Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are where we are, it is what it is.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Redlight wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
More excuse threads per week than wins per year

Don't threat too much Carringbush, their moment of truth is drawing closer everyday.

Interesting use of the word 'their'.

One certainly gets the impression that saying 'I told you so' would make you much happier than the Pies winning.

Make NO mistake, the Sackers would love too see us lose too the Bluescum this week, they get a rise outa it,and jump handsprings of joy, they do get more satisfaction from defeat than victory, and have proved it time and time again. Rolling Eyes Mad

If we lose of Saturday the Internet as we know it will go into melt down
Me personally I will just curl up in the corner start sucking my thumb and humming lullabies
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm more concerned about the quality of our youth, not their age or experience level. I doubt the group's potential is good enough. I'd say most of us would feel the same way.

MONCO: Your life.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:00 pm

derkd wrote:
We may well come good and become a great side

No, not unless supporters have the patience to see it through, actually acknowledge the intangibles not under Buck's control and (most definitely with some "Collingwood posters" here) not be eternally hoping for a loss to support their claims and when we win (such as against the bummers) minimise it as much as humanly possible. Unbelievable that this type of crap happens on a Collingwood forum but such is life and footy I guess. You get the good, the bad and the damn ugly.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Make NO mistake, the Sackers would love too see us lose too the Bluescum this week, they get a rise outa it,and jump handsprings of joy, they do get more satisfaction from defeat than victory, and have proved it time and time again. Rolling Eyes Mad

You are absolutely right but they will ALL totally bloody deny this to be the case Piesnchess! And these are the very same posters who say that WE are in denial... Shocked Bah humbug. A pack of bullshit artists masquerading as genuine Collingwood supporters on Nick’s. Yeah right...... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I'm more concerned about the quality of our youth, not their age or experience level. I doubt the group's potential is good enough. I'd say most of us would feel the same way.

We got our rebuild wrong.

List currently has a lot of flaws. No crumbling goal sneak with X Factor (Elliot is not a crumbling type).

No KPF and depth to support Moore (Cloke is almost cooked).

A lack of elite ball users from the HB line (Scharenberg is the only elite kick and the jury is out with his knees).

A bad as we are going now, we may be not at our lowest point.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Our age profile and games profile clearly put us in the development stage.
We haven't gone out and recruited 200 game players like north or the Hawks have done.
People can say oh look at GWS but the circumstances are completely different
GWS have 28 top 20 picks on there list and have had the opportunity to play for 3 to 4 seasons together. They added players like Griffin Shaw Mumford Ward & Johnson to the kids just to balance the mix out
The majority of our younger players have had 1 to 2 season max together and are still feeling there way
Bucks isn't without fault in our current situation as our skill level game plan/style and structures are below standard. But we are yet to field our best 22 on the same field this season. We have now used 38 players 4 more than the GC Suns who commentators say have had a horrific run of injuries
We are playing our 3rd first games in 3 weeks
This week 8 players take the field with less than 25 games experience and our average is 23.9yrs
We need to be realistic
I'm as disappointed as anyone especially after the preseason where we showed a style I thought would hold us in good stead.
Whether Bucks is the right coach can be debated forever and by seasons end he will either by retained or gone and all the speculation and slagging off on here won't make a lick of difference in that process
The saddies will be oh excuses excuses but there is no hiding the facts
We are young and developing the only not certain thing is who will coach them beyond 2016
roar 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Phuck, this site has become unbearable.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:06 pm

roar wrote:

sadly, yes.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:10 pm

John Wren wrote:
roar wrote:

sadly, yes.

Because this club has been suspended in a 'state of flux' for the last few years.. until that changes, then how can this...???
John West 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
roar wrote:

sadly, yes.

Because this club has been suspended in a 'state of flux' for the last few years.. until that changes, then how can this...???

I have been watching and reading intently every post you (and everyone else) have made in the last 24 hours. You have not added anything of relevance to the football discussions. If you claim to be nearly as old as Piesnchess you certainly do not act like it. One could easily be forgiven for thinking you were much younger. The moderators need to act on your immature behaviour. You need to grow up and act your age.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:25 pm

John West wrote:
John Wren wrote:
roar wrote:

sadly, yes.

I have been watching and reading intently every post you (and everyone else) have made in the last 24 hours. You have not added anything of relevance to the football discussions. If you claim to be nearly as old as Piesnchess you certainly do not act like it. One could easily be forgiven for thinking you were much younger. The moderators need to act on your immature behaviour. You need to grow up and act your age.

John. Its very simple, if you don't like what I post or you don't think there is any intellectual value to what I'm writing... the ignore button isn't very far away.

I don't have to justify _anything_ I write here to you John. I could write more but again I digress...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:26 pm

The way I see it, we've had serious injury/form issues with players in the 3 key areas.

Defence: Losing Ramsay, Williams, Sinclair and now Langdon has robbed us of a stable backline.

Midfield: Pendles has played most of the year injured, and we have missed key games from Adams, Sidebottom and Varcoe. Sadly, Greenwood has been a disappointment - he tackles well but simply does get enough of the pill.

Forward: Cloke's form slump (now in it's 3rd year) has made us overly reliant on the young Darcy Moore and now on the new boy in Cox.

These are all significant issues which have resulted in poorer performances than would have been expected at the beginning of the season. Hopefully, as we begin to get players back, we'll find some form and confidence.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:

No, not unless supporters have the patience to see it through, actually acknowledge the intangibles not under Buck's control and (most definitely with some "Collingwood posters" here) not be eternally hoping for a loss to support their claims and when we win (such as against the bummers) minimise it as much as humanly possible. Unbelievable that this type of crap happens on a Collingwood forum but such is life and footy I guess. You get the good, the bad and the damn ugly.

I have no issue with what your saying Lazza, and i still have no issue with giving Bucks more time. But at some point that time has to translate into something (if i may try and put a more eloquent spin on some posters words). Otherwise to take your argument of "patience" to its logical conclusion would mean Tony Shaw would still be coach Laughing Laughing Laughing

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:

I have no issue with what your saying Lazza, and i still have no issue with giving Bucks more time. But at some point that time has to translate into something (if i may try and put a more eloquent spin on some posters words). Otherwise to take your argument of "patience" to its logical conclusion would mean Tony Shaw would still be coach Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: