Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
If he is cleared to play for us, he has missed a whole chunk of pre-season with the team. He wont be on much value to us on-field initially anyway.

Of course he will be getting himself fit for the season, but he is missing the team drills etc under a new coaching regime.

i agree, and it all depends what attitude he comes back with,apologetic and to prove himself, or St Kevins private school entitled brat who has never heard the word no in his life.

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:55 am

E wrote:
#26 wrote:
So adjourned until the 28th of January to give him time to enrol in an anger management course or the like, then if the judge approves of the course that should be the end of it

I'm still a little bit unclear about what actually happened.

two arrogant athletes go out for a night on the town and get hammered. They pay $5k so that they can get a table (otherwise they probably wouldn't have gotten in).

they are good looking athletes in the VIP section, thereby attracting the attention of probably 30 or so young women who like to associate with these types of people and of course get free drinks - we've never heard of THAT before! Girls probably loving it! Just having fun!

Everything going fine until one of the girls has a boyfriend who doesn't like what is going on and so sticks his nose in it. he and his buddy come over to play tough guys and the tatt guy loses his shit and fights back. Jordan helps. Becasue athlete and tatt guy much stronger, other two guys (who were the instigators) get roughed up a bit.

Even though they got roughed up, the bouncers protect the athlete and the tatt guy (because they were in the VIP area) and kick out the two other guys.

Turns out they are a little bit influential in the club scene (or maybe just have really good jobs) so they get cops to press charges by spinning a story. initially of sexual assault.

Charges slowly getting reduced to the "naughty boy slap on wrist" punishment.

What other fact pattern could their possibly be????

Thanks for that. Explains why the story has changed a few times.

The first report I heard was when the media were saying JDG sexually harassed a women and then beat up her male companion who remonstrated with him about it.

Then I heard JDG and his mate were in a roped off VIP area and got into an altercation with a woman who was trying to steal their drinks, then got into a fight with her male friend who intervened.
AJ 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am

JDG is still now able to train with the club? When will they admit they got it wrong.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:28 am

^ it's what I would like to believe....
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:45 am

Updated: Collingwood will not make a call on Jordan De Goey’s future until his case is finalised after the 25-year-old’s New York court case was adjourned again until the end of the month.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 am

peter ryan@petryan·

Expect way will be clear for DeGoey to return to Magpies after January 28 hearing in New York finalises legal matters, however Collingwood won't make call until then.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 am

robevpau1 wrote:
Updated: Collingwood will not make a call on Jordan De Goey’s future until his case is finalised after the 25-year-old’s New York court case was adjourned again until the end of the month.

Good

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:03 am

Club doing the right thing and not making judgement until after court’s finished.

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to reading the apologies by Susie O’Brien and all the keyboard warriors who painted JDG as a rapist.
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:14 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Club doing the right thing and not making judgement until after court’s finished.

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to reading the apologies by Susie O’Brien and all the keyboard warriors who painted JDG as a rapist.

No chance. If Jordy gets off with a fine and having to attend a course the entitled media will be demanding that the club suspend him for twelve weeks or even sack him. I call them the entitled media because they actually believe the club has to do what they say just because they have a platform.
AJ 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:54 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:

They already made their judgment when they banned him. The club is a joke. I can’t wait for them to finish dead last this year. I’ll support wherever JDG goes.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:20 pm

think positive wrote:
only 1 was an athlete, and only one is good looking.

your attitude is why the Me Too movement has gone into overdrive, and probably overkill.

"Misdemeanor harassment occurs when a person:

Willingly and without legal authority threatens to:
Immediately or in the future cause bodily harm to the threatened individual
Cause physical damage to the victim’s property
Confine or restrain the victim
Do other malicious acts and harm the threatened individual with respect to his or her safety or physical and mental health
Uses words and conducts that put the threatened person in reasonable fear that the threat will be carried out in the future"

working out a deal, ie, our court system is over run, so are our prisons, so we are happy to work out a deal. thats so far from not guilty its not funny.

hopefully its the wakeup call he needs, just like Swan got, but in no way is this a laughing matter, and your attitude stinks.

does this mean we dont have to worry about him $�$%^%%$ up in the US again? will his visa be stamped please **** off?

i love how just before you go on your #metoo crusade you start by objectifying men! so predictable. such hypocrisy.

#Metoo was such a good thing to expose motherf$ckers like Steve Epstein and Harvey Weinstein.

The idea that me explaining what the world is like causes you to invoke #metoo shows exactly why its failing now! You idiots are after the wrong guys!!!

I'll leave it there, except to say that you combat a misdemeanor harrassment charge by looking someone in the eye and chanting "sticks and stones may break my bones....." Its a joke!!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Honestly, can we please just reinstate the kid so that we can have at least one elite player on our team????[/quote]

THIS!!
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:06 pm

AJ wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

They already made their judgment when they banned him. The club is a joke. I can’t wait for them to finish dead last this year. I’ll support wherever JDG goes.

Frankly we don't want you. Bye Bye

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 pm

Well,I hope that he does get the all clear to play with us again.It would be a shame to lose another A grade talent for nothing.We’ve lost too much talent like that over the years and got nothing in return.

It’s interesting to read people here referring to him as ‘the kid’.He’s actually 25 years old,not a kid.I think that’s part of the problem.When he’s out and about on the streets he acts like an overgrown schoolboy rather than a man.I think he still has a lot of growing up to do.Let’s hope he’s learned some valuable lessons from this latest incident,
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 pm

AJ wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Completely different back then, the report, charges and the damning video didn’t make it look good. I thought he was a goner. The club did the right thing for the club and they’ll do the right thing for Jordy when he’s cleared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 194 of 301   

Jump to: