Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boko Haram, too many dead to count.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa Marmo wrote:
You do realize they smash it between the eyes with the equivalent of an electric sledgehammer, before turning over onto its back, then slitting its throat from ear to ear. There is no nice way to do this, doesn't matter from whose perspective you look at it, the animal still dies. And take it from someone who knows, if you think its more humane, let me take you for look see, and you will very quickly change your mind Jojo.

Well, this is a first (at least for a while)... +1. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

I was at a Pig Abattoirs last night in western Melbourne, would you like me to see if I can take you for a tour?

This "sledgehammer" is a air operated device that knocks the animal out so they are in lala land as they are killed to be slaughtered.

You would not want to come across disingenuous would you.

It's a horrid process but it's a damn sight better than just cutting it's throat and letting it bleed out or run around like a headless chook.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:12 pm

1061 wrote:
I was at a Pig Abattoirs last night in western Melbourne, would you like me to see if I can take you for a tour?

This "sledgehammer" is a air operated device that knocks the animal out so they are in lala land as they are killed to be slaughtered.

It's a horrid process but it's a damn sight better than just cutting it's throat and letting it bleed out or run around like a headless chook.

They aren't able to run around, the cattle and sheep are restrained and held in a mechanical crush, knocked out by the air gun, turned upside down so the head falls back, then the throat is cut. The process I have just mentioned IS the way Halal slaughter takes place here in Australia. The only thing I left out, is the fact that the muzzie slaughterman says a Halal prayer as he kills each one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:13 pm

1061 wrote:

And that's what it's meant to be, painless as possible. They need more inspectors. And I'd prefer they killed before transporting. Transporting is an unnecessary addition fear for them. Just like live exports.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 pm

^ What, and have real jobs for people in Australia? Fantasyland stuff. How very last century. We don't do that anymore.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 pm

By "we" do you mean you and me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 pm

think positive wrote:
1061 wrote:

And that's what it's meant to be, painless as possible. They need more inspectors. And I'd prefer they killed before transporting. Transporting is an unnecessary addition fear for them. Just like live exports.

It's not pretty, it's not nice but it's a fact of life.

As for transporting live exports, that is just gutless pollies not standing up to the farmers.

I need to go now and cook my pork chop with and make my Halal Salad.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ Sorry, the Christian - and especially Catholic - churches certainly have things to be ashamed about in their institutional response to Nazism, though they also have things to be proud of in places (Bonhoeffer et al) ; but to suggest that the Nazis came somehow out of the Christian churces - which I assume to be the implication of your "didn't come from Mars" comment - is a fairly unusual historical interpretation, and you'd have to elaborate on that for me.

I hold no great candle for the Church, though I do see merit in the words of the Christian founder - i just sense that you're drawing too long a bow with your post.

No, my use of the term "not coming from Mars" was to say that the holocaust needed willing accomplices. The churches in the countries I mentioned were part of the accomplices. There were many fine examples as you noted. I had a relative in Austria of all places that was in a convent where the nuns hid her during the war.

I'm speaking in generalizations but accurate generalizations. Nazism grew out of historical anti Semitism which the church played a major role. I forget now if it was the German or Austrian Catholic church or German Catholics who placed themselves front & centre for Hitler.

Additional: It was the Austrians.

Additional: I suppose the term could also have been that Nazism didn'tt occur in a vacuum

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ Sorry, the Christian - and especially Catholic - churches certainly have things to be ashamed about in their institutional response to Nazism, though they also have things to be proud of in places (Bonhoeffer et al) ; but to suggest that the Nazis came somehow out of the Christian churces - which I assume to be the implication of your "didn't come from Mars" comment - is a fairly unusual historical interpretation, and you'd have to elaborate on that for me.

I hold no great candle for the Church, though I do see merit in the words of the Christian founder - i just sense that you're drawing too long a bow with your post.

No, my use of the term "not coming from Mars" was to say that the holocaust needed willing accomplices. The churches in the countries I mentioned were part of the accomplices. There were many fine examples as you noted. I had a relative in Austria of all places that was in a convent where the nuns hid her during the war.

I'm speaking in generalizations but accurate generalizations. Nazism grew out of historical anti Semitism which the church played a major role. I forget now if it was the German or Austrian Catholic church or German Catholics who placed themselves front & centre for Hitler.

Additional: It was the Austrians.

Additional: I suppose the term could also have been that Nazism didn'tt occur in a vacuum

Got it, no disagreement, cheers. The role of the Catholic Church, too, in spiriting Nazis out to South America after the war was particularly shameful. Everyone had to make some compromises with Nazism to survive. Fortunately a brave, or romantic, few did not. But brave people do not usually live in real estate like St Peters'.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Even though there's been great posts in this thread so far about Christianity and Islamism, the original point of the topic was about Boko Haram and its violence and destruction in Nigeria.

Boko Haram has been a major problem for Nigeria for many years now and it surprises me that there hasn't been more media coverage about what's going on in Nigeria. Like many other Sunni Jihadist terrorist groups the group is all about expanding itself through Nigeria just like the way ISIS is through Iraq and Syria at the moment and to enforce it's hardline beliefs on innocent citizens in areas it claims to have control over now.

Boko Haram members have also pledged allegiance to the leader of ISIS recently which is demonstrative of their true intentions and objectives of what they would like to achieve as a group. They're quite similar to ISIS in many ways but just not as big as them in manpower obviously.

Sadly many Western news sources haven't reported this enough for people to have a great deal of knowledge on the problems of Nigeria but it's been an ongoing problem for over five years now and is getting progressively worse as time goes on. The current Nigerian government has a big problem to address here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: