Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Toughen up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
There are some posters getting my point (thanks Think Positive and others ) and some just Missing it completely. I’m not arguing about if we would win or lose this week. I’m talking about being in the position to find out. So many on here seem to be resigned to the fact we would have lost the GF this Saturday if we win last Saturday. Well I’m Here to tell you it’s not a fact. We’ll never know. Doesn’t that sting? I hate losing GF’s. But Losing PF’s sucks More because they deprive you of the chance of being premiers.

Happy to debate with anyone but please read my OP first and then have a crack.

Oh got ya. Yep, we would have been a chance against the Tigers. We were a chance against GWS. Coulda, shoulda... there's no point worrying about what ifs. We weren't good enough to beat GWS and that's where the story ends. On to next season...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:21 am

tbaker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look towards next year. I am. we weren't good enough to make it, accept it and move on. Idea

Sounds like you're not ready to move on - I mean, responding to every post that dare suggested it's better to have a chance (however small) of winning a GF rather than not be in the GF at all (and hence 0% chance)...

Wrong on all counts, im moving on, just saying we are deluding ourselves if we think the side that lost to GWS could beat the tigers in the GF. I accept we would not have been able to, so why moan about the fact we cant get a chance to, clearly we were NOT good enough to make the GF. so move on. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 am

Seriously mate look I get we are all passionate and emotional especially now but some arguments to me are just nonsense.

You state that we should just move on, yet you started a thread here asking if we really wanted to face richmond this week had we won. Really? So by that reckoning had we won you would have been disappointed about the prospect of playing in a Grand Final. Pardon me if that doesn’t sound like the perfect response is ‘grow a pair’.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:30 am

Gutted because we would have beaten Richmond this weekend and only have ourselves to blame for folding in the third quarter after the Pendlebury goal was disallowed. Despite the clearance differential against the Giants, we had their measure and were basically cruising until that lapse in the third quarter. How anybody can criticise the team given we produced one of greatest preliminary final fight backs in the history of the game in the last quarter is beyond me. The AFL got what they wanted. They got their baby into the GF. As for me I have little interest in watching it next weekend. I’d rather watch Storm play.

I don’t care what people say. The club has a very bright future next year and beyond. We definitely need a big bodied forward who can take the pressure off Mihocek. Everywhere else we’re covered. People just want to write off players who had bad finals, Callum Brown for one. He’ll be be back next year, a much better player for the experience of playing finals. Others as well.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am

AnthonyC wrote:
Seriously mate look I get we are all passionate and emotional especially now but some arguments to me are just nonsense.

You state that we should just move on, yet you started a thread here asking if we really wanted to face richmond this week had we won. Really? So by that reckoning had we won you would have been disappointed about the prospect of playing in a Grand Final. Pardon me if that doesn’t sound like the perfect response is ‘grow a pair’.

NO mate, I started that thread a few days ago now, I was just curious to see what others thought, and I got a lot of responses. I just wanted to know if others felt we would not have beaten the tigers, NOT with that side we fielded v the Giants, a side that lacked key players, and a forward line that did zilch all day, and very average mids. Tigers would have been licking their lips. I have moved on, this will be my last comment here. Smile

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Gutted because we would have beaten Richmond this weekend and only have ourselves to blame for folding in the third quarter after the Pendlebury goal was disallowed. Despite the clearance differential against the Giants, we had their measure and were basically cruising until that lapse in the third quarter. How anybody can criticise the team given we produced one of greatest preliminary final fight backs in the history of the game in the last quarter is beyond me. The AFL got what they wanted. They got their baby into the GF. As for me I have little interest in watching it next weekend. I’d rather watch Storm play.

I don’t care what people say. The club has a very bright future next year and beyond. We definitely need a big bodied forward who can take the pressure off Mihocek. Everywhere else we’re covered. People just want to write off players who had bad finals, Callum Brown for one. He’ll be be back next year, a much better player for the experience of playing finals. Others as well.

Great post M B F C ( although I’m not quite as convinced we would have accounted for the Tigers as you are )
It’s really disappointing to see the number of posters who have gone after particular players on the back of one finals loss. These are the same players who got us there in the first place and I guarantee they are all feeling it a lot worse than we are.
Considering our ongoing injuries and perennial distractions, I reckon we’ve had a pretty decent crack.
Time to move on and plan for 2020. It’s not like we’re that far off it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:55 pm

What the last thing tickle me Elmo gets before leaving the factory?

Two test tickles!

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm

I can only speak for myself, I (like some others on here) will leave it to others to put forward thier point of view....

For mine, we just were not good enough, indeed we have been below par all year. Would that have changed had we made the granny? Maybe ( i personally didn't like our chances). For the reason...

Since the year 2000 we have played in 5 (6 really) grand finals and we have won 1...and even that we did our best to almost lose in the draw.

We need all our stars on the day. We also need our opposition to be worn down....For mine Richmond look primed to tear apart whom ever they face...They timed thier playing form well and injuries in the second part of the season have helped. Our form and scores in the finals were really poor.

Like i say i can only speak for me...but i think we will look back sundsy morning with a sigh of relief....and hey if GWS does win...well we were beaten by a side who were just too damm good for us to handle....i can live with that...it's sport.

2019 is done, we can't change it. Lets focus on 2020

Last edited by derkd on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm

think positive wrote:
What the last thing tickle me Elmo gets before leaving the factory?

Two test tickles!

Not bad T P but if you really want to make us all laugh, start a trade Grundy poll.
..... Oh wait 😉
toovmeister 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look towards next year. I am. we weren't good enough to make it, accept it and move on. Idea

Sounds like you're not ready to move on - I mean, responding to every post that dare suggested it's better to have a chance (however small) of winning a GF rather than not be in the GF at all (and hence 0% chance)...

Wrong on all counts, im moving on, just saying we are deluding ourselves if we think the side that lost to GWS could beat the tigers in the GF. I accept we would not have been able to, so why moan about the fact we cant get a chance to, clearly we were NOT good enough to make the GF. so move on. Surprised

How about 2018 - was the side that won the semi final in a scrappy game by under 2 goals good enough to be a chance against, let alone destroy, richmond in the prelim? Anything could have happened in the GF this year. We will never know how we would have gone, because we wasted the chance to get there. What we do know is that the pies possession game stacks up very well against the tiges when we have a decent level of personnel on the field. Anyone who says we would have had no chance this week is just trying to make themselves feel better about not being there. It should sting like hell that we are not playing for a flag in 3 days

And until we find ourselves a decent key forward, we will continue to find ourselves in tight tussles like last saturday. Missing tom lynch pre season was huge. Just huge. Cox is just not the answer. With a more viable big target, we can still have a crack in the next few years. Without, we can still be around the mark but it's going to be tough to get over the line.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:34 pm

toovmeister wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

How about 2018 - was the side that won the semi final in a scrappy game by under 2 goals good enough to be a chance against, let alone destroy, richmond in the prelim? Anything could have happened in the GF this year. We will never know how we would have gone, because we wasted the chance to get there. What we do know is that the pies possession game stacks up very well against the tiges when we have a decent level of personnel on the field. Anyone who says we would have had no chance this week is just trying to make themselves feel better about not being there. It should sting like hell that we are not playing for a flag in 3 days

And until we find ourselves a decent key forward, we will continue to find ourselves in tight tussles like last saturday. Missing tom lynch pre season was huge. Just huge. Cox is just not the answer. With a more viable big target, we can still have a crack in the next few years. Without, we can still be around the mark but it's going to be tough to get over the line.

The Tigers got Lynch and he would kick five against us in the GF, while Mihochek and WHE. who has not played well in ages would be flat out getting two between them. De Goey on one leg, no Greenwood, Noble overawed, Reid cooked, face it, its a train wreck waiting to happen. We played one good qtr v GWS, one, u cant do that in Finals, we don't deseve to be there, that's it, accept it, and move on, I have. Idea

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Just checking in on this thread again and it seems some just don’t get the premise of the OP... still!! You’re missing out on a great GF week when you’re not playing. Don’t argue why we wouldn’t have won this week based on last week Piesnchess. You’ll never know. anything could happen. Martin, Lynch and Prestia could go down in the first 10 minutes this week and suddenly it’s there for GWS, not us. Whatever happens it’s GWS that can win. NOT US. Your other threads prove that you are a pessimist and never gave us a chance anyway.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Damien wrote:
Just checking in on this thread again and it seems some just don’t get the premise of the OP... still!! You’re missing out on a great GF week when you’re not playing. Don’t argue why we wouldn’t have won this week based on last week Piesnchess. You’ll never know. anything could happen. Martin, Lynch and Prestia could go down in the first 10 minutes this week and suddenly it’s there for GWS, not us. Whatever happens it’s GWS that can win. NOT US. Your other threads prove that you are a pessimist and never gave us a chance anyway.

oh I believe u mate, oh yes, and in other news, next week the Beatles are re forming at Abbey rd studios, to record a new album, with john and George back on guitars. Rolling Eyes

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I have moved on, this will be my last comment here. Smile

You were saying?

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Damien wrote:

oh I believe u mate, oh yes, and in other news, next week the Beatles are re forming at Abbey rd studios, to record a new album, with john and George back on guitars. Rolling Eyes

I can only conclude that pnc is curled up in the foetal position, thumb in mouth, eyes closed, saying "think of a happy place"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: