Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hird and Bucks, media views em differently, why ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, it was portrayed like that for some time, but I think the media hype about Buckley is slowly gaining momentum, he spoken about it better terms than he has been at any stage in his career.

If/when we finally become a top tier team again, they will be pissing in his pocket no end.

Hird, I don't know why he bothers, his position is clearly untenable. He will be gone at years end, never to coach again.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:31 am

I was listening to Robert Shaw and Finey on SEN yesterday and they said that they've spoken to Joe Daniher and Brett Stanton off air and while both said Hird was supported by the players they also said Bomber was a better game day coach. If Essendon continue to play like they did on the weekend and go into complete free fall I wouldn't be surprised if Bomber was coach again next year. I wonder if there're any other Bomber players ready to do a Ryder and jump ship? If so, I expect the Pies will be doing their due diligence. Should we be looking at Heppell?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:57 am

Hird is an arrogant arsehole who should have been disposed of after embroiling that club of his in that dirty drugs scandal. He does not deserve to be anywhere near a coaches box and how and why he still is is beyond me. #standbyhird shows how dumb and idiotic their supporters are too. Their membership money paid for him to go galavanting around the south of France to work on his sun tan and they still show up in droves to support and stand by him. Unbelievable.

They also shafted bomber big time. So when we see these muppets fall in a heap whose going to be there to pick up the pieces. Not him surely. Unless he's actually waiting for the poo to hit the fan.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Most Dons fans continue to live in denial, going by yesterday footy talkback. Most said the ASADA thing has finally caught up with the players, giving Golden boy a big excuse yet again ! Dumbshit Darcy and Richo agreed, not one caller mentioned the fact, that under Thompson, a premiership coach, they had all that drug stuff on them last season, yet made the Finals ! Dons fans just cant get real, live in denial, and think the Golden Boy is untouchable, just wonder how many more bad losses before the penny drops, Hird Turd is a crummy coach ?!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Now SEN are reporting that clubs are sniffing around Jake Carisle because he's got the hump about not playing in the back line and might want out. I think Hird might be the media's new Malthouse. If Hird gets the bullett and leaves the game in disgrace the only thing he'll be qualified to do is work alongside Wayne Carey and Campbell Brown in the media. Laughing
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:11 pm

loki04 wrote:

If any player is criminally underrated it is one Nathan Charles Buckley.

Well said!

As for Hird. He is toast after that pathetic effort last Saturday night.

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
giving Golden boy a big excuse yet again

Hey! There was only one Golden Boy and his name was Golden Gordon Coventry. Very Happy

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:39 pm

The "golden boy" still thinks they can play finals this year! Laughing

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-believes-essendon-can-still-play-finals-despite-disappointing-form/story-fni5f6kv-1227410809581

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Thats funny Essendumb are gone.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Jezza wrote:
The "golden boy" still thinks they can play finals this year! Laughing

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-believes-essendon-can-still-play-finals-despite-disappointing-form/story-fni5f6kv-1227410809581

THE Chosen One, the Golden Child, the Golden Boy, is even thus more deluded than his own fans are. Razz Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

You cite Robbo and Connolly - both Bombers supporters.

I think you've dreamt up a bit of a conspiracy here. I think the media is relatively supportive of Buckley as things sit. He makes readily himself available to the media and has taken bold actions with the list. I heard someone the other night acknowledge Ross Lyon for the Freo ladder position but stated that Adam Simpson and Nathan Buckley had done the best job considering pre-season expectations and where their teams now sit on the ladder.

There is also a degree to which the media bet against Collingwood performing as well this year. Collingwood sells papers. They figured they could bet negatively, write about it and build upon it if we started poorly. Public, by contrast, was tired of the ASADA issue with Essendon, so they've spent less time writing about it.

I too believe that Bucks is being widely recognised positively by the public, many of whom may have derided him as a player for Collingwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: