Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farenheit 9/11

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great Novel.

Maybe Harry Potter in 300 years it will be seen as gospel.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:57 am

Your showing you ignorance culprit as a novel is written by one or sometimes two people, but as previously stated the bible is a compilation of 66 books by 40 authors.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:00 am

My showing you ignorance culprit as a novel is written by one or two people but as stated the bible is a compilation of 66 books by 40 authors?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 am

Ignorance? lol

I would put it more down to being a sceptic.

Scientists have written various books on the big bang theory, so going on your theory we should add them all together and call it Bible MK II.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:05 am

Do all these scientists reach agreemnet? Are they not in fact all at each others throats to see who gets the biggest grant. How come none of them seem to be able to agree but the Bible stays the same. Science changes on a daily basis. How many science books have been tossed in the bin due to being proven wrong in very short periods of time.

Very flawed argument culprit

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:09 am

There is too much politics in science.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:29 am

nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
How would that make them different from the ones that passed muster?

if you have evidence to the contrary fess up.

The church commisioned its scholarly priests at the end of the 19th century to investigate the bible with the new German method of cross referencing to give scientific validity to the gospels for the new industrial age... the result?... a mass exodus of priests from the church as their faith was crushed by the incontrovertible evidence that the bible was not valid, what chance did a book have that contains over 6000 changes from the Greeks when they translated it from Hebrew? Add to that the many pagan myths of a god/man born of a virgin on december 25th that dies and resurrects on the 3rd day around Easter that were entrenched thousands of years before Christ was born and you are left in no doubt that Paul (who was called the father of lies by James, the head of the Jerusalem church and brother of Jesus) weaved a pagan myth around a historical person he never met except in a vision on the road to Damascus to sell it to the Romans, then by a quirk of fate the mad murderous roman emperor Constantine decided to use Christianity to unite the people under one religion and lined up the bishops at the point of a sword and insisted on the deification of Jesus (which many christian sects did not support, they saw him as a wise man, not the son of god) and so began the "business enterprise" we call Christianity which was best described by Pope Leo X when he said "this myth of Jesus has served us well"

Give us some evidence not just some cut and paste tripe without any sources.
That is not a cut and paste, it is straight off the top of my head from my own reading. Now I realise I can never convince a true believer of anything, and certainly not that the religion they have dedicated their life to is suspect, so when you are ready for the greater mysteries of life you can do your own research and find out for yourself that everything I wrote is historical fact easily verified
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 am

Religion as whole is flawed. It’s divisive. It’s caused the deaths of millions of innocent people. To preach that the Bible is the whole truth and nothing but the truth and that is how man evolved is what I would say is ignorant.

I would go further and say, as there more Muslims than Christians the Koran should be the #1 Gospel book on the charts so to speak.

Is the Koran or the Bible the truth?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:34 am

aceofstace wrote:
nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
How would that make them different from the ones that passed muster?

if you have evidence to the contrary fess up.

The church commisioned its scholarly priests at the end of the 19th century to investigate the bible with the new German method of cross referencing to give scientific validity to the gospels for the new industrial age... the result?... a mass exodus of priests from the church as their faith was crushed by the incontrovertible evidence that the bible was not valid, what chance did a book have that contains over 6000 changes from the Greeks when they translated it from Hebrew? Add to that the many pagan myths of a god/man born of a virgin on december 25th that dies and resurrects on the 3rd day around Easter that were entrenched thousands of years before Christ was born and you are left in no doubt that Paul (who was called the father of lies by James, the head of the Jerusalem church and brother of Jesus) weaved a pagan myth around a historical person he never met except in a vision on the road to Damascus to sell it to the Romans, then by a quirk of fate the mad murderous roman emperor Constantine decided to use Christianity to unite the people under one religion and lined up the bishops at the point of a sword and insisted on the deification of Jesus (which many christian sects did not support, they saw him as a wise man, not the son of god) and so began the "business enterprise" we call Christianity which was best described by Pope Leo X when he said "this myth of Jesus has served us well"

Give us some evidence not just some cut and paste tripe without any sources.
That is not a cut and paste, it is straight off the top of my head from my own reading. Now I realise I can never convince a true believer of anything, and certainly not that the religion they have dedicated their life to is suspect, so when you are ready for the greater mysteries of life you can do your own research and find out for yourself that everything I wrote is historical fact easily verified

Nice cop out

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:46 am

The true meaning of born again is a secret initiation performed by an adept, Lazarus is a perfect example of how a "literal" interpretation hides the true circumstances, also Both RC and protestant bibles have mistranslated the word virgin, in both the Hebrew "bible" and a 200BC copy of Isaiah found at Qumran "almah" translates as "young woman" so the immaculate conception is not quite the miracle it appears

Religion is like kindergarten for the greater mysteries, all the mystery schools of the day had a facade of exoteric religion for the commoners, nice little myths that conveyed basic teachings for living a good life, but when a student was ready for the esoteric mysteries of life he progressed in the footsteps of adepts like Plato and Aristotle etc

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 am

Religion is like kindergarten for the greater mysteries...... lmao
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:52 am

nuxta wrote:

Nice cop out

Its not a cop out, I told you the facts but you want to play the typical Christian fundy game of "give me evidence" but when that evidence is presented you will deny it. I've played this game with those who believe the earth is 6000 years old, you can give them every single piece of geological evidence known to man and they will find a way to dispute it, you simply cannot convince someone who has so much of their life invested in a belief that the belief is wrong, so once again I leave you to find your own evidence, your own path and your own truth

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:54 am

Culprit wrote:
Religion is like kindergarten for the greater mysteries...... lmao

A little finger painting, a snack, a nap, several incarnations and suddenly they kick you out into the world to get a job

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:22 pm

aceofstace wrote:
nuxta wrote:

Nice cop out

Its not a cop out, I told you the facts but you want to play the typical Christian fundy game of "give me evidence" but when that evidence is presented you will deny it. I've played this game with those who believe the earth is 6000 years old, you can give them every single piece of geological evidence known to man and they will find a way to dispute it, you simply cannot convince someone who has so much of their life invested in a belief that the belief is wrong, so once again I leave you to find your own evidence, your own path and your own truth

You are no different ace. you come on here making baseless pronouncements acting like some sort of oracle, and you offer no proof. Geez, at least MG supplies some substance to his religious arguments. Some sort of point of reference. You esoterics are all the same, every thing is ephemeral and whispy and needs not explaining." You faith followers wont listen anyway".blah blah blah

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Yes you non believer, you shall be thrown to the Lions. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: