Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

One Nation on the rise / WA State Election thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

partypie wrote:
The Greens campaigned on a "No damn" platform in the south west, even though the area is not suitable for damn and their leader has stated this, so not sure about the iq bit

^ Er... they're an advocate for universal salvation? Wink

David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
On current counting, it looks like PHONy will do very well in the Upper House - the ABC is predicting 15 seats for the ALP, 9 for the Libs, 4 for the Nats, the Greens with 3 (and near becoming the third largest voting bloc in the State), the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers with 2 and Fluoride Free WA, the Liberal Democrats and OneNotion with 1 each.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa-election-2017/results/legislative-council/

That is a pretty wretched result for them after all the hype, although it is worth noting that on those figures Labor will need both of the Greens and at least one of the minor party votes to get legislation through. Considering that their alternative options are likely to be the Shooters & Fishers rednecks, anti-Fluoride crazies and gun-toting libertarians, they'd be hoping that the anti-daylight saving mob get in.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:55 pm

May I pay tribute to our wonderful Australian democracies, to our compulsory voting for better or worse, and our upper houses, frustrating as all get out, but it does teach everybody to play cooperatively...

Also a reminder to everybody that it does not matter what you do, the other mob will get in occasionally, unless of course your name is Johannes Bjelke-Peterson.

Finally in other countries, if you exclude the media from your function, you look like Ivan the Terrible. Here, you look like Sheldon Cooper.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:32 pm

David wrote:
partypie wrote:
The Greens campaigned on a "No damn" platform in the south west, even though the area is not suitable for damn and their leader has stated this, so not sure about the iq bit

My post was about the greens using the issue of underground gas extraction called fr@@king and somehow the word "damn" has been substituted. Is this the swear filter gone mad or political censorship at its worst?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
On current counting, it looks like PHONy will do very well in the Upper House - the ABC is predicting 15 seats for the ALP, 9 for the Libs, 4 for the Nats, the Greens with 3 (and near becoming the third largest voting bloc in the State), the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers with 2 and Fluoride Free WA, the Liberal Democrats and OneNotion with 1 each.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa-election-2017/results/legislative-council/

Of course the irony here is that One Notion was expecting at least 3 seats & the balance of power: the one seat they might get will be care of Lib preferences Laughing

Fluoride Free Party WTF?
Are dentists running this show?
A case for an ICAC investigation methinks

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:42 pm

David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

That is a pretty wretched result for them after all the hype, although it is worth noting that on those figures Labor will need both of the Greens and at least one of the minor party votes to get legislation through. Considering that their alternative options are likely to be the Shooters & Fishers rednecks, anti-Fluoride crazies and gun-toting libertarians, they'd be hoping that the anti-daylight saving mob get in.

Really? Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:45 pm

I will take that under consideration.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Yes! If you look up 'redneck' in the dictionary, you'll likely see a Shooters & Fishers logo.

partypie wrote:
David wrote:
partypie wrote:

My post was about the greens using the issue of underground gas extraction called fr@@king and somehow the word "damn" has been substituted. Is this the swear filter gone mad or political censorship at its worst?

Ah. I see. Might be something for the mods to look into. Embarassed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:10 pm

David wrote:
Yes! If you look up 'redneck' in the dictionary, you'll likely see a Shooters & Fishers logo.

Firstly, i'm sure you know that the term "redneck" was originally a derogatory term for poor white farmers bestowed upon them by the wealthy.

Secondly, the shooters and fishers party are hardly comprised of uneducated bigots, they are actually an alternative environmental party, just far more practical than the greens.

Overall typical elitist comment from a university educated city boy. Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAYw0vM-bw
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 pm

http://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au/federal_policies
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Firstly, i'm sure you know that the term "redneck" was originally a derogatory term for poor white farmers bestowed upon them by the wealthy.

Secondly, the shooters and fishers party are hardly comprised of uneducated bigots, they are actually an alternative environmental party, just far more practical than the greens.

Overall typical elitist comment from a university educated city boy. Rolling Eyes

"Alternative environmental party". Laughing

Look, I'm not saying they're all country bumpkins. And I'm sure there are a few of 'em who could teach a no-good city slicker like me a thing or two... Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:48 pm

plenty of city slickers get up bush, they know what it's about rather than reading about it in Green newsletters.

Take you out bush for a weekend, shooting and fishing, that would give you an edumacation. Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:51 pm

I'm happy to go Kale hunting. Any interest?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm happy to go Kale hunting. Any interest?

no chance. i only hunt things that are edible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17   

Jump to: