Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Some of us, of course, are capable of keeping an open mind about such things and only feel the need to comment on obvious garbage, spouted by either side of the debate. If you think there's some reason why Lyon should be judged the same way as Buckley, given Lyon's record, feel free to try to explain what that reason is.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Some of us, of course, are capable of keeping an open mind about such things and only feel the need to comment on obvious garbage, spouted by either side of the debate. If you think there's some reason why Lyon should be judged the same way as Buckley, given Lyon's record, feel free to try to explain what that reason is.

Don’t know who you were replying to but I have never mentioned Lyon at all and couldn’t give a flying duck about him quite frankly.
I'm just stating an opinion that posters on Nick's merely reflect their own traits as a human person and how they tick. We all beat to different drums and dance to different tunes. Therefore the two main groups either supporting the current direction of the club or not doing this will never ever be compatible with each other.
Or maybe it is actually my trait of being logical, rational and sensible (imo) clashing with those who are not? Shocked Rolling Eyes Cool

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Don’t know who you were replying to but I have never mentioned Lyon at all and couldn’t give a flying duck about him quite frankly.
I'm just stating an opinion that posters on Nick's merely reflect their own traits as a human person and how they tick. We all beat to different drums and dance to different tunes. Therefore the two main groups either supporting the current direction of the club or not doing this will never ever be compatible with each other.
Or maybe it is actually my trait of being logical, rational and sensible (imo) clashing with those who are not? Shocked Rolling Eyes Cool

I think pies4shaw's post was directed at Rudeboy. You're point about two competing ideologies or opinions and human nature etc is spot on though.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I think pies4shaw's post was directed at Rudeboy. You're point about two competing ideologies or opinions and human nature etc is spot on though.

The first one was. The second one was in direct response to Lazza. It's true that he "never mentioned Lyon at all" - but he did write "Agree with you totally RB 100% in fact." Since the starting point of RB's very short post was a comment about the difference in treatment between Lyon, on the one hand, and Buckley on the other, I invited Lazza to try to explain what is was he agreed with. I obviously made the mistake of thinking he may have read the post that he said he agreed with 100%.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The first one was. The second one was in direct response to Lazza. It's true that he "never mentioned Lyon at all" - but he did write "Agree with you totally RB 100% in fact." Since the starting point of RB's very short post was a comment about the difference in treatment between Lyon, on the one hand, and Buckley on the other, I invited Lazza to try to explain what is was he agreed with. I obviously made the mistake of thinking he may have read the post that he said he agreed with 100%.

I obviously made the mistake of thinking that an experienced poster like you may have read the bolded parts of RB's post that I obviously agreed with 100% Rolling Eyes My bad for having an unrealistic expectation............ Crying or Very sad Sad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
In all seriousness, the things Jez07 has touched on seem pretty close to the pulse to me. He's relayed that a former player he has spoke to has significant concerns about the coaching staff. Regardless of whether he has spoken to said ex player, after the past 3 years who seriously doesn't have concerns about our coaching staff? Michael Christian hasn't been backward in coming forward on the Agenda after the WCE and Blues loss. Maxwell said as much. Shaw appears to have his doubts. Eddie publicly criticised the gameplan and thought about quitting after the blues loss.

I don't think anyone has questioned the validity of the points Jiz07 raises, it's the ultra negative spin he is hellbent on applying while claiming a circle of confidantes unequalled in an field of endeavour, and his opinions as indisputable facts. It's all rooted in Bucks inability to coach and the clubs ineptness.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You just can't help but insult people who think differently to you even when you are trying not to.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I'm not a Lyon fan. Think he takes a list and runs it into the ground. While that ultimately might (hasn't yet) achieve the ultimate success, it eventually leaves you with a club in need of a major overhaul. Be interesting to see how he goes lifting Freo up off the mat. Ironically, our list is now well placed for a coach like Lyon but not sure he can take it forward any better than Bucks.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:08 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
You just can't help but insult people who think differently to you even when you are trying not to.

Thanks for sharing that opinion with me dude...... Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:11 pm

JC, until Buckley coaches a team to a Grand Final, we have to expect that he'll be more in the gun when his team is travelling poorly than a coach who has got his team to the Grand Final three times in the last 7 years at 2 different clubs.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Do you realise what the bolded parts of a replied to post mean now Pies4shaw?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

You don't have to do it Lazza. Other than that, your comments and posts are really good. Just let people have a different opinion without having to put them down.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

You don't have to do it Lazza. Other than that, your comments and posts are really good. Just let people have a different opinion without having to put them down.

Really fair and valid point as long as you realise that it cuts both ways (and rightly or wrongly in someone's opinion) my basic human trait in life does not allow me to take a backward step when put down first. That is my humble human frailty but I'm working hard on it dude... Laughing Smile Cool

John West 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The "other side" will also believe they are being logical, rational and sensible. They are likely to believe you aren't any of that. You would do well to focus less on your opinions of the personalities and more on your opinions on the footy and club. Don't get so caught up with the "other side" because it detracts from your ability to put forward your football opinion.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:29 pm

John West wrote:
The "other side" will also believe they are being logical, rational and sensible. They are likely to believe you aren't any of that. You would do well to focus less on your opinions of the personalities and more on your opinions on the footy and club. Don't get so caught up with the "other side" because it detracts from your ability to put forward your football opinion.

I see what you are trying to get at there and thanks for your comments. The problem I have is that at times, it is very hard to differentiate between the personalities and their opinions. And what really gets my goat is when these opinions are mentioned here as facts by such personalities.

Trying extremely hard to live and let live but much harder to deal with the repetitious opinions STILL mentioned as if they were facts.

I need not tell you that the flood gates will open again IF Collingwood lose on Saturday, no matter what some posters have tried to tell these particular posters, particularly a newbie.

Like I said, never the Twain shall meet, nor will the human trait differences ever get together in agreement about the current direction of the club we all profess to love and loyally support standing side by side. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 114 of 118   

Jump to: