Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne Carey said on Saturday that Darcy, at nearly every level he’s played, has hardly ever racked up more than 15 possessions in a game, and he felt that this was a big question mark over him. It was an interest8ng comment. I could live without him, for the right price.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Tell ya what...if he wants to go and we get at least 2 x first round picks for him I would carry his bags to Sydney for him.

With Cloke, as I have said before, I would have traded him when he was making all that disturbance at the club with his Dad about contracts. Would have got 2 x first rounders for him at the stage and we would now have been in a very very good position. He f$%#ked up our season bc media had an absolute field day (field year) and brought on the pressure....friggin trainwreck he ended up being.....THANX DAD!!!!! moron

Settle.

From what I've read, Darcy isn't making any disturbance, the media picked up his management was being made other offers and he's out of contract and a collingwood player so it's great click bait.

He apparently wanted to string some good games together before negotiating, the latest injury han't helped that. So expect this to go late into the season.

Exactly, why wouldn't the guy want to be playing regular football before opening contract discussions? media driven hype that unfortunately a lot of people get sucked into.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm

If we lose Darcy it would be a massive loss. He is going to be an absolute match winner and close to our most valuable player. He hasn't had any continuity yet with at least 3 or 4 hamstring injuries scattered throughout hsi 3 or 4 years. Everyone at the Club has the right footy IQ to know that Moore, Stephenson, Scharenberg and DeGoey are massive talents and we will fight tooth and nail to keep them all.
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:05 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-looking-at-two-moore-years-20180517-p4zfzv.html

J. Niall: "Collingwood is understood to be the only club to have made Moore a formal offer. The two-year offer is viewed as not disrespectful, even though Moore has not opted to sign yet. The short-term offer arguably reflects the reality that while Moore has not played much lately, his potential upside is enormous and a longer-term might not benefit him if he develops as the club hopes."
jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Wayne Carey said on Saturday that Darcy, at nearly every level he’s played, has hardly ever racked up more than 15 possessions in a game, and he felt that this was a big question mark over him. It was an interest8ng comment. I could live without him, for the right price.

Who seriously listens to Carey, the flog. 2 years ago, he annointed Moore as being the best of the young crop of forwards, including Daniher and Brown. Now he's having a go at him.

If he ever gets his body right, look out.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:37 pm

jatsad wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Who seriously listens to Carey, the flog. 2 years ago, he annointed Moore as being the best of the young crop of forwards, including Daniher and Brown. Now he's having a go at him.

Would not listen to him anyway.

With his Poor Off-Field Behavior I am Surprised he is even in TV as a Role Model let alone a Suppose Expert

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Moore has so much potential, but he has yet to realise it. Shown only glimpses so if someone wants to overpay for him, we'd be nuts not to consider the offer.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Moore has so much potential, but he has yet to realise it. Shown only glimpses so if someone wants to overpay for him, we'd be nuts not to consider the offer.

Doubt any Offers Come as no one Expects him to leave us

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

With his Poor Off-Field Behavior I am Surprised he is even in TV as a Role Model let alone a Suppose Expert

True Dave
But how many times did the flog win the game against us single handed.
Him and Ablett were the two players I always feared the most.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

masoncox wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

True Dave
But how many times did the flog win the game against us single handed.
Him and Ablett were the two players I always feared the most.

Did not really watch Footy in the 90's so I don't Really Know

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 pm

^^^^^
Dave.
Occassionally Dave a footballer comes along who can consistently turn a game.
Rene Kink could turn a game when he was switched on ...which wasn't that often. There is only a handful of players in any era who can turn a game and they are just amazing players to watch.
Of the players who could Ablett and Carey stood out but there were players like Malcolm Blight and a few others. Go back and watch the 1990 GF .....Collingwood were struggling in the first quarter and who popped up and goaled...none other than Peter Daicos...that goal changed that game ... there are great players like Buckley but I can never remember him changing the course of many games.
Today I would say Dangerfield and Martin are 2 players who can really step up and change a game when it is required.
Look at Dangerfield when he played us last year.
E 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

If you actually listened to him, you would realize he was being honest in his assessment and identifying the one knock on a serious talent.

without any question whatsoever in my mind, Wayne Carey is the best commentator we have in the game today and he is one of VERY few people in the media who offer up their thoughts in a 100% unbiased way. He calls it exactly as he sees it.

sometimes he praises Collingwood in a way which goes way beyond consensus (for example he has been banging on for years about how ELITE Sidebottom is - even when you guys were shitting on him for his dinky passes). Now everyone finally agrees with Wayne on this point.

I would bet a lot of money that if Wayne observed that the comment made about Darcy throughout his career is that he rarely gets more than 15 touches at every level, then its likely true. By the way, Eddie Betts won the game off his own boot tonight and check out how many touches he got (and wayne acknowledged that Betts doesnt need many touches to influence the outcome of games) ...... is he not to be listened to by Adelaide supporters because he observed how few touches he got? Only if you are an idiot.....

PS: Wayne is one of my least favorite people on the planet.

E 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm

masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.
Occassionally Dave a footballer comes along who can consistently turn a game.
Rene Kink could turn a game when he was switched on ...which wasn't that often. There is only a handful of players in any era who can turn a game and they are just amazing players to watch.
Of the players who could Ablett and Carey stood out but there were players like Malcolm Blight and a few others. Go back and watch the 1990 GF .....Collingwood were struggling in the first quarter and who popped up and goaled...none other than Peter Daicos...that goal changed that game ... there are great players like Buckley but I can never remember him changing the course of many games.
Today I would say Dangerfield and Martin are 2 players who can really step up and change a game when it is required.
Look at Dangerfield when he played us last year.

Eddie Betts! Lance Franklin. Jordan De Goey! Jayden Stephenson! .....

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:22 pm

^^ E, that’s a very good summary of Carey. He’s a very good commentator. Irish there were more like him. Wasn’t he named, also, the greatest player of the modern era ?
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 pm

^ By whom?? Leigh will be most displeased.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: