive stats, mostly when he was at Hawthorn (2 flags), not as much at Sydney as no flags.
Did kick plenty of goals consistently. How many games did he win off his own boot?

His 9-year contract worth $10 million started in 2013 so must run out end of next year. (Can he retire before then?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Franklin

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:07 pm

He's kicked about as many goals per game at Sydney (375 from 122 games) as he did at Hawthorn (580 from 182). He hasn't been available too often in the recent past (and didn't play at all in 2020) but if he plays, you should expect him to kick between 3 and 5 goals against us. He was goalless against Melbourne but did well against the 3 other lower-ranked sides he played against so far this year. Query whether he'll back up after that Melbourne game, though.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He's kicked about as many goals per game at Sydney (375 from 122 games) as he did at Hawthorn (580 from 182). He hasn't been available too often in the recent past (and didn't play at all in 2020) but if he plays, you should expect him to kick between 3 and 5 goals against us. He was goalless against Melbourne but did well against the 3 other lower-ranked sides he played against so far this year. Query whether he'll back up after that Melbourne game, though.

Buddy was paid a Kings ransom, ten million or so, over 9 yrs, to help deliver a Premiership, to the Swans, and that has not happened. So in that respect, aside from bums on seats, its been a failure to recruit him, plus hes been injury plagued too, missed far too many games. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:28 pm

Buddy's contract was heavily backended as well a Swans supporting mate tells me; he is getting 1.5 million this year and next guaranteed, regardless of if he plays a game

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Buddy was paid a Kings ransom, ten million or so, over 9 yrs, to help deliver a Premiership, to the Swans, and that has not happened. So in that respect, aside from bums on seats, its been a failure to recruit him, plus hes been injury plagued too, missed far too many games. Confused

I disagree. They made the grand final twice, he was their best player vs Hawthorn in the 2014 GF, Sydney would have also won 2016 GF if he didn’t injure his foot/leg in the first quarter (scored were tied with a few mins to go). They’re damn hard to make, let alone win.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:29 pm

It's OK, Raw Hammer - everyone knows that Collingwood has no use at all for a forward who can kick 3+ goals per game over the last 7 seasons of a 16-year career. We've got dozens of forwards who've had 88 Brownlow votes since the start of 2014, too.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:36 pm

Ins: Wilson.. Kelly.. Sier... Callum Brown

Outs: Roughead, Murphy, Mayne, Thomas

McRae will be injury sub.

Wilson to back pocket
Kelly to Centre half back
Quaynor to wing
Callum Brown roving

Sidey to the forward half- expect Grundy to start forward with Cameron as the number one ruck...

Pies by 17 points in a boilover

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Lazza wrote:
^^^^

FWIW l am totally convinced that this was the case. Not a doubt in my mind.

me too!

the AFL loves to involve itsself and get the results it wants - have a look at the dogs free kick count in 2016, and have a look who is on top of the free kick ladder when they are again up there!

hall never should have played, i mean compare it to Jason Clokes suspension, ridiculous

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 pm

ronrat wrote:
Apparently concussing our players is a guilt free offence, Even more so if the hitter is of a so called disadvantaged background. Yaet Keane gets a week for a incident largely caused by Kunteddy. MRP has been a joke since Jason Cloke got fitted up. Get rid of it if it can not be impartial.

hehe, i came back looking for this, and saw your jason cloke after i posted mine!!!

point is this, you are dead right, and come finals time it will get very interesting, i have no doubt at all that a player or a team will take advantage of the rule and its just plain wrong. last game of the year, and your playing the same team you will play next week in an elimination final, do you sacrifice a player to take out a big gun? yeah i can think of some teams/players that would

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:44 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Swans average over 90 points a game, so are not as defensive as they used to be. They have some excellent kids along with the return of Franklin and Rampe, although Heeney and Reid likely to miss. They are well coached and on the right track. It’s a game we would have pencilled in before round 1, but how things have changed.

The average 'points for' statistic for Sydney is a little misleading once you split it in half.

Round 1 = 125
Round 2 = 121
Round 3 = 117
Round 4 = 83

Average = 111.5

Round 5 = 69
Round 6 = 60
Round 7 = 90
Round 8 = 58

Average = 69.25

Since round 4, the Swans scoring has dried up with them only scoring 90+ once in that period, which was a 2-point win over Geelong in the dying seconds.

Keep them to under 70 or 80 points, and we're a chance of winning. They've won all their games when they've scored 83+ points.

I do agree they structure up well though and keep things tight as the Melbourne game last week demonstrated. Two of their three losses have been under 10 points with a bad defeat (40 points) to the Suns being the exception.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue May 11, 2021 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
We didn't play at the SCG between 2000 and 2015. We've played 5 games against Sydney there, since (1 each year). The results were 2 wins and 3 losses - and we've won 2 of the last 3 there (and 3 of the last 4 against the Swans - we beat them by 9 points in 2020 at the Gabba):

- 2019 (won by 7 points)
- 2018 (lost by 2 points)
- 2017 (won by 1 point)
- 2016 (lost by 80 points)
- 2015 (lost by 11 points).

Guess which year I decided to travel up to Sydney and attend the game? Sad

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 pm

Jezza wrote:

The average 'points for' statistic for Sydney is a little misleading once you split it in half.

Makes more sense to me to split it like this:

Round 1 = 125
Round 2 = 121
Round 3 = 117

Average = 121

Round 4 = 83
Round 5 = 69
Round 6 = 60
Round 7 = 90
Round 8 = 58

Average = 72

Jezza wrote:
Keep them to under 70 or 80 points, and we're chance of winning

Our average PF is 75... but if you do the same split as I did with the Swans above (over/under 100), it's 70. Meanwhile our average PA is 85

Also, Swans kicking 90 against Cats is no mean feat... not sure about this year but I rate them the best defense of previous seasons

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Wed May 12, 2021 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 am

warburton lad wrote:
Ins: Wilson.. Kelly.. Sier... Callum Brown

Outs: Roughead, Murphy, Mayne, Thomas

McRae will be injury sub.

Wilson to back pocket
Kelly to Centre half back
Quaynor to wing
Callum Brown roving

Sidey to the forward half- expect Grundy to start forward with Cameron as the number one ruck...

Pies by 17 points in a boilover

I like this WL. With Sidey I'd have him as a high half forward making runs towards goals, not in a traditional lead-out role.
I think you are right on C Brown, he's not an outside player and the only way he can have a chance to make it is as an inside mid.....maybe.
I can't believe people are calling for Madgen to come back in. He was awful even in the VFL last week.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: