Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grundy's turnovers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
jackcass wrote:
K wrote:
Yes, I agree. He and Korda (whose quotes also show he's unhappy)

Is that an observation on his general demeanor or specific to Grundy? Love to see the quotes that led you to these conclusions.

Again, there have been many Nick's posts on this topic in the past. It's not my fault if you've been living under a rock and missed old news.

Let me borrow (and modify) Grundy's words: “... that discussion happened more than 5 months ago ...

... it’s time to keep up with the times, I think. Keep up with the pace of the journalism, it’s a bit tiring.”

But here is the Korda quote.

Korda: “Would we have liked to negotiate a four- or five-year deal? Yes. Did the competitive market push that out? Yes.

“For some times, you’ve got to make a decision. We clearly would have liked a lesser thing, but that was - we are where we are and we signed it off."

It's funny looking at it again after the quote on buyer's remorse from the psychology professor.

Sigall: "For example, if you can avoid responsibility for the decision (“I was lied to or cheated,” or “Anyone would have made the same choice.”), a bad decision can be reconciled to your belief that you are a good decision maker.

Besides our own psychological discomfort, we don’t want to admit our buyer’s remorse to others for fear that they will think us stupid or incompetent."

Are you now gonna demand I tell you what Eddie said on Footy Classified? Question

so, Korda and the club wanted a year less and got pushed by the value in the market. Does not mean the value is wrong and in any negotiation Im sure either party would have wanted more or less - thats the choice. To me thats what he means by "clearly".

And if he did mean more than that publicly, if it was a public way to "save face" or show "his beliefs did not align with the decision he made" then hopefully he moves on quickly cause thats weak as pi$$ and not what you want in a leader.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
jackcass wrote:
K wrote:
Yes, I agree. He and Korda (whose quotes also show he's unhappy)

Is that an observation on his general demeanor or specific to Grundy? Love to see the quotes that led you to these conclusions.

Again, there have been many Nick's posts on this topic in the past. It's not my fault if you've been living under a rock and missed old news.

Let me borrow (and modify) Grundy's words: “... that discussion happened more than 5 months ago ...

... it’s time to keep up with the times, I think. Keep up with the pace of the journalism, it’s a bit tiring.”

But here is the Korda quote.

Korda: “Would we have liked to negotiate a four- or five-year deal? Yes. Did the competitive market push that out? Yes.

“For some times, you’ve got to make a decision. We clearly would have liked a lesser thing, but that was - we are where we are and we signed it off."

It's funny looking at it again after the quote on buyer's remorse from the psychology professor.

Sigall: "For example, if you can avoid responsibility for the decision (“I was lied to or cheated,” or “Anyone would have made the same choice.”), a bad decision can be reconciled to your belief that you are a good decision maker.

Besides our own psychological discomfort, we don’t want to admit our buyer’s remorse to others for fear that they will think us stupid or incompetent."

Are you now gonna demand I tell you what Eddie said on Footy Classified? Question

Again poetic license on the interpretation. You say he's unhappy but there's little context. Even in what you've quoted above. Would he likely have preferred 4 years at $400k, absolutely. As would I. Does that by extension necessarily make either Korda or myself "unhappy" with the 7 year deal. No.

Yeah, I'm happy to admit I'm adding a bit of sauce to my comments. Maybe you could make the same concession instead of making claims as though statements of fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: