Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Swans average over 90 points a game, so are not as defensive as they used to be. They have some excellent kids along with the return of Franklin and Rampe, although Heeney and Reid likely to miss. They are well coached and on the right track. It’s a game we would have pencilled in before round 1, but how things have changed.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Madgen and Wilson in, perhaps? Certainly going to be hard to replace those two.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:56 pm

3rd degree wrote:
What about Brad Rowe is he a chance?

About the same chance as Howe I would say, unfortunately. Saw him kick 6 against the Swans at VP, would have been a handy in

Magpietothemax wrote:
Swans are a very good team. They have electrifying pace, which we will find hard to handle. Don't give us much chance in this game. We will need to be ready to place fierce pressure on them to stay in the game.

They have a fantastically developing midfield with big bodied mids such as Kennedy, Parker and Heeney, along with the electric pace of ome of their

We definitely need a big bodied mid in the team to bolster our centrefield against Kennedy, Parker, Heeney and the electric pace of some of their young newly drafted mids

Yes but how would you describe their pace?

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Mon May 10, 2021 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:56 pm

David wrote:
Madgen and Wilson in, perhaps? Certainly going to be hard to replace those two.

Yep I fear we will be undermanned to a great extent. Hard to see us winning.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Apparently concussing our players is a guilt free offence, Even more so if the hitter is of a so called disadvantaged background. Yaet Keane gets a week for a incident largely caused by Kunteddy. MRP has been a joke since Jason Cloke got fitted up. Get rid of it if it can not be impartial.

Nah it will never happen. The MRP being impartial when dealing with Collingwood is to expect the impossible. As you said we have been stitched up numerous times. To not acknowledge these is to live in constant denial which is something I don’t do. The worst was when Pebbles was suspended for the Grand Final for an extremely iffy supposed strike. Such blatant bullshit🤬 My years of experience don’t lie.

True comrade, and let us not forget that thug Barry Hall, KOd a Weagles player with a vicious round house right, and somehow, somehow, got off, on orders from the corrupt League, cos they wanted the Swannies to win the Premiership, so they quashed it. To this day, it was the most utterly corrupt decision of any League tribunal, KO a player, an u get off to be in a Premiership. ! Unreal. unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:49 pm

After a long rudderless period, let's say we steadied against North and now we lose Roughy and Murphy.

And I don't expect Jordy to get 9 shots at goals.

We are faaaaaaraket lol

Franklin didn't kick a goal against Melbourne, Holy Cow, he would kick 20 against Magden.

Moore must play on Franklin, Keane FB and Kelly gives us a structure to work with.

Wilson could get a shot..but a left-field option is playing Ollie on the wing, and bringing Cox in to stretch their defenses.

Changing things around and going tall up forward could end up positive rather than bandaid.

So, ins:
Kelly, Cox ( or Wilson )
ropeter 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Apparently concussing our players is a guilt free offence, Even more so if the hitter is of a so called disadvantaged background. Yaet Keane gets a week for a incident largely caused by Kunteddy. MRP has been a joke since Jason Cloke got fitted up. Get rid of it if it can not be impartial.

Nah it will never happen. The MRP being impartial when dealing with Collingwood is to expect the impossible. As you said we have been stitched up numerous times. To not acknowledge these is to live in constant denial which is something I don’t do. The worst was when Pebbles was suspended for the Grand Final for an extremely iffy supposed strike. Such blatant bullshit🤬 My years of experience don’t lie.

True comrade, and let us not forget that thug Barry Hall, KOd a Weagles player with a vicious round house right, and somehow, somehow, got off, on orders from the corrupt League, cos they wanted the Swannies to win the Premiership, so they quashed it. To this day, it was the most utterly corrupt decision of any League tribunal, KO a player, an u get off to be in a Premiership. ! Unreal. unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I believe the incident you were referring to was against St Kilda at the MCG. The Staker incident wasn't in their premiership year

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 am

^^^^

Yeah good pick up. However Piesnchess is absolutely correct in what he says. That Barry Hall fiasco was as corrupt a deal as I have ever seen. If he was a Collingwood player, he would have got the Phil Carman treatment and rubbed out for (in his case) two grand finals 🤬 Actual history never lies regardless of how people try to rewrite it.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:31 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

No, ur dead wrong bout the SCG, our record up there is pretty good, had some good wins there, it holds no fears for us i recall. Be a very defensive game from both teams, wont be a big margin at all.

9 wins, 15 losses. Our good ground is ANZ where we've won 10, lost 3.

Subiaco, WACA and Princess Park are only grounds with a worse winning record than SCG.

Your stats are correct, of course - but we've only played there 24 times in the history of the VFL/AFL - and I'm not sure of the significance of the result in a game against Fitzroy in 1903 or against Richmond in 1952.

We didn't play at the SCG between 2000 and 2015. We've played 5 games against Sydney there, since (1 each year). The results were 2 wins and 3 losses - and we've won 2 of the last 3 there (and 3 of the last 4 against the Swans - we beat them by 9 points in 2020 at the Gabba):

- 2019 (won by 7 points)
- 2018 (lost by 2 points)
- 2017 (won by 1 point)
- 2016 (lost by 80 points)
- 2015 (lost by 11 points).
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:46 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
ronrat wrote:

PNC, I think that you are a bit confused about different events.
Hall received a 7 week suspension in 2008 for belting Staker.
Sydney didn't play in the GF in that year.
You are thinking of 2005 when he punched Matt Maguire in the stomach and was offered a one week suspension but challenged it and won with a reprimand being given.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

About the same chance as Howe I would say, unfortunately. Saw him kick 6 against the Swans at VP, would have been a handy in

Magpietothemax wrote:
Swans are a very good team. They have electrifying pace, which we will find hard to handle. Don't give us much chance in this game. We will need to be ready to place fierce pressure on them to stay in the game.

They have a fantastically developing midfield with big bodied mids such as Kennedy, Parker and Heeney, along with the electric pace of ome of their

We definitely need a big bodied mid in the team to bolster our centrefield against Kennedy, Parker, Heeney and the electric pace of some of their young newly drafted mids

Yes but how would you describe their pace?

Electrifying.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:27 am

In: Madgen, Sier

Out: Howe, Murphy

Macrae to replace C. Brown as our injury sub.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

No, ur dead wrong bout the SCG, our record up there is pretty good, had some good wins there, it holds no fears for us i recall. Be a very defensive game from both teams, wont be a big margin at all.

9 wins, 15 losses. Our good ground is ANZ where we've won 10, lost 3.

Subiaco, WACA and Princess Park are only grounds with a worse winning record than SCG.

Your stats are correct, of course - but we've only played there 24 times in the history of the VFL/AFL - and I'm not sure of the significance of the result in a game against Fitzroy in 1903 or against Richmond in 1952.

We didn't play at the SCG between 2000 and 2015. We've played 5 games against Sydney there, since (1 each year). The results were 2 wins and 3 losses - and we've won 2 of the last 3 there (and 3 of the last 4 against the Swans - we beat them by 9 points in 2020 at the Gabba):

- 2019 (won by 7 points)
- 2018 (lost by 2 points)
- 2017 (won by 1 point)
- 2016 (lost by 80 points)
- 2015 (lost by 11 points).

Yep – think it's fair to say that, much as GWS have the wood over us, we've performed well against the Swans up in Sydney for as long as I can remember, that opening round debacle in 2016 aside. I'm expecting a close game at the very least.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 am

3rd degree wrote:

Prefer James Walsey. Couldn’t play but had electrifying pace.😎

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
In: Madgen, Sier

Out: Howe, Murphy

Macrae to replace C. Brown as our injury sub.

*Roughead. Razz

I think Kelly is the other option if we dont go Madgen.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: