Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Always wonder what would have happened if Eddie let Bucks go to North in 2009. Don't think Mick would still be with us but I would wonder whether we should have let Bucks ply his trade at North first then poached him if he showed the goods.

Hasn't Bucks already dismissed the media speculation he was going to North and stated that he wasn't interested in their offer.

Yes but after the fact though,I am thinking if Eddie didn't give him the Collingwood job that he may have well taken a position at another club if not North. For memory Eddie jumped at the rumours. Was only wondering what would have been today if we let him ply his trade somewhere else first .

forever the great unknown.

To cut Bucks some slack: not much you can do about losing four very important players in effectively one quarter of football. The same thing happened last year to GWS against us, and look how their season ended. And that is of course leaving aside long term injuries we already had.

The problem for Bucks and the club (and the board have to wear the criticism on this) they built up the supporters to expect finals. No one from Pert, Eddie or down at any stage attempted to temper the expectations on the year. All the wanted was to sell memberships rather then an honest message on slow building success.

What Bucks can control is "who" gets a game. The reality is we have a fair few "serviceable" footballers. Play well in big wins, go missing otherwise.

It is the mid-tier players that are failing. Lets review the "experienced" players:

Blair - been around for 133 games got 21 disposals on the weekend, not the worst ...but he is a small forward his job is kicking goals in the absences of Elliott. He should be bobbing up for at least 1 or 2 a game. He has kicked the grand total of 7 for the year.

Brent Macaffer - Fairly sure i am not the only one who raised his eyebrows when he was named in the leadership group. Coming back off a series of knee injuries so you can cut the guy some slack. But it feels like he has lost pace...or the style of football has passed him by. With so many injuries he should be banging the door down for a recall....but no.

Alan Toovey - Need to be leading the back line in the absence of others. Again can cut him some slack other medical concerns from last week..but overall not striking me as a player that can push us forward.

Tyson Goldsack - Again cut him some slack given injuries, but otherwise has been in the VFL and has managed only 1 senior game this year.

Travis Cloke - It has been done to death and i don't think we need to go over this. But underwhelming would be the term.

Alex Fasolo - has been good, injuries have robbed him again.

Scott Pendlebury - Brilliant as always.

Jesse White - Has been solid for a few weeks. But has spent a lot of time outside of the seniors and for a player of over 100 games experience is not acceptable. Needs to keep playing well to justify a place next year. give him a pass mark.

Steele Sidebottom - Solid without being brilliant. looks at his stats and you see that if he gets over 30 possessions we win, more times then not. The big knock on him this year would be that he needs to be hitting the scoreboard more then he has. Only 8 goals for the years hurts.

Nathan Brown - Had injuries, but has not done enough in games. has struggled when the team has been under pressure.

Ben Reid - starting to find form again, and touch wood is over the worst of his injuries. Has been very good. But i am staggered that he has not been at least tried in matches as a forward option.

By my thinking only four out of ten get a pass mark. mitigating circumstances for some. But more then a few are just simply not good enough.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:00 pm

This is general advise so hopefully everyone joins in and participates;

Now go find a mirror some where in your house, car, or wherever you happen to be - now stare into it deeply and repeat after me -

"The handover plan is an unmitigated disaster, our club is a laughing stock and we are no where near our next premiership in any foreseeable future"

Now repeat it again, and again and until you realise something needs to seriously change at our club.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:07 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Now go find a mirror some where in your house, car, or wherever you happen to be - now stare into it deeply and repeat after me -

"The handover plan is an unmitigated disaster, our club is a laughing stock and we are no where near our next premiership in any foreseeable future"

Now repeat it again, and again and until you realise something needs to seriously change at our club.

I tried it, but all I got was someone in the mirror saying "why does the wolf poster keep writing the same one-track, obsessive, dull, tedious boring monomaniacal message over and over again .....I wonder if he is capable of a new or interesting thought...".

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Mugwump wrote:

I tried it, but all I got was someone in the mirror saying "why does the wolf poster keep writing the same one-track, obsessive, dull, tedious boring monomaniacal message over and over again .....I wonder if he is capable of a new or interesting thought...".

You obviously didn't say "The handover plan is an unmitigated disaster, our club is a laughing stock and we are no where near our next premiership in any foreseeable future" loud enough, or enough times... so I advise that you go back to the mirror, rinse and repeat every half hour because there is little point of doing or saying anything else while we have Buckley's chance of winning a flag in any foreseeable future - this is the whole point most of you are missing. Now surely you can find a mirror big enough...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Like a broken record on a turntable, stuck in a groove, just goes round and round, and round, and round, endlessly. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Like a broken record on a turntable, stuck in a groove, just goes round and round, and round, and round, endlessly. Razz

Unlike some who keep supporting a coach dragging a great group of players into the depths of their limited careers.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Bravo the ignore button, one does not have to read the crap mind numbing endless negativity posts,from the same old stagers, the glass half empty brigade, whod whinge if they lost five dollars and found fifty. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Bravo the ignore button, one does not have to read the crap mind numbing endless negativity posts,from the same old stagers, the glass half empty brigade, whod whinge if they lost five dollars and found fifty. !

Couldn't agree more.
courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:05 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Unlike some who keep supporting a coach dragging a great group of players into the depths of their limited careers.

So on the weekend that was a great group of players who's careers Buckley is ruining. Blair, Toovey, Frost, White and the newbies Goodyear, Cox, Maynard, Crocker, Smith, DeGoey.

Thats half a team of, going of what I've read on these forums, crabs and not sure if gonna make it players. Thats the best we can field at the moment due to certain restrictions eg. injuries

Apart from Heater our list would be no better with the guys we've lost that have gone to distinguished careers at other clubs.

Having Jolly, Didak, Johnson, Maxwell, Leon, Leroy, Ball, Presti, Lockyer back would be handy but bloody Bucks forced them all to retire.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:09 pm

What is the sound of one hand clapping?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 pm

courtza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

So on the weekend that was a great group of players who's careers Buckley is ruining. Blair, Toovey, Frost, White and the newbies Goodyear, Cox, Maynard, Crocker, Smith, DeGoey.

Thats half a team of, going of what I've read on these forums, crabs and not sure if gonna make it players. Thats the best we can field at the moment due to certain restrictions eg. injuries

Apart from Heater our list would be no better with the guys we've lost that have gone to distinguished careers at other clubs.

Having Jolly, Didak, Johnson, Maxwell, Leon, Leroy, Ball, Presti, Lockyer back would be handy but bloody Bucks forced them all to retire.

You forgot one, Buckley forced Buckley to retire as well!

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:37 am
Post subject: Sack Buckley (thread 2)Reply with quote

For some reason a thread that went for almost a year (sack buckley) has been put out to pasture.

Let us use this new thread to cut to the quick and discuss all things new coach related.

Hafey had 4 GFs and wasn't good enough. Lethal won us the greatest gift in 32 years and 5 years later shown the door (coached brisbane to 4 GFs in a row). Shaw had a sh!t list and massive injuries and Eddie had no probs moving on a premiship captain for Malthouse. And Malthouse, well he polished a turd for pretty much his whole time at the club (except for 2010 and 11 when recruiting, talent and stealing stk game plan worked wonders (thx luke ball!!)).

Max Berry of the squiggle fame says we're looking at an 8-14 season. Pert said in 2014 - finals and flags for the next 3 years. It aint gonna happen unless we f@=€ off our coaches and recruit a few leaders (geez heath shaw looks good now doean't he).

I'm a broken record, my opinions are annoying and I'm far to negative some will say. But seriously, can anyone mention Buckley's name in the same sentence as Matthews, Matlhouse, Haffey, Rose or McHale when it comes to coaching? Can you seriously say their arent better coaches out their?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:41 am

just wow

i spent an hour plus on that revolution thread, looking at the possible outcomes, taking the piss out of the whole argument, making it relevant and actually making it disguised but containing truths and its gone. much worse has been said and i flick with a feather and am panned

it had been some years since a chronicle and i think you've just lost me forever

absolutely shattered

congratulations, you've finally broken me. hope you are happy.

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:46 am

I think we will go 6 wins, 16 losses.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:12 am

Cam wrote:
just wow

i spent an hour plus on that revolution thread, looking at the possible outcomes, taking the piss out of the whole argument, making it relevant and actually making it disguised but containing truths and its gone. much worse has been said and i flick with a feather and am panned

it had been some years since a chronicle and i think you've just lost me forever

absolutely shattered

congratulations, you've finally broken me. hope you are happy.

Jesus, at least put it in here. it was funny and relevant.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 5 of 110   

Jump to: