Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football Television rights to 7 = Collingwood premiership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Johnson#26"]
spoljar wrote:
We all saw what happened to Fitroy...

Yeah they beat us in 2 grand finals
Jake the Muss Leo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:25 pm

Gee i wonder if that had anything to do with them being taken from melbourne?? Rolling Eyes
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:46 pm

I agree Johnno, I'd hate to lose any of the original teams. Only six of the sixteen AFL teams playing today were there when the VFL began, and 3 of them have had threats to their survival recently. (Of course the Dogs, Hawks & Kangas are only later additions, but I doubt many of us can remember footy without them.)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 pm
Post subject: More Interstate Home & Away Games No WayReply with quote

Look fella, Ed is right on this one. The prospect of less Victorian clubs is more interstate away games for Collingwood, and I for one don't want that. Seven love Sydney and don't deserve another chance to push this barrow again. I say get rid of Sydney. Cut our losses and let them enjoy the great NRL they so love. Stop trying to prop up a rotting carcas for the sake and a bunch of media jet set bludgers and corporate fat guts who would sell their mothers if they could get a good price. Keep footy where loyalty is born and reins: Melbourne.

And by the way: work on your abs mate, they are a disgrace for a collingwood supporter. drink more beer.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:51 am

[quote="that pathetic low-life wanker"]
Johnson#26 wrote:
spoljar wrote:
We all saw what happened to Fitroy...

Yeah they beat us in 2 grand finals

Yeah, with only two Fitzroy players in their line-up. Chris Johnson and Alister Lynch. Rolling Eyes

I can't think of anyone who wanted to see the Roys go other then Ross Oakley.

Its unbelieveable to think that it would be GOOD for the AFL for clubs to bottom out. Rolling Eyes
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:41 pm

Maybe channel 7, 9 and 10 could all share football rights..... I wouldn't be complaining Very Happy We could have a situation where 9 gets the Friday night games, 10 gets saturday and saturday night, with 7 getting the Sunday Afternoon "Brisbane v Fremantle" or "Sydney v Adelaide" games we have to put up with every week up here.....
Gunder 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:00 pm

It's a national game now guys, 10 teams in 1 state is a joke and a shackle around our neck, we subsidize every victorian team smaller than us... and in case you are wondering, thats all of them!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:54 pm

I just read something in the Business section of the Hun today, that I didn't know.

Accoridng to the Hun, Ch7 has FIRST and LAST rights to the bidding. The article says that the AFL must ask Ch7 first whether they want to bid or not, now if Ch7 rejects anything at this stage, it is only then that the AFL are allowed to approach the other networks. That is the bit I didn't know.

Once the AFL receives the offer from rival networks, Ch7 is allowed to trump them because they have the right to make the last bid.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:39 pm

Joel, 7 had that advantage last time as well.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:24 am

that pathetic low-life wanker wrote:
It's a national game now guys, 10 teams in 1 state is a joke and a shackle around our neck, we subsidize every victorian team smaller than us... and in case you are wondering, thats all of them!

Oh ok. That makes it fair enough to cut a few Victorian sides just because they've been around longer and have better histories. Rolling Eyes It is crazy to want other clubs out. More travel for Collingwoodf and plenty of supporters lost to the game. I, for one, know that I may quit football all together if these sides were chopped, and many others would, too.

To please those who want them cut, we may as well have a final 6, so the 6 interstate sides can finish there. Rolling Eyes
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:04 pm

guys u will not like this, but that pathetic low-life wanker may hav a point. THe game is not national. However he is wrong in saying there will be less teams in the afl. The AFL will always consist of 16 teams. However, there will be more teams from interstate undoubtadly at the expense of about 2 melbourne teams.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Dave 86,you have shot yourself in the foot.
the NRL goes Live in all states on a Friday night,it has all the games on a Sunday afternoon and Fox2 have all the NRL games Australia wide every week end and this game is only played in Vic,NSW & Qld,so why should the NRL go national,when its only played in thre states,where as the AFL is played in ALL states and only gets airplay in 1 out of 8 states,so therefore NRL is promoted much better than AFL and AFL is national.
Time for the AFL to full their finger,give back the AFL to Ch7,and for the other two to fight it out themselves.
Out here in rural NSW we are lucky to get anything at all,BUT NRL is all the rage.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:14 pm

peter i dont no how u understood my post, but nuffin wat u said is wat i meant. I didnt say if nrl was better than football or channel 7 should win the rights, i just said i think 2 victorian teams will be moved interstate by the end of 2010. Kangaroos will probably be the first to do so or the bulldogs. I cant see victoria maintaining 10 afl teams when the afl is:

a. feeding interstate teams all the money and additional salary cap benefits.

b. interstate teams are winning whereas victorian teams are loosing.

c. 3 victorian teams are already been financially supported by the afl.

d. channel 7 is sueing the afl and all the clubs and finally

e. Kangaroos do not have enough support or membership to keep themselves afloat.

That is just my opinion, i am not the afl boss, its just what i think will happen. I am not talking about who should hav the coverage rights and how many games should be shown live interstate, i am just looking at the competition practically.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:58 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
guys u will not like this, but that pathetic low-life wanker may hav a point. THe game is not national. However he is wrong in saying there will be less teams in the afl. The AFL will always consist of 16 teams. However, there will be more teams from interstate undoubtadly at the expense of about 2 melbourne teams.

Why (this may sound stupid as well) do Victorian teams have to be the ones under threat? Get rid of Freo, or another interstate side. They have always under performed.
Gunder 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:00 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

Why (this may sound stupid as well) do Victorian teams have to be the ones under threat? Get rid of Freo, or another interstate side. They have always under performed.

16 TEAMS
5 STATES
10 VIC TEAMS?

DO THE MATH PEOPLE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: