Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies pipped again . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Man on man if we could have only snatched the 4pts these last two weeks we'd be top 4 and two games clear of 5th.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 am

414zm here and I just watched the game again and a few things stand out now after reading the posts and observing the game
Tooves got owned by Cyril yes maybe Williams should have gone to him has some mongrel and more speed but this leaves Tooves on Duopilo is that a better match up ?
Can we drop Tooves sure we could but who comes in ? Scharenberg is the heir apparent but that leaves us with Brown as our only back with more than 50 games experience (until Reid gets back) so I think his experience is necessary evil at the moment.
Cloke is Cloke he will win us games and like tonight can cost games but his work ethic is huge. I would hate to play on him his aerobic capacity is second only to Nick the Saint. He did so many team things
White he is an enigma for mine. Does good work to get a mark then blows it. Doesn't have the credits in the bank to do this on a weekly basis but his work and relief ruck past 2 weeks has been better than average.
Elliott just looks angry. Loved he gave Mitchell some tonight but he's in the side to kick goals as well. I think watching his movement he has a groin as he doesn't have that burst of power off the mark to get clear like he had a few weeks back. He stays in because when he's in dang he's good
Crisp is one out of the box. Still learning his trade but has improved out of sight this year. Can't help but think he has embraced the skipper and shows many of the same traits. We have been the winner in this trade
Varcoe probably playing a good as ever. I didn't like it when we got him thought he was lazy and got the soft disposals. His last few weeks have been awesome. Smothers sheppards 2nd 3rd efforts amazing.
Was really happy with Moore he didn't kick any goals but he'll he went at the ball hard and brought it to ground. Backing into a pack showed me he has no fear. Give him 2yrs and preseasons to work on his body and folks we have a winner.
Maynard was solid but showed his inexperience at times. Will be better for the run. A few weeks back in the twos won't hurt his development.
Sidey was much better tonight still a few little things in his game awareness but showed tonight what he can do just need it more consistently.
Witts lost no friends again tonight handled Hale well but run out of puff again. Still young and building his tank but wouldn't trade him for the world
Oxley Broomhead Langdon Frost Williams are all still showing improvement each week. I have a man crush on Langdon his work lately has been great but he seems to show up when needed most
As I said earlier in this topic Hawks didn't beat us we beat ourselves.
Let's think at round 1 if you were offered a 10 point loss to the Hawks knowing how badly we kicked for goal would. Have thought it acceptable ?
Yes the Hawks were down a couple troops but we had no Reid Grundy Greenwood who would have been in our best 22 plans before round 1
All in all our effort over 4 qtrs is very good. We have improved that since round one so that's a big plus.
We are getting more games into players another plus
Crisp has been better than I think anyone thought another plus
As far as game plans go (which was a big concern for everyone preseason) this has been a huge plus.
The team play for each other and do all the little things well another plus
The majority on here said 2016/17 onwards would be when we would be competing with the big guns well we are competive now (yes we didn't win last 2 weeks but weren't embarrassed) so I believe we are actually in front of our planning mint have had us.
Young teams make mistakes and we have payed for them (unfortunately a lot of the costly mistakes are being made by the more experienced players insert names White Cloke Toovey here) but we don't drop our heads and we keep going
I'll wait to hear the reports from the VFL to see what changes might happen
Chin up folks we aren't that far off and we have plenty of room for improvement
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:03 am

ANNODAM wrote:
LOL at those who thought we were a chance tonight.
Bent over & let them have their way with us again!

Same old, same old!

you must have watched a very different game to the rest of us or don't fully understand what happened.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 am

Watched the match in a buffering pause/refresh feed from the beach in Italy. Thought the boys looked terrific and for a young group, not overwhelmed in the slightest. Absolutely hate honorable losses but this was one. Don't forget, Hawthorn have destroyed us every time in the past.

This young team gives us so much to be excited about. Incredible times ahead
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:48 am

swoop42 wrote:
Who are the bigger ins?

Roughead and Frawley or Grundy and Greenwood?

I haven't bothered including Reid in the equation.

Roughhead alone is the bigger inclusion. He's their key forward, and former COleman Medalist.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:49 am

Tell me more about bigger inclusion.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am

think positive wrote:
Cloke mauled lake like a rag doll

That is all

Lake would be looking at one stat.

1 goal.

Lake wins

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:03 am

Not only that but I absolutely blew a gasket with the Gunston no call holding the ball in the goal square that led to the Isaac Smith goal.

Also Rioli's free in the last, was that not leading with the head into the tackle, play on under new rule?

hodge dropping the ball in the first got up and looked surprised he didn't get pinned. then immediately again.
lewis in the first took the tackler on, caught stone cold dropped it.
hodge blocking witts run in the ruck contest time and again.

its a bitter pill that i cannot swallow especially after losing and seeing the effort the whole team put s out there. it really is one way traffic against us. we play fare but tough and i would think thats how you play the game and you should never be denied the opportunities and the reward for doing that.
of course I'm one eyed and a saw loser, i always will be but don't pretend its a fare playing ground.
rant over. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:22 am

LOL at the haters and doom merchants. This is a team full of kids still learning their way, a number with incompletely developed physiques, improvement only possible with a number of complete preseasons and still we pushed the best to play their absolute best and but for a few 'moments' could have stolen it.

All things being equal we won't make the big dance this season and top 4 seems just beyond our reach but a finals appearance with - hopefully - a win to give our kids the taste and the hunger is well within reach.

For short periods our kicking disposal matched Hawthorn and our disposal in tight packs has improved beyond measure. Sadly all our key forwards were quiet or off target, this can mostly be attributed to Hawthorn's bustling pressure tactics.

Speaking of Hawthorn - they are the masters at scrounging goals and posessions, this is two weeks in a row when our backline were wonderful but the opposition were still able to manufacture goals out of their rings.

Think back to the last few seasons and see how they have reamed us but no more - they had to scrounge this win - all power to them but we are coming.

At the start of the season a lot had us in the bottom 4 and most (including here) had us missing a finals berth.

That is a strong possibility now.

Murphy leave my team alone.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:31 am

The positive is that we now have a gameplan and style to match the best teams. What we lack is experience and execution under pressure
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:42 am

Deja Vu wrote:
The positive is that we now have a gameplan and style to match the best teams. What we lack is experience and execution under pressure

one thing that really pleased was that we were able to stem most of the shifts in momentum. on occasion i thought the hawks might have got a run on and taken the game away from us. this has improved markedly since the earlier parts of the season.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:47 am

What'sinaname wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Who are the bigger ins?

Roughead and Frawley or Grundy and Greenwood?

I haven't bothered including Reid in the equation.

Roughhead alone is the bigger inclusion. He's their key forward, and former COleman Medalist.

It's interesting that when our star players get an injury, they're "cooked" but when a former Hawthorn star is out with a life-threatening condition, they're a "big inclusion".
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 am

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

That is all

1 goal.

Lake wins

Lake was actually hopeless. If that's what he brings to the table these days, I'd say he's in his last season and is likely to be badly exposed in the finals. Gibson looed like he is on the way out, too.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:00 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

That is all

1 goal.

Lake wins

Lake was actually hopeless. If that's what he brings to the table these days, I'd say he's in his last season and is likely to be badly exposed in the finals. Gibson looed like he is on the way out, too.

commentators i was listening to said lake and gibson were pretty much ineffectual and had poor games. that our forwards had done a number on them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:19 am

simon tonna wrote:
Not only that but I absolutely blew a gasket with the Gunston no call holding the ball in the goal square that led to the Isaac Smith goal.

Also Rioli's free in the last, was that not leading with the head into the tackle, play on under new rule?

hodge dropping the ball in the first got up and looked surprised he didn't get pinned. then immediately again.
lewis in the first took the tackler on, caught stone cold dropped it.
hodge blocking witts run in the ruck contest time and again.

its a bitter pill that i cannot swallow especially after losing and seeing the effort the whole team put s out there. it really is one way traffic against us. we play fare but tough and i would think thats how you play the game and you should never be denied the opportunities and the reward for doing that.
of course I'm one eyed and a saw loser, i always will be but don't pretend its a fare playing ground.
rant over. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Nah, I'm with you, I believe we were robbed. It's called the premier is always right, and the AFL always favours winners.

That's ok. We will get them next time. So proud of our boys last night, gees it's so bloody exciting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17   

Jump to: