Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#41,#8 Tom Langdon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Sidebottom wins the Copeland alongside Grundy and they both make the AA side for the first time.

Langdon resists the temptation of the Sydney offer and remains loyal to Collingwood.

Beams is likely to be a Pie again and possibly as early as tomorrow.

It would appear the Football Gods are enjoying the ongoing cat fight between P4S and QLD and couldn't have scripted this off season any better to date.

LOL.

P.S- Well done Tom. I thought that reported offer was to good to refuse.

you couldn't script it any better..... With Beams and Sidey in the same team, that debate will take care of itself, and now that Langdon is arguably the best defender in the competition (and has proven that his game is clutch), that debate should now die its natural death with a unanimous victory by knockout going to P4S.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm

E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Sidebottom wins the Copeland alongside Grundy and they both make the AA side for the first time.

Langdon resists the temptation of the Sydney offer and remains loyal to Collingwood.

It would appear the Football Gods are enjoying the ongoing cat fight between P4S and QLD and couldn't have scripted this off season any better to date.

LOL.

you couldn't script it any better..... With Beams and Sidey in the same team, that debate will take care of itself, and now that Langdon is arguably the best defender in the competition (and has proven that his game is clutch), that debate should now die its natural death with a unanimous victory by knockout going to P4S.

E don't go off to early my cherpa aides are at Mt Kilmanjaro as we speak with orders to "assist" him down the mountain the quickest possible way !!!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:53 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
Surpising to see champion data's tweet:

Tom Langdon lost 45% of his 1v1 contests, the 2nd worst in the competition of the top 100 to defend a contest

Does this "champion data" take into consideration that he's often a foot shorter or 10 kilos lighter in his 1v1 contests?

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 pm

^ Definitely something to consider... but it'd be a stronger point if he played better on small opponents.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:07 pm

mattdally wrote:
I am not sure how much closer to winning a flag we were a fortnight ago!

ugh, that really bites

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

mattdally wrote:
I am not sure how much closer to winning a flag we were a fortnight ago!

Shhhh please......I am crawling back into my darkened room again!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:43 pm

He was sought after. He was rated by the opposition and he was rated by us.
He chose to stay on less money.

Champion data as said wont say he played undersized half the year.

Says a lot about the club and him that he chose to stay

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:33 pm

MJ23 wrote:

Who are the same-sized players he's done well on? (This is not a suggestion that there are none.) Smaller players I think are too quick and mobile (a general defensive problem we've had).
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

LOL.

E don't go off to early my cherpa aides are at Mt Kilmanjaro as we speak with orders to "assist" him down the mountain the quickest possible way !!!

What are Sherpas doing in Africa?
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:05 pm

What are footy players doing in Sydney & Brisbane?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 am

K wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Who are the same-sized players he's done well on? (This is not a suggestion that there are none.) Smaller players I think are too quick and mobile (a general defensive problem we've had).

Your kidding yourself if you think he hasnt played well on small and medium forwards. He is elite across a number of stats.

Im sick of defending the guy, obviously the Swans rated him, he had interest from other clubs and ultimately WE rated him to keep him.

Everyone remembers the kick out on the full, usually under pressure. Sidey kicks it out on the full just as often. Both have very high disp accuracy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 am

He flubbed a few kicks when they rushed him back, underdone in 2017, after his long injury layoff. After that, confirmation bias seems to have set in for quite a lot of people on here. Every time he misses a target, he is said to have “hopeless” disposal. Yet, somehow he finished 2018 with over 80% DE (and finished 2017 on 84%).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am

So, despite all of the huffing and puffing about the King of Kings not being in our best 22, he seems (see Mighty Magpies’ latest list update in his mega offseason thread) to be one of only 6 Pies contracted past 2020. The others are Sidey, Howe, Treloar, Stephenson and Thomas. There’s a message in that.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 am

MJ23 wrote:
K wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Your kidding yourself if you think he hasnt played well on small and medium forwards. He is elite across a number of stats.

Im sick of defending the guy, obviously the Swans rated him, he had interest from other clubs and ultimately WE rated him to keep him.

Everyone remembers the kick out on the full, usually under pressure. Sidey kicks it out on the full just as often. Both have very high disp accuracy.

I am not critical of him. He has strengths and weaknesses, just like every other player. I just asked a question whose answer I don't know, because quite frankly a lot of the time I don't even know who is supposedly playing on whom (this being the way of modern footy --- which rules committees and the public don't like), let alone decide who won and then remember it for all of the future.

This is not about defending or attacking a player. There are people on NBB who have extreme opinions one way or the other, but surely that's not everyone.

Our whole defence has at times done very poorly against small forwards, sometimes rather mediocre small forwards, e.g. Fantasia. (And think what happened last game against Freo. An ageing non-forward...)

(Sidebottom's disposal is far better than Tom's. There's no reason to compare them, though.)
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
He flubbed a few kicks when they rushed him back, underdone in 2017, after his long injury layoff. After that, confirmation bias seems to have set in for quite a lot of people on here. Every time he misses a target, he is said to have “hopeless” disposal. Yet, somehow he finished 2018 with over 80% DE (and finished 2017 on 84%).

spot on........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36   

Jump to: