Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
We don't know the full story as yet and who knows perhaps this substance can find it's why into the system from an everyday source like meat like some have suggested.

Come on, stop trying to make excuses now!

Now you're being like those ESS fans where Hird could do no wrong!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm

John Wren wrote:
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-30/club-statement

The Collingwood Football Club was advised on Friday by ASADA that two of its players, Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas, are under investigation.

The pair have returned positive A samples to clenbuterol, a substance prohibited under the WADA anti-doping code.

The players’ B samples are still to be analysed, which is currently scheduled for 14 April 2015. It is noted that until the outcome of the B sample is known, the commencement of the provisional suspension is not an admission of guilt or wrongdoing, but a procedural requirement under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Both players have sought independent legal advice through the AFL Players Association.

It is important for Collingwood to communicate to its supporters that the club has conducted a forensic audit of its tightly controlled dietary and nutrition program (which is overseen by its Integrity Officer) and is completely satisfied the positive results are in no way connected to the program.

Collingwood is wholly committed to upholding the WADA anti-doping policy and the cause of eradicating performance enhancing drugs from sport.

The club will continue to offer both players all of its support.

Why should the club Support them when they went behind the Clubs Back?

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Wow - lets drag them out back and shoot them now. Or we could wait until we hear what has happened. The "you've got to be pretty stupid to do this..." line is brilliant. Yes exactly. Maybe they are not completely stupid - and there is an explanation. Or maybe there isnt. Does anyone on here know. NO. Thats the only dead set fact. One of the most dsgraceful things about the Essendon scandel is how really young men - f..k they are almost kids have been taken through the cleaners. Anyone want to guess how much fun that must have been. Side by side means something or it means nothing. If it means something to you, then work out what the f... it means, and live by that. There was a young kid who was once a really great footballer, who was unlucky enough to play for a club that stood for nothing but winning, at any cost. Have a look at how Ben Cousin's life has turned out (I still wish him the best, because it is a human being's life). Stop talking about these guys like they are trash. The are Collingwood Footballers. So if you want them gone now, before the governing body has worked through its process, then hurry on along to www.tiggers.ripitupwhenitgetstough.com. They need new short term replacements all the time.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:43 pm

At this stage we don't know if it was deliberately taken or mistakenly taken. (of course on the assumption that they are positive and the B sample says the same).

Deliberately taken means delist immediately.

Mistakenly taken means "we understand you made an error", but can't afford to keep you on the list for 2 years and not play a game. So probably have to delist you anyway. "Sorry, but see ya". If its a 6-12 month ban, I guess we can deal with it

Regardless, looks like they are screwed.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. But clearly we are on the slippery slope to Sh!thouse in 2015.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Out of interest, what happens if the B sample comes up negative?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Pete 70, you're talking shite mate!

My 13yo who plays State Representative sports knows what she can & cannot take.
She has been subjected to random drug tests herself (with me present I might add).

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

THERE IS A LIST!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Find it hard to believe the accidently took clenbuterol.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

No your right annodam - all i said was cant we wait and see how the process plays out. But to hell with that lets delist now hey. Support your team is talking shit - okay.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Question for right now is:

Should Collingwood FC asked the AFL to lift the provisional suspension pending the results of the B sample test (mid April) so that Thomas and Keefe can be in the mix for selection in Rnd 1?

Even if granted it might be very distracting for the team if they play. Imagine the sledging of the whole team from the home ground crowd in Brisbane in Rnd 1. And if they play a ripper and we win? Imagine the accusations.

But then, innocent to proven guilty. And they are not guilty until the B sample shows up positive.

Last edited by Woods on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Quote:
It is important for Collingwood to communicate to its supporters that the club has conducted a forensic audit of its tightly controlled dietary and nutrition program (which is overseen by its Integrity Officer) and is completely satisfied the positive results are in no way connected to the program.
In other words, if the B sample comes up Positive, these idiots are on their own.

I am starting to be pissed off with AFL football in general. The farcical episode with Essendon. Crowley was allowed to play for weeks including finals and we now have 2 of our players who have embarrassed the club be it they are awaiting plan B.
malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Wow - lets drag them out back and shoot them now. Or we could wait until we hear what has happened. The "you've got to be pretty stupid to do this..." line is brilliant. Yes exactly. Maybe they are not completely stupid - and there is an explanation. Or maybe there isnt. Does anyone on here know. NO. Thats the only dead set fact. One of the most dsgraceful things about the Essendon scandel is how really young men - f..k they are almost kids have been taken through the cleaners. Anyone want to guess how much fun that must have been. Side by side means something or it means nothing. If it means something to you, then work out what the f... it means, and live by that. There was a young kid who was once a really great footballer, who was unlucky enough to play for a club that stood for nothing but winning, at any cost. Have a look at how Ben Cousin's life has turned out (I still wish him the best, because it is a human being's life). Stop talking about these guys like they are trash. The are Collingwood Footballers. So if you want them gone now, before the governing body has worked through its process, then hurry on along to www.tiggers.ripitupwhenitgetstough.com. They need new short term replacements all the time.

Well said and your comment on Ben is spot on, I would also ask where does Malthouse stand in all of this considering his belief was that what happens out of hours should not effect what happens during it. Be it that WC's value system stem from his time. When he finishes up, if he ever does as he coaches every team in the AFL, it will interesting how he reviews some of his moral and ethical decisions. Or should I say everyone else. This goes to the crux of the problem, leaders in all footy clubs, especially when you hear about coaches in country/local footythat also take drugs. What sort of leaders are they, I would say weak as piss. No wonder the men of today are struggling to find answers. Footy clubs are essential for boys and men who need the ability have a place to feel part of, now that the job market has dried up these places give many a place that give a purpose and direction.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:58 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
We don't know the full story as yet and who knows perhaps this substance can find it's why into the system from an everyday source like meat like some have suggested.

Lets all wait till the evidence is in. In Hird's case the evidence was in.

Now they may have knowingly taken the banned substance or they may not have. We need to wait as I believe we presume innocence at least the AFL does till all the facts are known.

watt price tully Scorpio

ANNODAM wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Lets all wait till the evidence is in. In Hird's case the evidence was in.

Now they may have knowingly taken the banned substance or they may not have. We need to wait as I believe we presume innocence at least the AFL does till all the facts are known.

RudeBoy 

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-30/club-statement

The Collingwood Football Club was advised on Friday by ASADA that two of its players, Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas, are under investigation.

The pair have returned positive A samples to clenbuterol, a substance prohibited under the WADA anti-doping code.

The players’ B samples are still to be analysed, which is currently scheduled for 14 April 2015. It is noted that until the outcome of the B sample is known, the commencement of the provisional suspension is not an admission of guilt or wrongdoing, but a procedural requirement under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Both players have sought independent legal advice through the AFL Players Association.

Collingwood is wholly committed to upholding the WADA anti-doping policy and the cause of eradicating performance enhancing drugs from sport.

The club will continue to offer both players all of its support.

Why should the club Support them when they went behind the Clubs Back?

I guess because they haven't been found guilty yet Dave. Rolling Eyes
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Just did some research on Clem.. Clem is commonly used by bodybuilders as it shreds fat & increases muscle. Now it is known to be in meat as animals get fed it.. But not in Australia...

Clem takes about 4 days to get out of your system, so they can forget the argument that they ate meat overseas during holidays because they were tested in FEB 10..

They are both from queensland and are great mates...

They didnt get clem into there systmem via meat, they both took it knowingly to get an advantage. Give these 2 the boot ASAP..We dont tolerate drugs at our club..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 5 of 44   

Jump to: