Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#11 Daniel McStay

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brynn Teakle - your time to shine. Take note of Oleg Markov's 2023...
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Crisis creates opportunity...

Small forwards: Elliott, Schultz, Hill, McCreery

Tall forward options: Mihocek, Cox, Cameron, Krueger, Begg, Steene
Third tall: Johnson, McInnes, Howe
SSP possibilities to 'cover' McStay: Bryn Teakle 204cms and 102kgs, Will Kelly 194cms & 96kgs Sam Van Rooyen 193cms and 86kgs & 18 years old... (not drafted in the NAB Drafts of 2023)
Jacob Edwards 203cms & 96kgs- 22 years old Delisted by North Melbourne

Assuming the Pies do not pick any of the guys listed above as SSP prospects, a lot will rest upon Krueger to support Mihocek as the bash-and-crash up forward- he has talent, but also a proclivity to injure himself whilst flying for marks.

I think Bryn Teakle may get the nod over the others- I back our development team and coaches to develop him as an adequate replacement for McStay.. Adequate, as distinct from like-for-like...

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Terrible for him.

This is our 2024 sacrifice to the Footy Gods.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:09 pm

From what I’ve seen Teakle reminds me of Darcy Cameron and I’m not sure if he’ll be the answer. Josh Eyre played down back with the VFL side this year but I’m pretty sure he played forward for Essendon. Again he looks more like a third tall type.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Really devastated. He is a huge loss. And he must be suffering, having missed the GF through injury and now 2024 as well. I hope our coaches can come up with a plan to compensate for this loss. They proved time and again last year that they have the capacity to find a way whatever cruel fate flings in our direction.

Ditto to this.

Gutted for the big fella. Just gutted.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 pm

Devastated....Thing I loved about him the most was his hands. Beautiful natural mark of the ball.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:43 pm

Tragic. I really hope he sorts this out and returns in 25.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:57 am

Have faith in our rehab folks- he will be back on deck sooner rather than later, folks.
Although not a patch on actually being out on the field, McStay has leadership attributes in spades and will still add value around the Club- of that I am certain.

The strength of our group IS the strength of the collective- each player will now need to find a little extra to compensate for the loss of Adams and McStay- I have faith that they will.

Floreat Pica

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:18 am

Sooooo. Vic park. Should we be worried?

I really believe if McStay had played the GF, we would have won by 20. I thought Frampton did a marvellous job stepping in to take that defender, but McStay would have done that and kicked goals. I think Shultz will help there, races or not, Ginnie didn’t earn his medal. Goals or pressure wise. I thought he was the worst player tbh.
McStay has leadership qualities, the pic of him after theGF on crutches broke my heart. He seems such a genuine guy.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:43 am

Poor bugger, what a cruel game it can be...was also very surprised they trained at Vic Park....
Opportunity knocks for Krueger, its time to shit or get off the pot

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:12 am

Didn't the same thing happen to Nathan Brown at the beginning of 2011? I might be wrong.

Dan McStay is what Jack Dyer used to call "a good ordinary footballer". That sounds derogatory but it isn't. He's never been elite but he's been serviceable and always put it. Brisbane tried to keep him for good reason. Yes, he's the right height, is a good mark and a very good kick for goal. Make no mistake - he will be missed. He was pivotal in the two finals he played in.

I'm cheered by Warburton Lad's optimism. The club will find a way. I have no idea who will replace Dan. I've never been a fan of Kreuger. He can't play more than 5 minutes without getting injured. I hope we've exhausted our bad luck for 2024.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:27 am

Terrible news for Dan and the club. This is why the club kept open places for the mid season draft, waiting to see who we might need at the time, rather than fill the list with more young ones who have no chance of getting a game any time soon.That time has come 6 months early - we will be scouring Australia for someone - Riewoldt? Etc
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:47 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I feared when we didn't take a key forward in the draft we would come up short if we suffered injuries to key players…. This need not have happened.

An 18 yo key forward draftee would not be ready to play in 2024. And it’s pointless picking a key forward unless they are high quality - a middling key forward is a liability compared to a small or midsize that can apply pressure even if not kicking goals.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Without doubt it's a massive blow to our forward set up in 2024. Nevertheless, we will find a solution. I suspect both Kreuger and Johnson will get more opportunities now. But, we should all be hoping that the giant, Alex Conden, hits a dead end in his NBL plans and takes up our offer of a spot on our list mid year.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Awful news, and a double blow for Dan after missing the Grand Final. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

A big opportunity presents itself for Johnson and Kreuger. I wonder if the club looks to recruit another tall in the SSP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31   

Jump to: