Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

IN: SWAN, KINNEAR, COLE OUT: HOLLAND, MCGOUGH, MOLLOY

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt say play molloy for his ability to win the footy.... Molloy should be there to bust a few packs open and in doing so bust a few bombers along the way.....
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:22 pm

Presti really needs to regain match fitness - if he comes back this week Lloyd will (no disrespect) tear him apart. We rushed Clement back against Brisbane and he was underdone. A fit Presti can stop anyone and he will need to be right for the finals.

Kinnear has had plenty of chances but was injured when he was playing OK, so one would think the match committee want at least one last look before deciding his future. Cloke as an emergency sounds like a red herring, but shows some of those Willi kids are close to selection. Gavin Brown said Shackleton would have had a run in the seniors for sure this year if he hadn't been injured - would expect him to debut next year now.

Swan deserves another run and has played pretty well in his last two senior games. MM has repeatedly said you don't get to finals without having at least 30 players in the mix and we've certainly got that. Ain't depth a wonderful thing? - Weed

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:16 am

I have my doubts about Kinnear and Swan playing in such a big game - I'm sure there's a red herring or two around selections and emergencies this week - for both sides!

As for Molly, I don't know how anyone can judge his game so harshly against the Swans when he spent all of 15 minutes on the ground for the whole match (and usually during time-on!). He's never going to play good footy as an impact player coming off the bench - he's just not suited to that role. I think it's a shame that the guy has played nearly every game this year and is being dropped just before the finals - he may not have starred but he has definitely contributed. It would be heartbreaking if he doesn't get another game this year - especially if his football career is coming to an end (which doesn't bare thinking about! Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!).

GO PIES!
Marg
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:17 am

I think Presti will come in for Kinnear, or Swan.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:27 am

I wouldn't expect Kinnear to play, it's too big a game to have him in not being 100% fit. Would they risk Presti this week or leave him out to play next week? Despite Jimmy not having a great game upon his return from injury the following week he was fine so Presti may play just to get back into it. Would be great to see Cam get a game but a first game against essendon?, gotta start somewhere and it's all a learning experience.
I'd expect Kinnear to be late withdrawal with either Presti or Cam (big call I know) in.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:58 am

swan wont play, i can almost bet my life on it i rekon cam cloke is a big chance
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:17 am

maggies2003 wrote:
no presti = more for lloyd.

You're pressing your luck.

Davros 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:27 am

Since when did we let the Martians do the team selection?

In Malthouse-Sheedy speak I ask is now the time to fatten some of the cattle for market and introduced new, unproven breeds - especially those with recent defects having prevented them from taking to the field? It is a battle for second spot, a home final, a double chance and the humiliation of Essendon up for grabs.

It looks like the Martian selectors have forgotten about the importance of having an even distribution of quality livestock capable of interacting with and complementing each other. What happened to the crumbers, the goal sneaks, and a bolstered defence and midfield to help take out the top prize?

Sure the Trojan horse may attack and make room for Prestigiacowmo, but that still leaves an unsettled, inexperienced, mismatch of cattle out on the field. Unless they have been genetically modified I can’t really see a successful outcome.

Just compare the cattle put out to pasture in Williamstown versus those selected for tonight’s Melbourne Showdown. It is pretty scary reading. And it is not as if those in Willi haven’t been performing well either.

Fairly accurate stats from debut to round 21 2003: Games played goals scored

Freeborn 138 69 Cole 22 5
Davis 67 77 Didak 45 57
Richardson 141 83 Kinnear 44 9
Betheras 85 35 Scotland 49 10
Molloy 179 200 Walker 7 1
McGough 25 6 Swan 2 0
Total 635 470 Total 172 82

I hope I am wrong (please prove me wrong) but I think tonight’s stock are ripe for the slaughter. My main concern is not the individual cattle out there but the evenness of the entire herd. It is such the wrong time of the year to be doing this.

Shocked Confused
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:29 am
Post subject: Ins& outsReply with quote

Cool
Does anyone remember a scum player by the name of kevin walsh? Every scum supporter wanted him gone but sheedy perservered and he went on to win a couple of flags. Ben Kinnear is very similar and in time will be a solid player for the Pies.He will play tonite as will presti, hopefuully not on lloyd!! Wakes will pick him up.And Swan will play as he is hard at the ball. I doubt felcher will play tonite. Did anyone see fox footy news on tuesday? He was definitely limping and must be in doubt and stupido won't play either.

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:39 pm

Presti will not play. Cam Cloke will play - unleash him in the finals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: