Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Real estate agents should be hanged.

Sorry Nick. Didn't mean to offend.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:00 pm

What if it didn't happen?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:
Double WTF! This tool just sent me a text asking to speak to my husband!

If I'm any guess about the man you'd marry, the last thing that tool wants to do is be spoken to by your husband. (Be spoken to, not "speak".) (Well, last thing after being spoken to by you. He's probably still shaking.)

If by any remote chance hubby is soft-spoken and gentle to a fault, I am happy to stand in for him for the purposes of giving said real estate agent a few choice words - and I do mean choice. Or Stui strikes me as a man who could strip paint off with a couple of sentences if he put his mind to it, which I'm sure he'd be delighted to do. Best of all - though it will take a little while - is the one very special word. You put this one on the outside of the house in big red letters. To make this word you need an "s" and a "d" and between those a "o" and an "l".

Hehehehehe cheers mate! Thanks for making me smile!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:19 pm

wow, lots of WTF today:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-22/how-volkswagen-fooled-us-regulators/6793652
why not spend the money spent developing the cheat devise to try and fix the emission problem?

and this WTF is really sad:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-22/illegal-worker-dumped-in-toilet-died-from-treatable-condition/6794308

and a really funny catty one to finish!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-22/catfish-hit-bloodies-man-in-darwin/6793626

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

If I'm any guess about the man you'd marry, the last thing that tool wants to do is be spoken to by your husband. (Be spoken to, not "speak".) (Well, last thing after being spoken to by you. He's probably still shaking.)

If by any remote chance hubby is soft-spoken and gentle to a fault, I am happy to stand in for him for the purposes of giving said real estate agent a few choice words - and I do mean choice. Or Stui strikes me as a man who could strip paint off with a couple of sentences if he put his mind to it, which I'm sure he'd be delighted to do. Best of all - though it will take a little while - is the one very special word. You put this one on the outside of the house in big red letters. To make this word you need an "s" and a "d" and between those a "o" and an "l".

I'd be more than happy to stand in over the phone and give said dicknose a spray, my daughter copped similar treatment recently when she and her BF were looking to rent a house together and the agents kept contacting the BF. She doesn't take kindly to that sort of shite.

And re my ability to give a spray when I put my mind to it, last time I let rip was when watching the footy on fathers day I let rip with some brief monolog which left my son laughing and his GF googling some of the words I just said. You'd think that syphilitic dromedary fellatrix would need little explanation.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Somehow I knew that this would provoke a great response from our Mr Magpie, and he didn't let me down. Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

I'd be more than happy to stand in over the phone and give said dicknose a spray, my daughter copped similar treatment recently when she and her BF were looking to rent a house together and the agents kept contacting the BF. She doesn't take kindly to that sort of shite.

And re my ability to give a spray when I put my mind to it, last time I let rip was when watching the footy on fathers day I let rip with some brief monolog which left my son laughing and his GF googling some of the words I just said. You'd think that syphilitic dromedary fellatrix would need little explanation.

Wait wait wait

So you will be home alone again?

(Hubby got that "oh **** what has she done now" look! Not sure he believes I did t swear at him -I didn't, I didn't even reply! Hubby is a bit of a pacifist but if you put a rocket up him, get out the way!
It's ok, I can hold my own! Never one to back away from a fight! Especially when I know I'm right!)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Yeah, gonna be home alone again, daughter got a place and moves out on the weekend. Boy is up Doreen way and she's going to Mill Park so I get to get overly familiar with Plenty Rd.

That's cool, I'm comfortable on my own. I'm going to have to do some culling of junk but after I get this joint spruced up and the last of the carpet ripped up and floor boards polished and lacquered I can turn up the stereo and slide round the house with a margarita wearing nothing but socks whenever I want. Very Happy Cool

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:09 pm

^ That is downright scary thinking.

Alternatively, you could save money by wearing just one sock in an unusual spot and sliding around face-down on your willy.

(You did check for splinters?)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Nah, I don't do break dancing but it's a great way to answer the door to cold callers. Cool
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Risky business!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:02 pm

So to finish the story, he didn't go sooking to hubby, (didn't have his number) he went sooking to our best friends, who are property developers! His reply when asked for hubby's number "mate, let it go, trust me, She won't change her mind anyway, I'm telling you. Let. It. Go!" So I'm wondering if I need to get a hulk suit! Grrrrrrrr!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:15 pm

xfactor. i have never watched more than three minutes of it until this year. what a crock of a show it is.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:19 pm

^

I've got it on at the moment. Only got a week left of having to share the TV, I can live with it.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nah, I don't do break dancing but it's a great way to answer the door to cold callers. Cool

I did that once. Some fool knocked on my door at some ungodly hour of a warm Sunday morning. I was naked. This would have been in the late 1970s. There were two possibilities:

(a) It was someone I knew, in which case they wouldn't care. (This was the 1970s, remember.)

(b) It was someone I didn't know, in which case I didn't care. (Fnuck 'em! If they want to bang on my door at that hour of a Sunday morning, it's their problem.)

It turned out to be a very conservatively dressed lady of indeterminate age (50ish maybe?) holding some beads and a Bible. I had incautiously flung the door wide open, but I wasn't expecting that! Now I'm a bit of a prick at the best of times, but I'd have at least had the decency to wrap a towel around me or something if I'd known it was this poor old ultra-conservative biddy. But too late.

Oh shit! I thought. I really shouldn't have done that to this poor woman, who after all at least means well.

But she was awesome. Did not even blink! Just went straight into the "Hello, have you heard the word of the Lord" routine as if this was her fifth important call of the day and she intended to do another eight before lunch. Not by word or deed did she so much as hint that this wasn't a perfectly normal doorstep conversation in every way, and could she direct my attention to page three of the pamphlet where the was an article she was sure would interest me?

Normally, in those days, I just used to close the door on religious callers, close it in their smarmy faces. But I was so impressed by this gal's display of cool - she fair dinkum did not turn a bloody hair - that I couldn't bring myself to shut the door on her. I remember thinking that if she had the balls to just carry on without even blinking then the least I could do in tribute to her calm was hear her out. So I stood there on the doorstep stark bollock naked for what seemed like almost an hour (but was probably not much more than five minutes) making vague, polite answers to her various religious topics, finally accepting a handful of brochures and assuring her I would read them with all appropriate interest before she went on her way.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 135 of 277   

Jump to: