Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-match: Cats beat Pies in armwrestle. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me most about last night is that Geelong weren't much good and yet I get the feeling it's about their level and Scott was happy.

Us on the other hand were bloody awful for the most part, miles below our best displays of last year and Bucks would be very unhappy.

Even allowing for our poor showing if we had of taken our chances in the 2nd and 3rd quarters then we would have likely kicked away and broken Geelong's spirit.

We left 4pts on the table last night despite being atrocious.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Given his lack of experience playing key defence Moore's performance far exceeded my expectations this early in the season.

Just wish he had a twin as I don't believe we truly know what he could offer as a forward as it's taken until now for him to go from a boy to a man physically.

All he needs now is some luck with injury and the sky is the limit.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Our want to keep the ball in play with stupid flicks and tap backs rather than taking the boundary line throw in forward of centre or inside F50 beggars belief. Just dumb, smart arse football. Most of the time our player had no idea who was in support (usually a Cats player) and gifted Geelong an easy outlet rather than taking the throw in and resetting. Hubris personified.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Adz wrote:
All those people saying we need tone, watch WC thump the Lions on Sunday.

How'd that go for you?? Laughing Laughing
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 pm

mudlark wrote:
Adz wrote:
All those people saying we need tone, watch WC thump the Lions on Sunday.

How'd that go for you?? Laughing Laughing

Are you sure that’s right, mudlark. He posted last night he doesn’t get many wrong 😂😂
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:56 pm

So in keeping with the majority of this thread, what we can now safely say half way through round one, is that the Pies, Dees, Crows, swans and the reigning premiers are all in for a long season.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Given his lack of experience playing key defence Moore's performance far exceeded my expectations this early in the season.

Just wish he had a twin as I don't believe we truly know what he could offer as a forward as it's taken until now for him to go from a boy to a man physically.

All he needs now is some luck with injury and the sky is the limit.

He was brilliant, and tried ever6 second.

Looking back now I’m not quite so desolate at losing y9 those pricks, we really were rusty, maybe too confident, the thing that really pissed m3 off amd I gave h8m a big spray which is rare for me, was De Goeys stupid pass, I could have run in and kicked it fr9m there. He earns big bucks, that ain’t good enough.Treloar must have looked better on telly cos i thought he was crap for the first half.

I really really hope this was the wake up call.

The only win I’m happy with is Port! Shit first week

Whoa, scratch that! Go Lions!!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Oh wow. What a win by the Lions!! I wonder if Beamsy is already regretting his move back to the Pies???
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Sorry... double post.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
So in keeping with the majority of this thread, what we can now safely say half way through round one, is that the Pies, Dees, Crows, swans and the reigning premiers are all in for a long season.

Yes, exactly. West Coast in fact, must be doomed to a devastating fall from grace, given that they have just lost to the Lions.And the corollary is that the Lions must now be the flag favourites.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Oh wow. What a win by the Lions!! I wonder if Beamsy is already regretting his move back to the Pies???

It could be like his current coach's move in '94, but he figures he'll be retired in '26 anyway. (And all that Qld sun was bad for the tatts.)

Magpietothemax wrote:
Yes, exactly. West Coast in fact, must be doomed to a devastating fall from grace, given that they have just lost to the Lions. And the corollary is that the Lions must now be the flag favourites.

This doesn't make sense even as a gag...

(But was it a high-standard game?)

WC were only favoured in the betting as much as the Pies were. And the line was only 13.5. It's the travel factor. (And when things go wrong interstate, it often ends in a blowout. When things all go right interstate, it often ends in a narrow win.) The punters also think Bris will be big movers upwards this year.

Last edited by K on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Went to the game. Very disappointed as I'm sure we all are. A combination of Keystone Cops and Benny Hill; at times slapstick and vaudaville rolled into one

Before the game I didn't like the set up: Brown is not up to it IMO (and I really hope he proves me wrong) and why would you not play Greenwood who has a demonstrated record against Selwood.

I thought there was arrogance by the selection committee: It was obvious that at least Howe and De Goey were underdone and not match fit (cherry ripe my arse)

I thought we lost it :

1. By squandering our dominance in the first quarter
2. By poor conversion (see 1 above)
3. The dominant display in the second half by their ruck Stanley who easily beat Grundy in my view and allowed the mangey cats to clear out of the centre with little resistance.
4. The lack of coherence in our play: bombing it forward without rhyme or reason and when this didn't workout doing it again
5. Inefficiency (obvious to everyone)
6. Poor disposal and overuse of the football
7. Lack of leadership

On the bright side: Welcome back Elliot and Moore who both made terrific contributions.

It's round one and no primeirships are won. Seriously, we made Geelong look good (again). They are not a great team. Perspective is needed & I'd love to watch the replay as I was too emotionally involved watching it live.

(I set record on the Fetch TV for Saturday night not firiggin Friday night, going to bed late from work and before getting up at 5 am before an early shift on Friday morning FFS)

Go pies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jphxpi1ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

It doesn't really matter what he thinks about it. They won because he left. The win was based on gut-running, closing down space and not letting the Eagles have an easy ball anywhere. His lack of defensive of run would have ruined that game plan. Also, if he was still there, they wouldn't have been able to afford Neale.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:49 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Looking at stats and for entire game we had pocessions 41%. Them 42%

Last 10 minutes 12% our way. 33% their way

Interesting. How do you see stats for a 10-min period? Is it from the AFL app?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:01 am

derkd wrote:
Lastly, do we want to be playing our best footy in round 1? or from round 1? nope.....look at Richmond last year, or Collingwood 2011 ....play your best footy too early, you will only fall over in the finals.

Rich don't have "best footy". That is generally the fear when teams play badly -- that they don't have "best footy".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19   

Jump to: