Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Jarryd Blair the best small forward since Daicos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
As opposed to the threads on Cloke, Aish before he came good, De Goey, Goldsack.....?

Tell me, what is it about Blair that makes any comment or criticism of his game such a sin?

No player should be immune to criticism but Blair could be BOG with 30 possessions and 5 goals and he'd still cop it.

won't happen ...5 goals???
Tell them your dreaming

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He'll probably keep his spot on our list, but should be predominantly a VFL player next season. He's brave and committed, but he simply doesn't have enough tricks to warrant a regular spot.

I've been waiting a few seasons for Blair to get squeezed out of the senior side. Maybe 2017 with All of Elliott, Fasolo, and Broomhead fit and available and continued improvement from Phillips and Crocker.

He will play majority of games in 2017 even with all of those players available.

All they will do is what they did last year and push/rotate Elliott, Fasolo and Blair up the field to make room.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:27 am

That is a rather sweeping generalization.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:32 am

loki04 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He'll probably keep his spot on our list, but should be predominantly a VFL player next season. He's brave and committed, but he simply doesn't have enough tricks to warrant a regular spot.

I've been waiting a few seasons for Blair to get squeezed out of the senior side. Maybe 2017 with All of Elliott, Fasolo, and Broomhead fit and available and continued improvement from Phillips and Crocker.

He will play majority of games in 2017 even with all of those players available.

All they will do is what they did last year and push/rotate Elliott, Fasolo and Blair up the field to make room.

Lets push Blair out the door and back home to Wonthaggi!
We have the car, the driver and the booster seat for young Jarrod!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
As opposed to the threads on Cloke, Aish before he came good, De Goey, Goldsack.....?

Tell me, what is it about Blair that makes any comment or criticism of his game such a sin?

No player should be immune to criticism but Blair could be BOG with 30 possessions and 5 goals and he'd still cop it.

I very much doubt that....however, it would be nice if the theory was ever tested

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Lets retire this thread given the authors recent "Edit" change to the topic name!
People it was "BLAIR HAD NO KICKS" (against Tigers)

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:26 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Lets retire this thread given the authors recent "Edit" change to the topic name!
People it was "BLAIR HAD NO KICKS" (against Tigers)

ha, ha, ha!!! must be terrible for all the Blair knockers to come on here to vent about Blair, with the result being to keep the heading at the top of the page.

for the record, the thread name originally was "say what you want about Blair, but he was really good tonight".

as with every other thread in seasons where we arent doing so well, the thread was ransacked by people who want to sink the boots in.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
Donny wrote:
Some don't seem to really watch our games.

Blair's still copping it (particularly in the Game On thread) and yet he had just 3 disposals less than one Scott Pendlebury AND @ a better D/E.

Given that Pendles is playing with an injured Achilles (and is being tagged) and that disposal efficiency is at best a misleading stat, it really doesn't say much for Blair.

Whoever thinks that Blair is a better small forward than Paul Williams, Leon, Krak, Elliot, Didak, Fasolo and/or Medhurst cannot be taken seriously.

He is a defensive forward. He is just as good as the defensive forward that played in our last premiership. If i recall correctly, that last guy made that premiership team ahead of Leon Davis and shared center stage with Alan of the Didak!!!!!!

IRRC none of Williams, Krak, Elliot, faz or Medhurst is a premiership player!!!!!!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:28 pm

E wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:
Donny wrote:

Blair's still copping it (particularly in the Game On thread) and yet he had just 3 disposals less than one Scott Pendlebury AND @ a better D/E.

Given that Pendles is playing with an injured Achilles (and is being tagged) and that disposal efficiency is at best a misleading stat, it really doesn't say much for Blair.

Whoever thinks that Blair is a better small forward than Paul Williams, Leon, Krak, Elliot, Didak, Fasolo and/or Medhurst cannot be taken seriously.

He is a defensive forward. He is just as good as the defensive forward that played in our last premiership. If i recall correctly, that last guy made that premiership team ahead of Leon Davis and shared center stage with Alan of the Didak!!!!!!

IRRC none of Williams, Krak, Elliot, faz or Medhurst is a premiership player!!!!!!

that adds a lot to the discussion.
As stated before... dragged in the 2011 gf.
Averaging about 14 goals a year.
As for the defensive forward.
When was the last time he chased down an outside player?
Slow slow and slow is Blair.
He never runs defensive patterns.
Never or rarely sticks a tackle when the player has momentum.
Never or rarely front and square.
Can't kick over 40m.
The only area where he is ok is when he lays inside tackles
and he can lead up well at times.
But then again he has the worst defender on him
and in the past they have often peeled off him
to go to other more important players such as Cloke.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:46 pm

thompsoc wrote:
E wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:
Donny wrote:

Can't kick over 40m.

you kind of lack credibility thomsoc. you spent about 5 pages on the Aish thread telling everyone who would listen that Aish was a dud as well. Seems you find it very easy to take negative opinions on collingwood players. hard to take it seriously though.

Blair - Premierships 1
thomsoc - Premierships - 0

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:53 pm

jackcass wrote:

I very much doubt that....however, it would be nice if the theory was ever tested

Has 1 bag of 5 and a few 25+ possession games. Not bad for a forward pocket. Had 21 possessions Friday and look at how much love he's getting.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Poor little bugger gets kicked from pillar too post every week , n o matter how he goes, jeeesus, hes not the worst player ever to play for the Pies, ive seen much worse than him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Poor little bugger gets kicked from pillar too post every week , n o matter how he goes, jeeesus, hes not the worst player ever to play for the Pies, ive seen much worse than him.

I suspect he ignores it all and has an occasional rueful smile at the keyboard champions who have achieved little in football while he pulls on the jumper every week. I thought he was a bit poor again this week, but if he collected 22 possies i probably underestimated his contribution.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 pm

E wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
E wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:
Donny wrote:

Can't kick over 40m.

you kind of lack credibility thomsoc. you spent about 5 pages on the Aish thread telling everyone who would listen that Aish was a dud as well. Seems you find it very easy to take negative opinions on collingwood players. hard to take it seriously though.

Blair - Premierships 1
thomsoc - Premierships - 0

The trouble with you E is you can't even get the facts right about the Aish thread.
There is 27 pages there and you would think before you make such stupid claims about my posting you would actually check.
But you didn't because you prefer to slander me.
For the record in the Aish thread I posted 3 times concerning Aish.
First one was in May and I said he was looking ordinary but we need to give him a year or two to find out whether he is any good.
The second was in reference to DTM about why he was rated so high 3 years ago but again I said it was too early to tell.
The last post was last month and I said he may become an A grader and I said if people know me I never say things like that lightly.
But you implied I had put up 5 pages of trash and I was constantly negative
You really need to post in an intelligent manner and not sprout complete and utter rubbish.
Concerning the Aish thread prove me wrong or just apologise.
But you wont because you believe your own propaganda.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:18 pm

And E you have only put up that Blair has a premiership medal as the only evidence that he can play.
For the record E... Blair got 9 disposals in 2010 gf and he got 2 kicks and 1 handball in the 2011 gf.
That is a total of 12 disposals across 2 grand finals for an average of 6 disposals per gf.
His Effective disposal rate was 55% in 2010 but amazingly he got 100% ED
in 2011. But then again it was only out of 3 disposals!
What a champion!
Tell me in an intelligent way where Blair is good.
Skills? Goal kicking? where exactly is Blair average or better than average?
Please give me a precise breakdown of his strengths.
This analysis would be very interesting.

Please don't give such light analysis... like he plays his role.
He is a good defensive forward... and all this without going into some specifics.
Looking forward to your detailed response.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19   

Jump to: