Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where are we at?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I really wish ... This is my dream.

"To dream, the impossible Dream...". Laughing Laughing

You're right though I reckon. ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:24 am

^ Might need to play this in the club rooms before next week's game K!!!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:26 am

The following song expresses my feelings right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4HjTH_fTM
It is a long and winding road to the Premiership, don't leave me waiting here

Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:36 am

We still had our best 5 or 6 players on the park. Stop with the excuses. We were deplorable with effort.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:52 am

Skids wrote:
What a lot of incomprehensible crap you put together there!

We are severely undermanned, and, to be honest, I thought the boys out there tonight had a fair dinkum go.

Take 10 out of any first 22, of any team, and see how they go!

Go copy, paste and put your bullshit in your scrapbook!

Wanka

You're reinforcing INXS88's point.

By carrying the perpetually injured and having stupid players like Murray, Jaidyn and Beams is why we are missing 10 players out of 22.

The other issue we have is the lack of indigenous players. Rather than recruit them through the draft we're picking up has-beens and washed up players (Wells and Varcoe). Who was our last indigenous draftee?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:18 am

Jezza wrote:
I don't think we need to undergo a major rebuild to be a strong side in the near future. We went through a major rebuild from 2012-2016, so most of the players we drafted from those years should be the cornerstone of our team now and I don't think we need to go through that again this soon.

Though, I do believe some tough decisions need to be made with respect to some of the older players. We cannot be afraid to make some tough but necessary calls for the betterment of the club.

The following players positions at the club are under threat:
- Daniel Wells (34 years old - final year of contract)
- Jamie Elliott (27 years old - haven't got enough out of him this year, and how long can we keep persisting with him?)
- Tyson Goldsack (32 years old - great servant but he's fallen out of favour with the selection committee).
- Lynden Dunn (32 years old - two knee reconstructions, but does provide leadership)
- Travis Varcoe (31 years old - too slow for the modern game)
- Ben Reid (30 years old - great servant, but too injury prone)
- Josh Daicos (20 years old - third season and hasn't progressed much this year).
- Rupert Wills (26 years old - fourth year player and not a regular)
- Ben Crocker (22 years old - has a go, but he's not AFL standard)
- Tim Broomhead (25 years old - lucky to still be on an AFL list)

I'm sure there are others I've forgotten, but some big calls need to be made. A major rebuild isn't essential, but replenishing the list and the injection of younger players in the mould of 23-26 year olds to lower our age profile is necessary.

A pin point pass from a grab from Josh Daicos which hit Sidebottom on the chest 45 yards away indicates to me that Josh Daicos has a future, but it doesn’t help when you regularly play in a VFL side being thrashed every week. All the others in my humble opinion don’t have a future but if that is the case the club will be acknowledging the contribution they made to the team. Sometimes things don’t work out, as is the case of Wells who was worth the risk recruiting, but fate intervened.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:47 am

^^^
Daicos is a good kick.
But his form in the VFL has been ordinary.
Weak body and not that fast.
Worth persisting with but he needs to improve
in a number of areas.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:58 am

Skids wrote:
What a lot of incomprehensible crap you put together there!

We are severely undermanned, and, to be honest, I thought the boys out there tonight had a fair dinkum go.

Take 10 out of any first 22, of any team, and see how they go!

Go copy, paste and put your bullshit in your scrapbook!

Wanka

I posed a question! Do we reload or rebuild, injuries are our nemesis and we are missing some of our best but we never seem to be able to get our best on the paddock together.

Wanka is offensive @*%# for brains the opinion offered was about the decision the club has to make because when we review at the end of the year, particularly with the number of retirements we are likely to have, it seems a valid question.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:04 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
listening to a few panic merchants here you’d be confused into thinking we should just pack it in and start again. So explain to why we should delist Murphy who hasn’t played a game all year and the two Irishmen who are having their first go at Aussie rules.

I suggested delisting Murphy because I don't believe he make it, but that's my opinion.

The Irish lads are listed in a group that have question marks over them because we simply can't say at this point whether they are part of the clubs future or not!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:23 am

Murphy, when he was fit in the VFL early last year, looked like he has the potential to be a 200+ game defender. I'm not saying he'll even make it but he has class, speed and courage, all in large measure and could be a top player. His 2019 has been ruined by injury. He is not the only Collingwood defender who has suffered from that difficulty in the last decade, though, is he?

After we delist Reid, Scharenberg and Dunn, we'll have have two reasonable tall defenders hopefully on the park in their late careers (Howe and Roughead), two good players on injured reserve (Moore and Langdon), Appleby and Madgen (neither of whom is up to the standard) and Murphy and Kelly, who must be developed.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 am

[quote="Pies4shaw"]After we delist Reid, Scharenberg and Dunn, /quote]

Good points about reasons to hold on to Murphy in the hope that he makes it.

No-one suggested delisting Scharenberg! Only a possible trade after all the usual rumours, and that as a possibility if we went down a rebuild path.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

We will eventually delist Scharenberg - he isn't quick enough to play AFL and he isn't big enough to be that slow. He may once have been just about fast enough (although I did not think so when I watched him in the VFL before he did his knee the first time) but he is certainly not, now. That, of course, is why he was dropped a couple of weeks back. He was only brought back in last night because the Club had basically no-one else to pick as a tall-ish defender. If he hadn't been taken so high in the draft, the Club would have parted ways with him long ago.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:30 am

More importantly, where were we at before Stephenson and Beams bit us in the arse? Sitting pretty at #2, looking like a united team, and winning games. Add Grundy's speculation (which reminds me of the Travis Cloke fiasco), key injuries and changes to cover them every week... it's not surprising the wheels fell off. If we had Adams and Sier available and fit, I guarantee Pendles would have had a week or two off for his finger too.

Richmond were a rabble a couple of weeks ago. Geelong has been hit and miss since the bye. It's not too late to turn things around, but obviously, with the Big Three issues (Stephenson, Beams, Grundy), there's something amiss mentally.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:28 pm

Put a line through this year. We will limp into an elimination final either against the Giants or Brisbane interstate. Bucks will get a tick for making finals we will go into preseason believing we are close then get a shot load of soft tissue injuries in 2020.

We had a massive chance last year and let it slip thinking it will just come around again because of natural progression. But those average players that had above average season in 2018 are back to average or worse throw in Beams and Stevo’s issues it’s knocked the stuffing completely out.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Maybe it’s time to reveiw the review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: