Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that Biden has just become the States 46th president it's appropriate that he has Cox's no. 46 jumper! lol
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:56 pm

mattdally wrote:
The old bloke next to Cox supports Carlton. Marc Murphy gave him a jumper.
He aint a Pies fan.

The guy next to him is not Marc Murphy it's the American Bloke who died in a Car Crash.

Biden would have no idea about Collingwood

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:23 pm

I've often wondered how much of Cox's backstory has aided him up until this point.

If he wasn't American would we have been as patient waiting for him to deliver more consistently?

Ed first and foremost is a media owner and performer and would see the add on value Cox provides the Collingwood brand in terms of marketing.

Of course most of us couldn't give a stuff about such things and just want Premiership success.

I might be proven wrong but I'm willing to bet if we were contemplating trading Cox at the start of this trade period then that has now been kiboshed as I can't see Ed letting go of a player who was representing Collingwood when the now President elect of the United States was in town.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Well that and that we don't have a FF at all if he is traded.

But yeah, I can't imagine Cox being moved on if there's a chance Biden and Cox could meet again. Imagine winning a flag and he goes to the white house like the NBA and NHL players do. Laughing

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:10 pm

There are two things Cox can do, albeit neither of them overly well.
He can play both full forward and play ruck. There aren’t many current players who can do either well, let alone a player who can do both with some limited conviction.
I wouldn’t trade him because we would virtually require two new average players to replace him. Why do that when you can partially solve two positions with one player.
I doubt if he’s going anywhere, particularly if Treloar and Phillips are moved on earlier.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
There are two things Cox can do, albeit neither of them overly well.
He can play both full forward and play ruck. There aren’t many current players who can do either well, let alone a player who can do both with some limited conviction.
I wouldn’t trade him because we would virtually require two new average players to replace him. Why do that when you can partially solve two positions with one player.
I doubt if he’s going anywhere, particularly if Treloar and Phillips are moved on earlier.

No way should we trade him unless the offer is so overwhelmingly good it can’t be refused.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:20 pm

So we get rid of Cox.
So what do we have....2 back up rucks in Cameron and Lynch.
That is great. Not worth jarrod blair for the both of them.
And what tall forward do we have.....none!!!
And who won us 2 major finals.
Cox that is who.
Absolute rubbish a lot of posters talk on here.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Collingwoods player payment officer exposed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:15 pm

piedys wrote:
post reported to mods. thanks.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 pm

I recall sam moron Newman gave Mason Cox a red Trump hat on the Footy show, few years back, and Cox threw it away, said " i dont want that crap," sam nearly choked on his bile. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:17 am

From Mason Cox twitter feed
A voicemail to my mother from the 46th President of the United States. One of my highlights of being in Australia so far. Red heartRed heartRed heartRed heart
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 am
Post subject: Sack ThemReply with quote

I would sack any player that wants more than $150 k per year given our disgraceful lack of finals success as a Club. Richmond is the benchmark now and they are literally a few hundred metres down the road. Pay our players less and we still get the same failed result. No Premiership and no prospects. So why not save on player payments and use the money to build a gym, pool, and Social Club for fans. Many players and their managers are loyal to the big cash and play clubs against each other to get the best deal. So if we are going to be unsuccessful, let’s pay less to those that can’t deliver is success and give money to fans who bring money to the Club. Revolutionary thinking but something Biden / Harris would support. Give back to the little person . Smash the greedy and the pig corporates.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Post subject: Cox said he’ll take a pay cutReply with quote

Sending a message to team mates, and taking a bullet for the team. This is what we want at the club!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/09/mason-cox-open-to-renegotiating-collingwood-contract/
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Been a hell of a year for the AFL. For us all. Bubbles/time away from family and loved ones/unfair demanding schedules/lack of partisan crowds/etc. Surely now is the time for contractual reassessment. A FULL RESET. Previous contracts should automatically be null/void once the salary cap levels are lowered - or it will only further fragment team values and create an 'elitist class' ' in every club. How can this ever be good for team moral? How can there be any SIDE by SIDE commitment when an individual player can financially hold the Club to ransom and affect team cohesion. Every player needs to adopt a 'team first' attitude and renegotiate a proportional pay cut in line with the new salary cap. Players who refuse to put 'team first' - can simply move on. Or the mantra 'side by side' means nothing. Well done Mason Cox for considering the team first. Just my thoughts ~ rob
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 pm

It’s a pay cut... but they’re extending his terms.

So yeah, he’ll take ‘x’ amount less in 2021 because it means he’ll still have a ‘job’ in 2022..... vs taking slightly more in 2021 and being off the list in 2022!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 145 of 178   

Jump to: