Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cronulla .... WTF is in the water?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterWH wrote:
heyDr.Alf....seems theres alot that you dont know...what have the Nips got to do with the price of fish....
Are you calling the Howard Government a bunch of Japs...if so I agree BUT that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Well. You said you fought for this country.

The only time this country was ever fought for was when the Japs invaded in World War 2. So, I'm merely expressing my surprise that you are old enough to have fought against the Japs.

That's all.

The reference to the Japs taking over Australia was to do with all their big corporations invading us in the 60s and 70s. The Australia of my youth was definitely a suburb of Japan.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:11 pm

OK if we are going to get bloody technical about it....I fought FOR Australia back in the 60's....bet none of these people involved with the 'racial' demonstartaions knew anything about the Vietnam War...of which we fought FOR our country against the unknown!!!!!!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:02 pm

The Unknown? Is that what you called the Vietnamese back then?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:33 pm

PeterWH wrote:
OK if we are going to get bloody technical about it....I fought FOR Australia back in the 60's....bet none of these people involved with the 'racial' demonstartaions knew anything about the Vietnam War...of which we fought FOR our country against the unknown!!!!!!

I hate to break it to you, but little Vietnam was never going to invade Australia. However, that didn't stop the US and it's erstwhile asslickers (that would be us) bombing the shit out of that country and killing 4 MILLION people. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I have great sympathy for the Australian conscripts who were forced to fight in that unjust war, but don't try to re-write history and pretend you were defending this country. I am old enough to remember it all, because I was one of those demonstrating against the war and trying to stop the slaughter of Vietnamese people as well as the pointless deaths of young Australian servicemen.

Next time you or other vietnam vets start complaining about agent orange, I might have more sympathy for you if you show some compassion, and regret, for the plight of the Vietnamese people you dropped the stuff on.

History shows that we were the bad guys in that war pal. Just because you did what the idiots in government at the time told you to do doesn't make it right. Remember, during WW2 Japanese and German soldiers were simply following the orders of their government's as well.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:58 pm

I had the most interesting converstaion with my GP today re the current conflict in Sydney

We were discussing the current Code Brown - External Disaster - training exercises taking place across the major public hospitals atm - in preparation for a possible "incident" during the Commonwealth Games.

I was amazed at how scathing he was towards as he stated "the immigrants causing the problems in Sydney"

He is a man of colour and has been here for two years - prior to that had worked as a Dr in South Africa for 10 years. He was adamant that on the whole Aussies are not racist people - and that if one could not intergrate into Australian society - they could intergrate nowhere.

He said he had to kep a suit at the hospital where he worked to change into for the days work as by the time he got there from home he would be covered in spit and rotten fruit etc.

Strange feeling - he obviously felt strongly about it because here is 110% better than where he has come from and what he has experienced and yet I feel that the current state of affairs is so foreign to that which I have grown up and have ever been used to.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:35 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
The Australia of my youth was definitely a suburb of Japan.

...but with a much worse public transport system. On the plus side, it did have easier access to golf courses.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:01 am

Code "brown" B4E!

Obviously I cant reveal my sources,but I always thought code "brown" was the army/Govt secret for releasing the "brown" note.
A certain pitch/ frequency that when played makes you lose all contol of bowel movements.

For those uneducated, yes, its true! They covered it on South Park. Also they tested it on "Mythbusters"(with no success). Yes, no drawing of "mud" I'm afraid, but if you suddenly go down to "browntown"....blame the Government and their subliminal operations! Gotta go now, the voices in my head are telling me to cook blueberry muffins! Shocked

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:04 am

Who is your favorite Science Fiction author? Uh. Yeah that's right. Do you still it? Do you have any conditions I should know about?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:04 pm

bucks4ever wrote:
I had the most interesting converstaion with my GP today re the current conflict in Sydney

We were discussing the current Code Brown - External Disaster - training exercises taking place across the major public hospitals atm - in preparation for a possible "incident" during the Commonwealth Games.

I was amazed at how scathing he was towards as he stated "the immigrants causing the problems in Sydney"

He is a man of colour and has been here for two years - prior to that had worked as a Dr in South Africa for 10 years. He was adamant that on the whole Aussies are not racist people - and that if one could not intergrate into Australian society - they could intergrate nowhere.

He said he had to kep a suit at the hospital where he worked to change into for the days work as by the time he got there from home he would be covered in spit and rotten fruit etc.

Strange feeling - he obviously felt strongly about it because here is 110% better than where he has come from and what he has experienced and yet I feel that the current state of affairs is so foreign to that which I have grown up and have ever been used to.

The reason everyone was so shocked by the events at Cronulla was precisely because they are so rare. Generally, multiculturalism has worked wonderfully in this country. It's up to all of us to ensure its continued success.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:06 pm

skaman wrote:
Code "brown" B4E!

Obviously I cant reveal my sources,but I always thought code "brown" was the army/Govt secret for releasing the "brown" note.
A certain pitch/ frequency that when played makes you lose all contol of bowel movements.

For those uneducated, yes, its true! They covered it on South Park. Also they tested it on "Mythbusters"(with no success). Yes, no drawing of "mud" I'm afraid, but if you suddenly go down to "browntown"....blame the Government and their subliminal operations! Gotta go now, the voices in my head are telling me to cook blueberry muffins! Shocked

Laughing Skaman - yes unfortunate choice of colour isn't it .

I shall pass your theory on to our Emegency Controller Wink or maybe not as they may lock me up me thinks Razz

Quite true RB - let us hope it stays that way

PS Skaman - how were your muffins then Laughing Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 pm

I find the ignorance of left wing revisionist historians regarding the Vietnam war to be truly remarkable.

The way our troops were treated by the so called 'peace' movement of the day and the way the vets are treated now is truly sickening. The west was not there to slaughter 4 million people, The US and her allies were protecting a nascent government from being overrun by a communist revolution.

Communist societies are truly evil as Vietnam became and still is. There is little or no freedom of speech or association and the people are forced to work for a collective society rather than for any indvidual fulfilment. The fact the war in Vietnam was fought to a stalemate and the west didn't win is one of the true tragedies of modern history. The Communists broke the agreements of the armistace and took over the south, killing, imprisoning and "reeducating" thousands of their own people. Do you think all the Vietnamese refugees in the 70s came to Australia to escape Western aggression?? NO they were escaping the communists who WE were trying to fight.

To all the Vietnam veterans on this forum (even if it's just the one), thank you for standing up for your country, our beliefs and the people of South Vietnam. The war in Vietnam may have been fought in a misguided way but you stood up when your country asked it of you did proud all the Aussie boys who never came back. Unlike the scum who spat and swore at you when you came home, the current generations appreciate your sacrifices.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 pm

I received this in an email. I'm not expressing opinion one way or another, merely presenting some information passed onto me:

"Have a read of this Quadrant article published in January last year. This article predicts the riots and makes it very clear why they occurred. Is the Author right? "

http://www.quadrant.org.au/php/article_view.php?article_id=581

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:54 pm

Quote:
The US and her allies were protecting a nascent government from being overrun by a communist revolution.

Incorrect.
The South Vietnamese people fought against the "invaders" as hard as the North Vietnamese did.
Thats why you often hear that "we controlled the day, they controlled the night".

I certainly was not there of course, but my father was.
Funnily, considering the arguments here, he left Australia a Liberal voter, returned a Labour man.

Our troops were just pawns in the arse-licking that went on then, and is going on again now.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:17 pm

Wokko wrote:
I find the ignorance of left wing revisionist historians regarding the Vietnam war to be truly remarkable.

The way our troops were treated by the so called 'peace' movement of the day and the way the vets are treated now is truly sickening. The west was not there to slaughter 4 million people, The US and her allies were protecting a nascent government from being overrun by a communist revolution.

Communist societies are truly evil as Vietnam became and still is. There is little or no freedom of speech or association and the people are forced to work for a collective society rather than for any indvidual fulfilment. The fact the war in Vietnam was fought to a stalemate and the west didn't win is one of the true tragedies of modern history. The Communists broke the agreements of the armistace and took over the south, killing, imprisoning and "reeducating" thousands of their own people. Do you think all the Vietnamese refugees in the 70s came to Australia to escape Western aggression?? NO they were escaping the communists who WE were trying to fight.

To all the Vietnam veterans on this forum (even if it's just the one), thank you for standing up for your country, our beliefs and the people of South Vietnam. The war in Vietnam may have been fought in a misguided way but you stood up when your country asked it of you did proud all the Aussie boys who never came back. Unlike the scum who spat and swore at you when you came home, the current generations appreciate your sacrifices.

This is probably not the place for a lengthy treatise on the Vietnam war, but your facts are wrong. Ho Chi Minh led a nationalist struggle which first defeated the French colonialists in the 1950s. However, the USA, was determined not to allow Vietnam to become a communist country. Therefore, when Ho Chi Minh offered to participate in a national election to re-unite the country, the US backed forces in the south (which was a brutal military dictatorship) refused to proceed with an election because they knew the Ho Chi Minh forces would have romped it in. That whole war was an absolute tragedy and waste of human life.

As I said earlier, I have a lot of sympathy for our troops who suffered in that war, because they should never have been in it. However, I am still disappointed that not enough of them ever bother to show any remorse or compassion for the millions of Indo Chinese they bombed, napalmed, poisoned, burned, raped, murdered and generally slaughtered.

If you think i'm exaggerating, the fact is that the anti-vietnam war movement was made up of not just a bunch of "lefties", as was suggested, but was also made up of a great many returned soldiers from Vietnam. The most well known in the USA was Senator Kerry, who contested the Presidency at the last election.

As for the refugees who fled vietnam after the US and Australia were defeated, they were generally supporters of the regime in the south which was overthrown. Naturally they fled.

Unfortunately there are too many people around the world who love to glorify the acts of their country's army, out of a sense of national duty. Sometimes it is important to recognise when your country and its armed forces have been wrong. Otherwise, we can too easily make the same mistakes again, at a great cost of precious human life.

Lest you think i'm an enemy of australia's armed forces, I think they have done a remarkable job of international peace keeping in a number of locations (especially in East Timor) in recent years.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:22 pm

Oh. . . . Im sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: