Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no stats to back this up, just a general feeling. But, I reckon a top side that regularly kicks 15+ goals a week would get 5 from grunt and 10 from class acts. We kick about 11 I'd say and probably all are grunt and this is very taxing on the mind and body. We need more CLASS or a hell of a lot more ASS. It would take off so much pressure. What has happened over the last 7 years, all our class has left the school building replaced by janitors.

MONCO: Your life.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 pm

mudlark wrote:
So WHEN does NOT winning become an issue?? 0 & 2 is death by history. Only Sydney has made the finals in the last 10 years I think.Whatever it is, it puts us behind the 8 ball with a snooker ahead.Yes,bad luck about Broomy,YES bad luck about Moore,but WTF would you replace REID with Broomhead when you have McLarty??? I'm flabbergasted!!!The Giants backline is HUGE.We played accordingly and bombed it to their strength in high marking which plays to our deplorable weakness of teams kicking goals at will out of our forward line. You may dis agree all you want.Nothing honourable about being a couple of goals up half way through the last qtr and losing by 3 goals. Conced 4 goals in 7 mins.most of them through efforts you would care to not talk about, the most notable was late in the last when 2 of our players didn't put the ball out on the members wing,Giants got the ball,Howe failed to spoil the easiest of marks,Langdon missed an easy gather and then fell over and they kicked sitter.nothing 'Honourable' in that friggin' shamozzle matey!!!

I personally don't care. It was the first time in eons that I was proud of our boys and to be a Collingwood supporter. What individual players did "wrong" doesn't concern me. They played their their hearts out and did their absolute best. That's all I ever ask of them, because personally, that's all that matters to me.
Recruiting, coaching, team selection, injuries, skills etc are all out of my control, but when we give 100 per cent effort, I can't be anything but proud.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:14 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I hate the term honourable loss
You either win or lose
No one can fault the effort today. The players showed great endeavour all day we just run out of legs and talls.
We lost the game for 6 simple reason

1. Our general field disposal is to poor to often
2. Our kicking in front of goal is often to unreliable
3. We didn't have enough talls to test there defence long enough
4. We are carried a couple players during the game who were obviously struggling with injuries (Trelaor groin Adams ribs Dunn calf) all looked hampered especially Trelaor who tried often to run off his man but just couldn't muster anything looking close to his natural speed
5. We lack calmness under pressure around the contest to often
6. Our defence was under sized especially having to move Moore when Reid pulled out

I'm proud of the players effort I really am but we can't just say well we tried hard and had a crack. We need points on the board not languishing near or at the bottom of the table

Positives for me

Grundy. He's just awesome seriously the best big man in the game IMO
Aish. Showed several times today he's got tonnes of courage and skill
Phillips. His best game for the club loved his running today
Sidey. Has gone to another sphere in these first 2 games. Is really showing his class more often
Pendles. Looked back heading towards his best today. Showed some of the old trademark dummies and dodging in and out of traffic with ease
Scharenberg. Showed today why the club rated and rates hi so highly. Tackled spoiled intercepted read the gsme very well. Played on the gorillas a bit due to having no one else who could. Was used as a set up kick which he did very well (think he went at around 85% eff)

Poor Broomy just can't get a run at it. Seriously if he gets back from this th should be given a medal
Hope Moore isn't to bad
Just a heard Kirby stretchered off in the VFL
Will we have 22 to pick next week ?

Yep, Smith and Blair are ready to go.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:16 pm

mudlark wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Reality check: we had almost no chance of winning this game before it started as we completely lacked forwards. We proceeded to lose Reid before the game and then Moore.

The restructured forward line mostly did its job. The restructured defence was brilliant, with Howe playing an amazing game on Cameron. To me, the decision to not bring in a tall who would almost certainly have struggled as first gamers was clearly vindicated.

In the end we did need a target because we ran out of legs and started bombing the ball more. We'd have been ok there if we at least had Moore. The rookies would almost certainly have hurt us more than helped over the day.
???? Yeah??? Right. A tall wouldn't have helped in the end??? OK???

It may have right at the end. A rookie though would almost certainly have cost us more goals throughout the game. Poor performing talls will kill you every time. The reason we were in the game was our run and pressure, playing a rookie tall would have reduced that. Certainly, neither of the rookies would have done as well as Howe did on Cameron.

Had Moore not been injured we'd still have had a tall target late. You can't always plan for misfortune. We outplayed them most of the game and tired late with one less rotation, selection and coaching were spot on.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:19 pm

mudlark wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Honourable loss.

Can't fault the effort.

5th year of'HONOURABLE losses. Crocker need s to learn to kick a drop punt.. certainly hasn't got what to takes to kick"Around the corner". Adams is out so is Varcoe. can't continue to say we need spuds because they have name.Sorry for Broomhead but surely Mclarty should have been the call up for Reid??? being a BIG GUY??? So what do we do?/ we bomb it to a midget forward line defended by GIANT giants!!!We should have won by 4 goals but don't kid yourself about Honourable losses.

Honourable losses are fine by my book. G and D is all I ask of my team and we gave it in spades today.

Enjoy our 3rd wooden spoon then.

Want a bet ?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Woods wrote:
Exactly

So WHEN does NOT winning become an issue?? 0 & 2 is death by history. Only Sydney has made the finals in the last 10 years I think.Whatever it is, it puts us behind the 8 ball with a snooker ahead.Yes,bad luck about Broomy,YES bad luck about Moore,but WTF would you replace REID with Broomhead when you have McLarty??? I'm flabbergasted!!!The Giants backline is HUGE.We played accordingly and bombed it to their strength in high marking which plays to our deplorable weakness of teams kicking goals at will out of our forward line. You may dis agree all you want.Nothing honourable about being a couple of goals up half way through the last qtr and losing by 3 goals. Conced 4 goals in 7 mins.most of them through efforts you would care to not talk about, the most notable was late in the last when 2 of our players didn't put the ball out on the members wing,Giants got the ball,Howe failed to spoil the easiest of marks,Langdon missed an easy gather and then fell over and they kicked sitter.nothing 'Honourable' in that friggin' shamozzle matey!!!

I personally don't care. It was the first time in eons that I was proud of our boys and to be a Collingwood supporter. What individual players did "wrong" doesn't concern me. They played their their hearts out and did their absolute best. That's all I ever ask of them, because personally, that's all that matters to me.
Recruiting, coaching, team selection, injuries, skills etc are all out of my control, but when we give 100 per cent effort, I can't be anything but proud.

Great post, me too. If you give 110% in life you will win much more often than not. We are growing, you can see it. Today Goliath just got home against David with his arm in the sling. Proud of them all.

mudlark 

AN_Inkling wrote:
mudlark wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Reality check: we had almost no chance of winning this game before it started as we completely lacked forwards. We proceeded to lose Reid before the game and then Moore.

The restructured forward line mostly did its job. The restructured defence was brilliant, with Howe playing an amazing game on Cameron. To me, the decision to not bring in a tall who would almost certainly have struggled as first gamers was clearly vindicated.

In the end we did need a target because we ran out of legs and started bombing the ball more. We'd have been ok there if we at least had Moore. The rookies would almost certainly have hurt us more than helped over the day.
???? Yeah??? Right. A tall wouldn't have helped in the end??? OK???

It may have right at the end. A rookie though would almost certainly have cost us more goals throughout the game. Poor performing talls will kill you every time. The reason we were in the game was our run and pressure, playing a rookie tall would have reduced that. Certainly, neither of the rookies would have done as well as Howe did on Cameron.

Had Moore not been injured we'd still have had a tall target late. You can't always plan for misfortune. We outplayed them most of the game and tired late with one less rotation, selection and coaching were spot on.

Yeah!! OK?? IF the queen had balls she's be king.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

dalyc wrote:
[quote="mudlark"][quote="PyreneesPie"][quote="mudlark"][quote="Jezza"]Honourable loss.

Can't fault the effort.[/quote]
5th year of'HONOURABLE losses. Crocker need s to learn to kick a drop punt.. certainly hasn't got what to takes to kick"Around the corner". Adams is out so is Varcoe. can't continue to say we need spuds because they have name.Sorry for Broomhead but surely Mclarty should have been the call up for Reid??? being a BIG GUY??? So what do we do?/ we bomb it to a midget forward line defended by GIANT giants!!!We should have won by 4 goals but don't kid yourself about Honourable losses.[/quote]

Honourable losses are fine by my book. G and D is all I ask of my team and we gave it in spades today.[/quote]
Enjoy our 3rd wooden spoon then.[/quote]

Want a bet ?
Most of my clients are men. So is my .
RudeBoy 

I’ve never been so proud of our team after a loss as I am tonight. On paper we should have been smashed by 15 goals. To lose Reid before the game, Broomhead in an horrific injury, then Moore in the 2 nd half , we should have copped an absolute shellacking. Well done to Bucks for making us so competitive. Put simply, we are missing a touch of class, and I reckon we’ll be even shorter next week as Treloar was hampered by his dodgy groin all game. Ffs, with De Goey, Elliott and Wells, we’d be 2 zip and in the top 4 now.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:23 pm

dalyc wrote:
mudlark wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Honourable loss.

Can't fault the effort.

5th year of'HONOURABLE losses. Crocker need s to learn to kick a drop punt.. certainly hasn't got what to takes to kick"Around the corner". Adams is out so is Varcoe. can't continue to say we need spuds because they have name.Sorry for Broomhead but surely Mclarty should have been the call up for Reid??? being a BIG GUY??? So what do we do?/ we bomb it to a midget forward line defended by GIANT giants!!!We should have won by 4 goals but don't kid yourself about Honourable losses.

Honourable losses are fine by my book. G and D is all I ask of my team and we gave it in spades today.

Enjoy our 3rd wooden spoon then.

Want a bet ?

YES!!!PM the amount.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

I’ve never been so proud of our team after a loss as I am tonight. On paper we should have been smashed by 15 goals. To lose Reid before the game, Broomhead in an horrific injury, then Moore in the 2 nd half , we should have copped an absolute shellacking. Well done to Bucks for making us so competitive. Put simply, we are missing a touch of class, and I reckon we’ll be even shorter next week as Treloar was hampered by his dodgy groin all game. Ffs, with De Goey, Elliott and Wells, we’d be 2 zip and in the top 4 now.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:25 pm

Next week I think we need to look at a couple of players in particular and what we do with them going forward. These players are crucial....Langdon & Thomas. In my opinion these two guys cost us 5 goals every week.

Langdon about 3 goals from poor one on one man coverage basically, he is just weak in this situation and for a defender this is unacceptable. What would he be like up forward? He can take a mark, let's try him out down there, can't hurt.

Thomas is a problem. He is a prime ball winning midfielder who fights like a bull and is good for a goal but just kills us so much with his turnovers probably costing a few goals if a cleaner mid was using it. I just think we would be better off without him in the side, period. We have enough grunt, do we need him really? When DeGoey eventually comes back we just have to move past this bloke. I love his tenacity but his downside is just too much. Who to replace him next week? Well, maybe the young Daicos fella may want a shot at the old enemy?

MONCO: Your life.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

^ no need for PM. Put it up here. Some others might want to get on as well.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm

I know people are sick of honourable losses and think all of our players are rubbish and all of that.But honestly,we literally had no forward line in that game.Just about everyone who played in that forward line was a second or third choice.It's hard to win games without a forward line,even the best of teams would struggle with the forward line we had out there today.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:28 pm

The coaching today, and the selection, was nothing short of briliant. Selecting McLarty for Reid was the obvious choice, but I think it was not the right one. I think we made the right one today. Our plan today was to smother the Giants with team pressure, and we almost succeeded. McLarty, a tall first gamer, would have not been able to contribute to that plan whatsoever. After Moore went off, we would have effectively been 2 men down, given our overall strategy of pace and ferocity at ground level on the contested ball.
Unlike last week, when the ball hit the deck, we were always there to fight for it. Our tackling pressure was awesome. No more tackles being brushed off like last week. McLarty's totally unproven marking capacity at AFL level would not have compensated for having one less runner to keep applying the heat to the Giants. I am not a supporter of Buckley, but today was the best ever performance I have seen from the current coaching and selection regime...even though we lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17   

Jump to: