Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been reported Richmond has confirmed they will not pursue Schache (Bris).

Does this leave us as the most keen to secure him?
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 am

The AFL stated aim to retain Lynch at GC by offerring an ambassadorial role/payment surely must be classified as draft/trade tampering. If a club tried this they would be crucified, though they did let carlscum get away with it. Would love to see Eddie offer a bigger ambassador payment and then take the bastards to court when they said no.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 am

69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
The AFL stated aim to retain Lynch at GC by offerring an ambassadorial role/payment surely must be classified as draft/trade tampering. If a club tried this they would be crucified, though they did let carlscum get away with it. Would love to see Eddie offer a bigger ambassador payment and then take the bastards to court when they said no.

We would all love to see that occur.
But Eddie is a yes man.

SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 am

Hey qldmagpie67, any word on which of our midfielders is being quietly offered up to a few Melbourne based clubs ?
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am

From memory, Levi was being offered up last season? Might be him again?
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Josh Thomas and Keeffe are obvious choices to send up to Brissy for Schache??
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Pies have to make some list space, forced and otherwise. White gone only at present. They should keep Pick 6 and maybe add the younger Brown. Balic, maybe Schache, might be of interest, maybe even Watts if very cheap. Keefe, Thomas to Qld, Ramsay back to WA. I have asked the question before, from the Rd 23 team, if all players had been fit, who would have missed, and which of them are considered essential.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Here are our current senior players, whom I think should be considered as tradeable:

Broomhead - has had too many chances and hasn't come on as hoped.

Aish - a reasonable player, but he doesn't add anything to our team.

Keeffe - not good enough to force his way in for even a single game this year.

Scharenberg - a fantastic young player, cruelled by injuries, making him too slow, lacking agility, depth of kicking and any physicality at all. A great shame.

Thomas - see Aish comments above.

Greenwood - with the emergence of Wills, De Goey and Maynard as on-ballers, he would most likely be mainly a VFL player next year.

Ramsay - difficult call as he showed great promise early last year but was disappointing in 2017.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Hey qldmagpie67, any word on which of our midfielders is being quietly offered up to a few Melbourne based clubs ?

Mate I haven't been able to confirm the name as yet there's 2 being spoken of (rumours hence why I'm trying to get some confirmation before naming either)
If the rumours are correct we are looking to offload
Aish to a SA club (don't think that's any great secret)
1 or 2 midfielders to Melbourne based clubs (likely get us a second round pick maybe late first round depending on which player/s it might be)
Oxley likely to be delisted
Sinclair likely delisted but could be offered rookie spot depending on medical outcome
Think there will be a couple other delisting so or trades

The club seem certain to either be a player in the draft or trade market.
Not sure which yet we've been linked to every off contract player most of which we aren't really into but linking them to Collingwood is good for driving up there salaries it appears
SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Good stuff !

The two midfielders that are being spoken of, do you believe they are in our best 22 based on 2017 form ?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Here are our current senior players, whom I think should be considered as tradeable:

Scharenberg - a fantastic young player, cruelled by injuries, making him too slow, lacking agility, depth of kicking and any physicality at all. A great shame.

Greenwood - with the emergence of Wills, De Goey and Maynard as on-ballers, he would most likely be mainly a VFL player next year.

Ramsay - difficult call as he showed great promise early last year but was disappointing in 2017.

Rude I wouldn't be trading either Scharenberg or Ramsay just yet.
Firstly Scharenberg will only get better the more time he spends playing football. Heck he hasn't yet completed a AFL preseason so give the kid a chance. After 14 AFL games he's hardly had time to show you his best.
Trading him now after investing 4yrs into him when he's only now starting to play senior football is just dumb. We used pick 6 on him and now we wouldn't get a equal return. His stocks will only rise when he's had the chance to get used to senior footy.
Ramsay is interesting his down the pecking order in our side but has a big upside as well. Coming off a knee he's been slower to recover than I think we had hoped for. Some knees take longer than others
If your looking for HBF types to trade look at Langdon . He offers far less than Scharenberg in terms of kicking skills and reading play. He was pick 65 for a reason and after 50'odd senior games (according to champion data) if his draft was redone over he would go pick 58 hardly a stellar improvement really
We wouldn't get more than a 3rd round pick for him and for mine this is his make or break year at AFL level. He's been ok (forgiving him his first 3 AFL games this season when he basically cost us 2 games by himself) and handy for a low draft pick but he's not ever going to be anything more than a handy bit player in any team at this level
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Good stuff !

The two midfielders that are being spoken of, do you believe they are in our best 22 based on 2017 form ?

1 for sure the other is borderline more likely not if all players available and fit
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Rude I wouldn't be trading either Scharenberg or Ramsay just yet.
Firstly Scharenberg will only get better the more time he spends playing football. Heck he hasn't yet completed a AFL preseason so give the kid a chance. After 14 AFL games he's hardly had time to show you his best.
Trading him now after investing 4yrs into him when he's only now starting to play senior football is just dumb. We used pick 6 on him and now we wouldn't get a equal return. His stocks will only rise when he's had the chance to get used to senior footy.
Ramsay is interesting his down the pecking order in our side but has a big upside as well. Coming off a knee he's been slower to recover than I think we had hoped for. Some knees take longer than others
If your looking for HBF types to trade look at Langdon . He offers far less than Scharenberg in terms of kicking skills and reading play. He was pick 65 for a reason and after 50'odd senior games (according to champion data) if his draft was redone over he would go pick 58 hardly a stellar improvement really
We wouldn't get more than a 3rd round pick for him and for mine this is his make or break year at AFL level. He's been ok (forgiving him his first 3 AFL games this season when he basically cost us 2 games by himself) and handy for a low draft pick but he's not ever going to be anything more than a handy bit player in any team at this level

QM67, jeez mate, I really hope you are right about Scharenberg. The poor kid has been thru the ringer, with all the operations on his feet and knees, that he certainly deserves a chance to become the player he so promised to become as a teen. My fear is that we are all judging him on his past potential, not his current potential. Believe me, I've tried to see the promise in the kid, but it completely escapes me. I've got to trust the club, so if he's kept on then I'll be wishing him the very best and I'll be hoping he proves me wrong. Sometimes, however, it's best to simply cut your losses.

As for Ramsay, I'd certainly be happy to see him retained given the early form he displayed last year. However, we seem to have many HBF options, so if we need to trade someone to get a better player, then he should be considered. At the end of the day, I trust the club to know the right thing to do regarding these players.

Overall, I'd really like us to use our draft picks this year on the best young kids available.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm

^^^
Rude I get where you're coming from mate. He hasn't had any luck with injuries and maybe just getting back on the field is the best he can do. I a unashamed Scharenberg fan (who would have guessed lol) and until he's shown he can't improve any more he's more than worth keeping around based purely on what he showed as a junior.
I look at it this way. If he ends up half the player they predicted prior to the draft he will be a very good player.
Experts like Matthews and Ricciuto have labeled him one the best juniors they had seen and for mine that's enough to give him every opportunity.
Mate I agree we have a over abundance of mid sized HBF types hence why I was happy we moved Maynard into the middle.
Goldie is worth his weight in gold just for his second efforts and being the most selfless player on our list.
I'm with you with pick 6 just take the best player available no matter what position he plays.
We can always trade away a player we have now to to fit a good young talent on the list
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Not sure which yet we've been linked to every off contract player most of which we aren't really into but linking them to Collingwood is good for driving up there salaries it appears[/quote]

Newbie manager 101. In several years when our young players demand more and we have another Brown and Daicos on the list it will be a joke.

"Collingwood have made him an offer"

"What, that small. They have no room left. Go away sonny and try again"

I am sure the industry, except maybe GCS treat it all with a grain of salt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 35 of 90   

Jump to: