Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
There's no reason for us to tank seeing as we can't finish any lower than we are right now.

And it also looks like we are willing to trade our first draft pick to another club anyway... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

no need for the eye rolling. given where we have finished in previous years we have traded players to get high draft picks.

Yeah I know you are keen as mustard to trade that pick JW, I just have my doubts about that being the perfect option, that's all. Different team needs assessments and consequent opinions I guess. You are probably going to be right about the final outcome; however I'm yet to be fully convinced about who they will get back in return. Obviously if it’s Danger, I will fully support it 100% but I'm still to be completely convinced about the merits of Treloar and Aish TBH. Wait and see I guess..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

nah, not keen on whether we trade the pick or not. don't have an opinion other than to suggest that where i think our list is at it makes sense to use it to pick up a player.

Whereas I would rather pick a top 10 KPP in the draft. I think we have got our BASIC list right, just need to develop one or two young KPP's. Agree to disagree JW.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Given the inexperience of our defence, I'd like to see Reid (even though he's only half fit) thrown back to become our defensive general.

This would open up a spot up forward, so I'd be bringing Karnezis in and having him rotating with Pendles through the midfield. While the romantic in me would love to see big Cox get a game, realistically, next year will be when he gets his chance. Kennedy's 35 possession game and the way he delivered the ball beautifully to our forwards (expecially Cox) in the VFL, should earn him a recall for the remaining 2 rounds. Witts has earned a recall, especially given Grundy's sub par performance.

The only other 2 players who might come into contention are Scharenberg and Seedsman. Given that the Bergermaster is still unwilling to commit to Collingwood I wouldn't even consider him. As for Seedsman, I suspect he's already got his bags packed for a trade up north, in which case, he's also unlikely to get a game.....unless the club wants to showcase him to increase his trade value.

Ins: Witts, Karnezis, Brown, Kennedy

Outs: Grundy, Blair, Maynard, Fasolo
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We must make a few changes to make a statement that yesterday's capitulation was unacceptable.

Ins: Cox, Witts, Karnezis, Kennedy, Brown

Outs: Grundy, Fasolo, Blair, Reid, Cloke

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CBA-FINAL.pdf

14. Long Term Injury List
(d) An AFL Club is unable to transfer an injured Player to its Long Term Injury List after 2.00pm on Thursday following round 18 of the AFL Premiership Season (or any such later round as determined by the General Counsel) of the AFL Premiership Season in each year.

So unless Cox has been previously nominated or unless we have someone we placed on the LTI list a few weeks back, then Coxy can't play.

Now that you know this, enjoy watching all the ranting on the web over the next couple of weeks when he doesn't get selected Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We must make a few changes to make a statement that yesterday's capitulation was unacceptable.

(d) An AFL Club is unable to transfer an injured Player to its Long Term Injury List after 2.00pm on Thursday following round 18 of the AFL Premiership Season (or any such later round as determined by the General Counsel) of the AFL Premiership Season in each year.

So unless Cox has been previously nominated or unless we have someone we placed on the LTI list a few weeks back, then Coxy can't play.

Now that you know this, enjoy watching all the ranting on the web over the next couple of weeks when he doesn't get selected Wink

this is what i originally thought. i believe that as an alternative rookie cox can be elevated at any time.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

this is what i originally thought. i believe that as an alternative rookie cox can be elevated at any time.

Can't see that written anywhere
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Geek wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Can't see that written anywhere

yeah nah. i misread it re the alternative talent Rookie. as you were. let the carping begin.

i was basing it on this:

Quote:

Presently the only opportunities to lift a rookie onto the senior list come when a player has a long-term injury, when the club does not already have 40 primary-listed players before the season or when they can afford a nominated rookie midway through the year. Alternative talent rookies can also be elevated at any time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-21/rookie-list-stay-or-go

cox is not an alternative talent rookie which i thought there was a chance he might have been.

Rizzo32 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 pm

There will be a spot for Cox, I'm sure Freeman or Ramsay was put on LTI at one point, or they'll claim special consideration for the clembuterol twins.

Either way changes are required and giving Cox a go seems a good place to start to find some invigoration for the 2 dead rubbers that remain.

In: Brown, Cox, Oxley and give Karnevis & Kennedy a chance to show us something
Out: Fasolo, Blair, Sinclair, Toovey, Frost

Can't have Brown & Frost in the same team, far too similar and both take an eternity to move the ball on, especially with Marsh who is less than reliable by foot but still deserving of another chance after his 2 previous games. Brown to get as far away from goals as possible for every kick in!

Oxley, Reid, Varcoe and Langdon must be in the back half to give us some guys who can kick. Same reason Maynard stays in only just ahead of Seedsman, and the reason Tooves & Sinkers are out.

Fas & Blair don't get enough kicks to be able to afford to miss set shot goals. 1 goal between the past 2 games, I'll take a punt we can get that from DeGoey & Kennedy plus as many tackles.

Chuck Patty K on a wing for a couple of games, what could possibly go wrong!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 am

The White flag has gone up, do not expect to win another game.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-08-24/injury-update-several-seasons-ended
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:53 am

No, no "white flag" is up - the team might not win another game, the way it's been playing, but it won't have anything to do with those 5 injured players not coming back - not a single one of them was going to be picked against Geelong or Essendon, anyway, not even as an outside chance.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:20 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
No, no "white flag" is up - the team might not win another game, the way it's been playing, but it won't have anything to do with those 5 injured players not coming back - not a single one of them was going to be picked against Geelong or Essendon, anyway, not even as an outside chance.

Exactly.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 am

We shall see what transpires against the pussies whether my thoughts are correct or not.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 am

We could lose against the pussies but not because these 5 players are not playing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 am

They have played poorly in most of their recent matches. If they do that against the Cats, as well, it won't indicate that your "thoughts are correct" or otherwise. They played their worst game of the season in the last match - before the announcement that Goldsack was going to have knee surgery was made (albeit after Buckey had all but ruled Goldsack out for the remainder of the season).

Can you really not see that nothing that Collingwood does in the game against Geelong can "prove" your hypothesis?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 am

Life, as a Collingwood fan, was not meant to be easy. - Malcolm Fraser.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Life, as a Collingwood fan, was not meant to be easy. - Malcolm Fraser.

Fraser was a filth fan please Rolling Eyes - eye roll Lazza!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: