Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley’s book

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
MagpieWhisperer35 wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Will his shameless cashing-in on the Club never cease? 300k to sit in the jungle not enough for him?
Must have an expensive lifestyle, two families to support after all

Ridiculous and typical of Aussies we just love shooting down our superstars envy wont help you how sad but maybe your'e being sarcastic......
you must know him personally to be able to judge him so readily?

You've raised an issue that makes me shake my head in disbelief - how posters can make character/personalty judgements of our significant Collingwood football identities, past and present, when they don't know them personally Confused
It's different to commenting on their footballing abilities or related football roles, as these are the only things we can judge first hand, because we can directly observe them..
Aah well, as you suggest, perhaps it's driven by envy? I tend to think that such derogatory comments discredit the poster far more than the subject
Wink

This is what I mean about some Collingwood supporters. He's in rarified air of being one of the top five Collingwood players of all time ever to pull on the boots. Ok it didn't quite work out as coach but it wasn't through lack of trying. In fact he certainly sacrificed his coaching career last year when he rebooted the team. He deserves to be treated with respect by the supporters. If he wants to appear on Celebrity Get Me Out Here that's his business, none of ours. Don't watch the show if you don't want to. If he wants to write another book, again that's his business. Don't read his book if you don't want to. And if he wants to appear as a spectator at any Collingwood games and I see him in the crowd, I'll be one of the first ones to go and shake his hand. That's my business.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:24 pm

100%, I really don’t get the negativity
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:00 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

This is what I mean about some Collingwood supporters. He's in rarified air of being one of the top five Collingwood players of all time ever to pull on the boots. Ok it didn't quite work out as coach but it wasn't through lack of trying. In fact he certainly sacrificed his coaching career last year when he rebooted the team. He deserves to be treated with respect by the supporters. If he wants to appear on Celebrity Get Me Out Here that's his business, none of ours. Don't watch the show if you don't want to. If he wants to write another book, again that's his business. Don't read his book if you don't want to. And if he wants to appear as a spectator at any Collingwood games and I see him in the crowd, I'll be one of the first ones to go and shake his hand. That's my business.

Another post from MBFC that I totally agree with - ALL of it. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:43 am

I met him at South land yrs ago, for a book signing, for his then new book, that had just come out. We had a brief chat, and he was a really nice guy, he signed my book an put a nice personal comment on it, "To Steve, 50 years a Magpie, now and forever". He could not have been nicer, though i guess the Bucks detractors cant handle that truth.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:47 am

PyreneesPie wrote:

Another post from MBFC that I totally agree with - ALL of it. Wink

Yep, good post.

Had short yarns with the man on numerous occasions over the decades, a nicer bloke you will never meet.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm

It would be much better if the book was written next decade.
Enough for the water to pass under the bridge.
Writing a book and sitting out in the paid jungle immediately after he left reeks of opportunity.

No grace or humble attitude there
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:46 pm

What? Utter crap! Good on him!

How about some of you watch the show and we should all wait to read the book before potting it!

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Bux would have made 10 million bucks as a coach.
He made millions more as a player.
It is just crass capitalism cashing in ASAP on your
past positions.
I don't ever watch reality shows and never will.
I won't buy his book as I am not interested in it.
The last book I read was the biography on Bob Rose.
What a humble man he was.
I could not see Bob Rose cashing in on his position
like Bux has.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:49 pm

^ FMD, here were go again!! Someone making judgements about the personal motivations of a Collingwood figure without ever having known them or even spoken a word directly to them (yes, I am making an assumption here). Sheeesh!!!!

Seeing as it is beneath some people to actually watch the man on this reality TV show before casting judgements upon him, take it from me that in the last episode, he has openly, honestly and humbly acknowledged the mistakes he made during the H episode. A sizable amount of grace and humility were apparent.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:39 am

He's not fit to hold Bobby Rose's jockstrap!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:06 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
^ FMD, here were go again!! Someone making judgements about the personal motivations of a Collingwood figure without ever having known them or even spoken a word directly to them (yes, I am making an assumption here). Sheeesh!!!!

Seeing as it is beneath some people to actually watch the man on this reality TV show before casting judgements upon him, take it from me that in the last episode, he has openly, honestly and humbly acknowledged the mistakes he made during the H episode. A sizable amount of grace and humility were apparent.

this!

gees there are some really nasty people here! cashing in? WTF? maybe he wanted a challenge? have you watched it, it isnt a picnic! im actually really enjoying the conversations.

who cares how much money he makes? he is not doing anything degrading or hurtful to anyone else. gees is it green season?

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:17 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
MagpieWhisperer35 wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Will his shameless cashing-in on the Club never cease? 300k to sit in the jungle not enough for him?
Must have an expensive lifestyle, two families to support after all

Ridiculous and typical of Aussies we just love shooting down our superstars envy wont help you how sad but maybe your'e being sarcastic......
you must know him personally to be able to judge him so readily?

You've raised an issue that makes me shake my head in disbelief - how posters can make character/personalty judgements of our significant Collingwood football identities, past and present, when they don't know them personally Confused
It's different to commenting on their footballing abilities or related football roles, as these are the only things we can judge first hand, because we can directly observe them..
Aah well, as you suggest, perhaps it's driven by envy? I tend to think that such derogatory comments discredit the poster far more than the subject
Wink

Beautifully said MatthewBoydFanClub

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 am

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

this!

gees there are some really nasty people here! cashing in? WTF? maybe he wanted a challenge? have you watched it, it isnt a picnic! im actually really enjoying the conversations.

who cares how much money he makes? he is not doing anything degrading or hurtful to anyone else. gees is it green season?

I dont watch it at all but i did see a snippet when he was discussing the Harry O, Lumumba, fiasco, and he seemed really sorry that it all happened to Lumumba, said if he had his time again, he would have handled it very differently, he thought at the time, Harry was bit radical, but he was too harsh on him, he regrets all of it now. Hes tried contacting Lumumba to try to re connnect and work things out now, put it behind then, by he got no response, unfortunately. Bucks seemed very humble about it all now, was remorseful from what i saw him say. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:43 am

masoncox wrote:
past positions.
like Bux has.

Didn’t Bob leave the Pies to go play in the country for more coin?

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:16 am

dalyc wrote:
masoncox wrote:
past positions.
like Bux has.

Didn’t Bob leave the Pies to go play in the country for more coin?

Bob Rose left Collingwood because the club refused to help him get a house for his young family.
Back then the Club had a policy of paying each player peanuts.
In fact a peanut each.
Bob being captain got an extra quid per game which went straight to the bar for a beer each for every player after each game.
Bob Rose was Collingwood's greatest ever player and greatest ever person.
He never sold his soul for a bucket of money.
He went to Wangaratta to have a roof over his head for his family.
Big difference between him and Bux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: