Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'm back!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't edit above post to add this..

When I was speaking to the nurse about the process of moving she touched on periods during covid when surgeries were shut down and this whole ward would only have 6 patients.
How people were terrified to even enter a hospital due to the hysteria the media had caused. People actually thought if they simply entered a hospital, they would catch covid and die.. this was the world our frenzied media had created.
So for over 2 years, 10's of thousands of life saving procedures were effectively banned by our government. I wouldn't have been blessed to get my lump removed, it had (wrongly) been diagnosed as benign and fallen into the 'elective surgery' category. Lucky it wasn't an aggressive type of cancer or I would be long gone.

The people taking CPR swabs at covid centres were paid $75/hr, double the rate our nurses are paid and us taxpayers forked out for over half a million of those (pcr tests)in WA alone.

The huge numbers of surgeries now going through our health system is 2 years of backlog on top of the current demand....
.and we have people calling for immigration and refugee numbers to be increased?

I must be missing something?.Have these people visited our hospital.wards, have they walked the cold, wet, June streets of our city at night, do they not see the people begging for change from.punters stopped at multiple intersections around our cities?

Gina & Twiggy have enough money between them.to build 30 fully equipped hospitals.... and still remain multi billionaires.
That money of theirs, comes from digging up and selling 'our' dirt.

What sort of people sit back and watch what's unfolding yet preach about looking after their people? What has humanity become. Whatever it is, I'm staring to dislike it more and more.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:16 am

2.55 am.
I've just got back into bed after making myself a cup of extra strength Proper Strong with a squirt of honey. Couple of things Kel bought in for me.
Had a good 90 minutes sleep and feel a little more refreshed and calmer. I'll probably go get some towels and have a shower after my cuppa.

Guy 20, the stroke guy, is gone. Sarah (my favourite) nurse told me he's Ben moved to another ward as this ward is taking a 'bleeder' soon. But they're not coming into this room.

Sarah is my favourite for a few reasons, the main one being her willingness to explain things to me in more depth when I have a query. For example, I have had, what I thought, a strange limit put on my Lorazepam. You know, I've read all about it on google and am an expert on what dosage I can take
Rolling Eyes

She explained it's to do with my respiration rate. Any more than what I'm on has the potential to lower this rate, which is dangerous for a person whose had my procedure. I just found it crazy that I am permitted to have such large quantities of oxy and or Tramadol, drugs which the expert here, assumed were more 'damaging'.

I'm not going to bag any of the nurse's, I think they do an amazing job, some are better than others, just like every trade and there's a few who probably should find a more suitable vocation.

Mal and Cedric are sound asleep.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:33 am

I'm going to stop posting on here for a while.
I feel I need some mental health assistance, there's just too much going on in my head at the minute.
I just got off the phone with a mental health nurse whose contact number was provided to me before admission, she advised a face to face with a psychologist.

I will be back. Stay safe and be nice to each other.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:48 am

Take care mate, and be nice to yourself.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:00 am

Hugs mate,keep talking on our messenger though, xxx
You’ve been amazing, this is the hard things xx

-if you want I can post a couple of pics for you or maybe a link would be better xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:39 am

Quick update on behalf of Skids.

He's still in hospital with a revolving door of roommates and a constant steam of activity that should be set to Benny Hill music.

The good news is the Surgeon has advised they got all the cancer. Margins were close around the vocal chords, 0.1mm and 0.7mm in 2 places but most were 3+mm.

The pus around the wound is gradually reducing, still needs pain meds but is allowed to walk around and evern go outside between meds to get some fresh air provided he has his phone with him. Sleeping badly, only couple of hours at a time but in pretty good spirits and looking forward to being able to get home. He's not the biggest advocate for the state of the WA Public Health system.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:47 pm

hehe!! thats an understatement!!

he has messaged again, hes home on the couch for day release, not sure if he has to wear a beeper anklet!!!!!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:47 pm

Well done Skids. We’ll have you in the pies first 18 in no time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:58 pm

Just in case anyone thinks that Skids is critical of the Nursing staff, the reverse is true. He's full of praise for them, commented that the cleaners on the mining sites where he works get paid more than the nurses in the public hospital where he is now.

Considering the WA Government is rolling in money, It's an Indictment on McGowan's time in office that so much shit is so bad over there. (those are my comments, not his)

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The good news is the Surgeon has advised they got all the cancer. Margins were close around the vocal chords, 0.1mm and 0.7mm in 2 places but most were 3+mm.

Great news – that's a huge relief. Hope he gets out ASAP and is back on here to cross swords with us again soon. Smile

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:36 am

stui magpie wrote:
Just in case anyone thinks that Skids is critical of the Nursing staff, the reverse is true. He's full of praise for them, commented that the cleaners on the mining sites where he works get paid more than the nurses in the public hospital where he is now.

Considering the WA Government is rolling in money, It's an Indictment on McGowan's time in office that so much shit is so bad over there. (those are my comments, not his)

Thanks Stui. And I agree whole heartedly with your comment regarding the Governments handling of the health sector. If it wasn't for the dedication of these amazing humans... God help us.

Been a real roller coaster ride in here. I've witnessed a couple of traumatic events in this room the past few days....I'll elaborate later, maybe I won't. I just know seeking out mental.health support is crucial if and when you need it.
I struggled to find some at a critical moment, was advised the hospital mental health person would see me a few days ago, still haven't heard from.them. Luckily I recalled the hospital admission support package email medibank private had sent me. Part of the contents was access to a 24/7 mental.health support nurse via a 1300 number. That was enough to get me through the night, then getting the 'we got it all' communication from the surgeon on his daily visit sent the roller coaster soaring!

Anyway today is going to be awesome. I slept a solid 5-6hrs last night, the best sleep.ive had since being here. I've been for 2 walks outside and gave been listening to tunes, Web surfing, mainly watching videos on the thread LH started about 'the bounce' in GD.... what a great thread it is and I'm sure there'll be more great video links posted in that one.

The best bit..... I'm home for Hayes 5th birthday at our place in around 8 hours now. He's guna get a surprise when they arrive and Grandad is home.
I can only be away for 4, 5 hours at the Max, mainly because I'm still getting some freaky pain feelings and I need the medication.
8hrly anti biotics through my cannula are also critical in knocking the Staphylococcus aureus infection on the head.... %$^$%^&%%, that was nahsty.

Explains the crazy pain and my outburst at staff... that was tge onset of tge infection. I've experienced pain at a new level these last 2 weeks, I feel so strong now, but still not looking forward to my daily 'big squeeze that is coming anytime between now (5.30am) and 8am. Focusing on seeing everyone at my place this arvo will.help me through.

Day 13 in here and patient 24 has just entered room 18. His name is Paul, so he's already got off on the right foot as far as I'm concerned.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:58 pm

Day 14 - Surgeons came in and did the big squeeze on my neck and expelled the build up of some serous fluid that is collecting in the cavity that now exists where my lump was. A very painful exercise that culminates with a small piece of rubber glove being forced into the flesh with forceps to act as a drain point.

One of the other lovely surgeons, Pulvi, then came around and advised that there was no need for any further treatment. There will be regular screening from here to make sure there is no reoccurring.

Just waiting for my blood CRP marker to come down, after peaking at 247 on Monday last week, it's down this morning to 21.... you want that to be zero.

A CRP test result of more than 50 mg/dL is generally considered severe elevation. Results over 50 mg/L are associated with acute bacterial infections about 90% of the time.

Then I can go home.
I'm on top.of the world, absolutely ecstatic.
Kick cancer in the guts.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:26 pm

Great stuff mate, is that likely the last of the big squeezes?

You don't need Chemo or radiation treatment which is great. How long will you be at home before you have to go back to work?

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:08 pm

I reckon there might be one more, it hasn't drained much or swollen since this morning. Fingers crossed.
Tentative date for return to work is 26th July. That's 7 weeks after the operation, inclusive of the nasty bout of Staph.

Room has settled right down. The 2 blokes across from me have both been here 3 days and I have an empty next to me. That could change though, there were dozens of people at Emergency when I walked Kel to the car.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:15 am

Skids wrote:
I reckon there might be one more, it hasn't drained much or swollen since this morning. Fingers crossed.
Tentative date for return to work is 26th July. That's 7 weeks after the operation, inclusive of the nasty bout of Staph.

Room has settled right down. The 2 blokes across from me have both been here 3 days and I have an empty next to me. That could change though, there were dozens of people at Emergency when I walked Kel to the car.

Sure did! Bloke came in around 10pm, of course he has the machine that goes BING doesn't he.... I got 2hrs sleep then the binging woke me, I watched a bit of TV then slept again for an hour or so 3 - 4.

Wide awake now, having a coffee as there's no way I'll sleep with the big squeeze coming in a few hours on my mind.

Tix is picking me up after my 12.30pm Anti-biotic through the canuala and taking me home for a while.... I don't have to be back until next anti biotic dose 8 hrs later but pain will start around 5pm and I'll need to be back for pain killers before then.... if meds delayed too long and pain gets a hold it takes ages for oxy or Tramadol to bring it back down. Why they won't just Gove me one oxy to take at home is bizarre.... I'd actually get some decent sleep cuddling Pen on the couch this arvo. I have asked and will push it when day staff come in. I said I'll video myself taking the damn thing if that's what the concern is.

Crazy thing is, I'll be discharged with weeks and weeks worth of the meds in the next day or two..... I don't get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: