Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report Monday 21st January

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lad, like others I love your work.

Just wondering if you could give an update on two youngsters who I hope can step it up on their impressive first season's in 2012; Ben Sinclair and young Billy Elliot.

They both ran out of puff towards the end of last season which was to be expected due to first season syndrome, however with a year under their belts hoping for bigger and better things. How are they travelling on the track?

Also, though I expect to see first team action during the year for Witts, Kennedy and JT, it'd be unlikely to see them standing up in September, don't you think?

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:

Just wondering if you could give an update on two youngsters who I hope can step it up on their impressive first season's in 2012; Ben Sinclair and young Billy Elliot.

They both ran out of puff towards the end of last season which was to be expected due to first season syndrome, however with a year under their belts hoping for bigger and better things. How are they travelling on the track?

Also, though I expect to see first team action during the year for Witts, Kennedy and JT, it'd be unlikely to see them standing up in September, don't you think?

Thank you Mr Black and White.

Sinclair played off both half back and half forward flank in match simulation today. His run was very noticeable. Like Seedsman, he appears to have built himself up by a fair bit. Trained really impressively.

Elliott has a junior 'sleeve' happening but again, displayed his trademark sold grabs and precise disposal. At one stage he was run through the midfield and found a bit of it.

I have no upper limits for Witts, Kennedy or JT. Of the three, JT looked by far the best on track today, but the others were excellent as well.

The diversity on Nicks will tell you a lot of players may get there chance. Much comes down to opportunity and form and luck with injury.

Like many, I rejoice in the reality that we are developing and enhancing a squad that includes many fine young players.

The question remains, if Lynch Young Russell Ball and Keefe come in, who goes out. Glad I'm just a humble man with his opinion and not Chairman of Selectors!!

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:41 pm

warburton lad wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:

Thank you Mr Black and White.

Sinclair played off both half back and half forward flank in match simulation today. His run was very noticeable. Like Seedsman, he appears to have built himself up by a fair bit. Trained really impressively.

Elliott has a junior 'sleeve' happening but again, displayed his trademark sold grabs and precise disposal. At one stage he was run through the midfield and found a bit of it.

I have no upper limits for Witts, Kennedy or JT. Of the three, JT looked by far the best on track today, but the others were excellent as well.

The diversity on Nicks will tell you a lot of players may get there chance. Much comes down to opportunity and form and luck with injury.

Like many, I rejoice in the reality that we are developing and enhancing a squad that includes many fine young players.

The question remains, if Lynch Young Russell Ball and Keefe come in, who goes out. Glad I'm just a humble man with his opinion and not Chairman of Selectors!!

Thanks for the prompt reply Lad.

Yes, our depth is looking seriously impressive. 31 players on our seniors list who are ready to play, plus Hudson, Mooney and even Yagmoor has debuted.

Throw in Witts, Grundy, Kennedy and JT who are looking ready to play; we bat deep!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 pm

We'd be lost without your exemplary reports Laddy.

They are thoughtful, considered, insightful, and always inspirational. Take a bow WB.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:05 am

RudeBoy wrote:
We'd be lost without your exemplary reports Laddy.

They are thoughtful, considered, insightful, and always inspirational. Take a bow WB.

Thank you Mr Rude Boy.

I enjoy writing stuff for Nicks. I really enjoy the pictures of training that others load up and the small You Tube clips that the Club is now doing.

I remember when we were dirt poor country folk and we couldn't afford to drive down for matches too much, let alone training. We hung on every word we could read in The Sun or The Age to keep in touch with our beloved Magpies.

If I can inform even one Magpie brother or sister with my reports, I am happy.

Maxwell86 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 am

Mr Lad,

I am having real trouble distinguishing between Billy Elliott and JT. Did you see them on the same paddock or are they really the same person?

BTW, how did Heaters headband perform?

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am

Maxwell86 wrote:
Mr Lad,

I am having real trouble distinguishing between Billy Elliott and JT. Did you see them on the same paddock or are they really the same person?

BTW, how did Heaters headband perform?

Thank you Mr Maxwell86.

Yes, they could be doppelgänger a, JT and Elliott. The sleeve that Elliott now has makes it a little easier ,and I think that JT will be a more regular fixture than maybe Elliott this year.

Consider the competition that JT has for midfield role: Swan, Pendles, Ball, Beams, Sidebottom, Blair, Seedsman, Thomas.

Consider the small forward competition that Elliott has; Didak, Krakouer, Sinclair, Kennedy,

Who would be a selector??

Heath Shaw is a different cat. The white headband and the long white socks are a sight, that's for sure. From what I saw yesterday, he either uses Sards Wonder Soap or Preen or a high quality bleach to keep it snowy white.

Floreat Pica

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

warburton lad wrote:
loki04 wrote:
Thank you Mr.Warburton lad if I could i would vote you poster of the year for your great training reports.

How did JT go in terms of getting his hands on the pill vs Pendles at the clearences?

Thank you Mr loki04' there are many outstanding posters on Nicks.

JT was far from disgraced against the 2013 Brownlow Medallist. Jolly gave Swan and Blair and Pendles good service and it appeared that JT was in a nullifying role on Pendles at ball ups. He did this adequately by sitting just off the contest between Pendles and the Black team goals.

At one break in play, Harvey and Bucks were in discussion with JT, it appeared to be about optimising position at the bounce. Shawry and Maxy were very vocal in their support of him during the simulations.

When the Grey Team rebounded off half back, JT pushed hard forward using good skills to link up with forwards like Oxley who was the beneficiary of several excellent passes.

The thing that is most noticeable about JT in 2013 is his capacity to run through the lines to impact contests. A body that he can finally trust must be a blessing for this lad.

I trust that answers your question.

Yes, excellent thanks again.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 am

Lad, we are lucky to have you.
Any word on Grundy's groin problem?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks Lad, great read and greatly appreciated
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

Harrysz wrote:
Lad, we are lucky to have you.
Any word on Grundy's groin problem?

Thank you Harrysz. On the contrary, as Pies 08 often tells me, I am lucky to have found a site with like-minded individuals.

I'm no body-language expert but, as Grundy walked lap after lap with Ben Richmond yesterday, he looked very disconsolate.

This kid could be a ten to twelve year Magpie and II would bet they will take a very conservative path with him.

He walked past me numerous times yesterday. He is an imposing unit for one so young. Ben Richmond already looks bigger and young Gault is filling out nicely. As far as Gault goes, he was a top junior player who was a 188cm midfielder who grew ten centimetres in one year.

Hope that helps.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am

rand corp wrote:
Thanks Lad, great read and greatly appreciated

Thank you Mr Rand Corp.

Always happy to fill in those who, through the tyranny of distance, can't see our boys go through their paces.

Floreat Pica...!!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am

As always thanks Yoda.

I must say your report about Witts gave me a...

chow_yun_fat.jpg

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

great report, thanks Smile
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

swoop42 wrote:
As always thanks Yoda.

I must say your report about Witts gave me a...

Thank you Swoop 42, I think?

My report on Witts gave you a 'Tibetan Monk'???

Forty years in this country and I still misunderstand things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: