Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need more players around the Ball as the Last Month we been out numbered around the Ball
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Personally I think for the first time this season our setup tomorrow of Cloke, Reid, White and just the one genuine ruck is our best mix until one of Witts or Grundy can have more impact up forward and around the ground and press there claims to replace White.

I don't expect miracles tomorrow given that Reid is still underdone but his presence will have a positive flow on affect on both Cloke and White you'd hope.

They have a massive tall & powerful forward line - Jenkins & Tex just for starters.

And so will we with Cloke and Reid. Wink

Do they have enough tall defenders to cover those above plus White?

It works both ways.

P.S-For the record Walker and Podsiadly are both an inch or so shorter than all our 3 tall forwards whilst Jenkins is the tallest at 199cm.

Ideally he's the sort of player that Keeffe needs to play on and beat because at 203cm he certainly has the height for it.

Lol Jenkins killed Keefe last match. He'll do it again unless Keefe discovers another level to his game.

And if I recall rightly Talia kept Cloke very quiet also. Podisadly played back that day and did well.

Reid not only brings height down back (as if it was ever just a matter of height) but much needed ball-sense down back also. Walker and Podisadly are very smart players also. We need a back with some smarts down there also. Someone who can read the play better than Keefe and to a degree Frost. For me that is Reid.

Personally I find the second ruck/forward scheme a crock. Mostly all it does is kill key forwards. White should be left to play as a key forward. If you want a second ruck get games into Grundy (if fit). That will pay off more than running yet another key forward into the ground.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Yes, White playing as a forward/ruck just hasn't worked.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Reid has to play forward.Our forward line has been abysmal this year,it's been ten times worse than our backline which has held up fairly well under the circumstances.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Reid has to play forward.Our forward line has been abysmal this year,it's been ten times worse than our backline which has held up fairly well under the circumstances.

Has to play back IMO, our midfield is depleted, we have inexperienced rucks and we've lost Toovey, given the amount of tall timber the Crows have it's a no brainer IMO.

Remember many clubs tag Reid when he plays back because of his foot skills-rebound ability, playing him back might help free up one of our running backs.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:42 pm

White to play back Smile
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Good news for us if Thomson is out for Adelaide. This equalizes the midfield situation. This will be critical. We need to make sure that supply to their forward line is limited by our ascendancy or at least equality in the midfield. I think Dangerfield is the Dangerman. We must somehow curtail his influence on the game. If Caff is unable to control him, the suggestion was Marley Williams and then Caff playing forward. Who goes back then? Goldsack?
if we at least match their midfield, I think we'll win. Jamie Elliott up forward with Cloke, and the fast ground level mids (Kennedy and Martin) have capacity to combine and create havoc for Adelaide's defence, not to mention the possibility of Reid coming forward if the defence is holding OK.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Start Reid at FF, and see how he goes, alongside clokey and Elliott, put white back to backline, we need scoring power, and Reid and Elliott give that hopefully in spades, and fasolo too, if he comes on. Its roll the dice time folks, who dares wins. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Fasolo ??? He hasn't been selected. But i like your sentiment. Maybe reckless adventurism would disorient the opposition. It would need to be done at the start, as you say, not during the game when it might smack of desperation.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Last time too they had a fast, evasive and talented little Aboriginal player debut & he caused havoc playing a great game. Don't think he's in either.

Having said that, their talls area a worry to most teams: Jenkins, Tex, Pods, & the no 1 Ruck who Carlton stupidly let go: Jacobs. Lynch once kicked 4 or 5 against us when we just managed to beat them at the G. Then we had Krak in the team.

I'm hoping we win but pissed off I am rostered to work this afternoon - Wink

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Midfield is my main concern. Ours has been ordinary lately and I can't see them getting on top today. Adams should get a full game in the guts so we should get a good look at how he plays in his preferred (probably only) position. I'll be really disappointed to see him at hbf today.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Huge game of football today with so much on the line for us and the Crows. Whoever wins has a huge chance to be playing finals football in September. Personally I think the top 7 is done and the Gold Coast are gone without Ablett now, so it comes down to us and the Crows to secure that last finals spot. A win today would put us in a healthy position to remain in the top 8 for the rest of the year, but if the Crows win then we'll be bundled out of the 8 on percentage by the end of the round with some matches coming up as well.

However it's not only just about finals football, but it's also about how we'll respond from our recent poor form. I have big expectations that the side will demonstrate a massive response against the Crows, because if they don't I really can't see any improvements for the rest of the year. We're a better team than we're showing at the moment, but our confidence is low and it needs to be regained starting from today. I hope having the bye has allowed the players and the coaching staff to reflect on what has gone wrong and to try and fix the issues that are facing us at the present time. I think the inclusions of several players for this game could really galvanise the group into action.

In regards to the changes, all the inclusions are great in my opinion. It's wonderful to see Ben Reid back for the first time this year which is amazing considering I didn't think he would be missing so much of this season to start off with. I think the big man should start forward especially since our forward line has been deplorable so far this season. We had 49 inside 50s against Essendon and yet only kicked 5 goals for the whole game. Reid must start in the forward line because he'll be able to free up Cloke and Elliott significantly. Lachie Keefe returning is a no-brainer after being surprisingly dropped for the Essendon game. He did play poorly against the Crows back in round 9 but I hope he redeems himself today. Fantastic to see Elliott back in the side as well, we really missed his presence in our last two games. The inclusion of Kyle Martin is refreshing and deserving to say the least. I can't wait to see how he performs today and good to see Tim Broomhead given another opportunity to stamp his authority in the side.

When it comes to our exclusions in some way I'm almost happy to hear that Swan's decline has been a result of poor form through injury as opposed to just getting older, losing motivation and losing his pace which has been evident this year in his inability to break open from the centre with pace or from stoppages. Now this truly means that this injury can explain his average form this year. It's a relief that an injury has hampered the great man as opposed to something else all together. About time the club rests him up as opposed to continually playing him where his contribution is minimal. This should have happened a while ago and the club will claim he got hurt against Essendon, but it's pretty obvious that he's had persistent injury issues this year. In regards to the other exclusions, pity Luke Ball goes out but I think Adams can fill that void as being the in-and-under player for us and Toovey is a big loss as well.

The Crows forward line will stretch us but so a lot is riding on Frost and Keefe to play well today and potentially someone like Goldsack and Reid may need to go down back to counter their forwards, especially with Toovey out of the side now. Marley or Seedsman need to take on Eddie Betts as no other defender in our side can match him for leg speed. I remember Marley doing a stunning job on Eddie last year against Carlton so I have faith he can beat him again today. Losing Scott Thompson will hurt the Crows so we need to make the most of our opportunities to win the midfield battle. My guess is Macaffer will tag Dangerfield.

It's going to be a good contest and I have a good feeling we'll win this one by a couple of goals today and the Crows are a very inconsistent side with a poor record at the MCG in recent times. I'm feeling good about our chances. We've received plenty of criticism in the Herald Sun today, I'm sure our players are eager to redeem themselves after an insipid performance two weeks ago and we have some fresh faces in the side today.

I will be there despite the poor timeslot.

GO PIES!!! Very Happy

On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Just to make us all happy - BK the sub!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Oh man, what does he have to do? Surely there are better candidates.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Unbeblairable that kennedy is the sub yet again while bland gets to keep
his seemingly safe no matter what place in the 21 when he should have been
dropped.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22   

Jump to: