Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick cribbs & Macarthy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cripps had missed his last years of footy, I wonder how good he would be right now.
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
This doesn't require a weekly thread. Until Freeman and Scharenberg play there's nothing on which to update our views.

As before, I'm happy with our picks. I'd take both Scharenberg and Freeman ahead of Cripps. McCarthy has looked pretty good so far but has not really been tested and has not yet shown much contested marking ability. At the time of the draft we actually needed mids more than talls.

You can't predict injuries. McCarthy and Cripps had just as much chance of being injured as Scharenberg or Freeman (though Matt did have pre-existing issues). They still may be.

Love your passion, but that's a big statement AN_Inkling. Right now, Patrick Cripps is the best youngster - on exposed form - in the land. An inside/outside mid influencing games off his own boot...in Carlscum's only two wins of the year, he's been clear best on ground. To have Scharenberg ahead of him is ambitious. To have Freeman ahead of him is fanciful. I can however see both our players hopefully outperforming McCarthy. Scharenberg's going to be a special player and needs to be re-signed as a priority. I see Freeman as being a potentially better option than the less physical Paul Seedsman on a wing, if he can get/stay on the bloody park. Fingers crossed that we get to see both these guys debut soon. The reality is that by the end of the season, other draftees from the same pool (eg. Tom Langdon) will have already played 40 senior games more...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:48 pm

John Wren wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
Oh yeah Cripps...

Fact is we can't really judge these picks yet because of there injury set backs.. But the point is valid when we went down the mini rebiuld path & got 2 top 10 picks we really need to nail them like we did in 2005 & 2006 with Thomas pendels brown & reid.. We got all them right and then went on to win a flag..

If we are to take the next step in 2016-2019 then these 2 picks need to work out.

If they don't it will cost us dearly & possibly a flag chance

at the moment, they haven't cost us anything. if, heaven forbid, we don't get much value from them we are no worse off. on the other hand ...

Though you hate to Waste Top 10 Picks

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:49 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
Sharenberg has shown a great ability to read the play & has elite kicking skills.. He has come off a knee/foot injuries so he is expected to be rusty. He hasn't done anything of note in the vfl but last week he was ok. Best game he played.

Freeman has done absolutely nothing in his limited vfl games & is diaposal has been ordinary

Out of the 2 I would say freeman is the big concern. Sharenberg need to sign up & he may be heading back to SA.

Though we found out that Freeman has not been 100% fit during the VFL Season

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
Sharenberg has shown a great ability to read the play & has elite kicking skills.. He has come off a knee/foot injuries so he is expected to be rusty. He hasn't done anything of note in the vfl but last week he was ok. Best game he played.

Freeman has done absolutely nothing in his limited vfl games & is diaposal has been ordinary

Out of the 2 I would say freeman is the big concern. Sharenberg need to sign up & he may be heading back to SA.

It's interesting you say he's an elite kick. I've watched him plying in the VFL a few times and his kicking seems rather ordinary. He tends to sky the ball somewhat, rather than kick long and low. I've made allowances for him, given his injury record, but honestly I haven't witnessed any elite kicking from him. I hope I'm wrong about him, because I was very excited when we drafted him, but now I'm a bit concerned.

Yeah, for mine it's his composure, reading of the play and intercept work, and capacity to find time and space that stands out. Kicking appears to be improving though. Was he a 1 sided player before the injury or is he just not yet comfortable kicking on the left?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: