Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Eagles.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
Unfortunately, the WCE probably has the best forward line in the competition (Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Ryan and now Pettrucelle.
I don't think we should be making bold changes to our defence under these circumstances.
WCE has Yeo, Hurn and Shuey out. Absence of Yeo and shuey will give us a little relief in the midfield.
If McRae is ready for AFL, i would bring him in to our midfield and drop Callum Brown. We will need a big body to compensate for Tay, so Greenwood replaces him. It is hard to suggest dropping WHE now, as he played a much better game against GWS.

It does shit me that's its gonna be another 2 change game, emphasizing the fact that Buck refuses change unless injuries force his hand.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
The reasons we won last time was Cox’s first quarter and our ridiculous accurate kicking. The destroyed us out of the middle with centre square clearance goals every other time there was a centre square bounce (start of quarter or post-goal). This could get ugly...

We're not stupid enough to ruck Cameron against them this time, though, are we?

Unfortunately the AFL has not imposed a cap on stupidity at our club.

Everything is stacked against us this week so it's time for your boy to stand and and show us what he can do. Hopefully he's had the time to watch some Tim English videos to learn a few things about running hard forward, marking and kicking goals. Before you scoff, after 4 games this year English is leading on goals scored 8-0 and in marks taken 29-13. Grundy is killing him on hitouts but as we all know, that means nothing.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Not even the most optimistic part of me can see us winning, only a loss by a margin of 15 -20 points. My pessimism says a loss by 30 points or more.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm

These Eagles and their supporters have disdain for those of the ‘Eastern States’.

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear: "A Fool lies here, Who tried to hustle the East."

Rudyard Kipling, The Naulahka
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Yeah I can remember the old days when they used to wear “Kick a Vic” T shirts at the state of origin games. They were fun days when Vics used to kill them by 10 + goals each time at the G.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:28 pm

We play such an unattractive brand of football they might even shove this game on 7 mate and keep BHG on the main channel.

They could be without Hurn but our only glimmer of hope is if we can somehow keep them to 10 goals or less.

Pep 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Eagles will be without Hurn (possibly) and Shuey (who normally destorys us) and they will no doubt make some changes from their loss to the Saints.

Grundy will need a big performance against Nic Nat, eagles can't handle fast ball movement as proved by the Saints, and we can't bomb the ball in like normal.

This game will require a change in tactics, bring 3 changes, Adams can be replaced by JDG or Greenwood who provided some attack on the ball when he came on against the Giants.

That means, Henry, Rusco (whom I'm overly convinced on) Macrae or Poulter can possibly come in without messing up our team too much.

At some point can McMahon or Murphy give us what Nik Cox has given Essesdon? (similar sized players)

This is our backs to the wall performance like last years final against the Eagles, Cox to give them nightmares again!!
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Last week I said it would be a season defining match.

I think that was a fairly correct statement.

This week, I say it will be a season ending match.

DEATH TO BUCKLEY ( as a coach ) DEATH TO BUCKLEY

Predicted loosing margain : 88-122 points

Advanced Prediction : This match will be the Great-Undoing of Darcy Moore as a CHB

I dont know who will come under more scrutiny after this match however!

Buckley or Grundy, the way Grundy has been playing, he is basically being fed to a Lion this week...

Good luck trying to defend him this week Pies4Shaw

Last edited by Rosolino_Leone on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:26 pm

If my memory serves me correctly (questionable Wink ), when we last had the three ruckmen in the team in a pre-season practice match, Coxy kicked 3 as did Cameron.

Nic Nat is in career best form in the ruck contests, so I don't think it really matters who rucks against him, he will win the majority of hit outs. You'd hope that Bucks and Harvey would have a plan for the mids to counteract this at ground level.

Bring Cameron in and have rotating centre bounce ruckman. That might even wear Nic Nat out a bit Wink Have Grundy drop into the back half (he doesn't seem to like going into the forward line much anymore - low on confidence?). Have Darcy patrol the forward half (he's a reasonable kick for goal). Leave Coxy in the goal square for most of the game and FFS deliver it to him properly.

Also, T Brown in for C.Brown.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:

Advanced Prediction : This match will be the Great-Undoing of Darcy Moore as a CHB

I'd like to see Darcy given another opportunity in the forward line too, but until we can develop another tall back to replace him (Keane, Kelly?) , that option is not available.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Buckley sees the light

Collingwood by 21 points

Darcy Moore 8 goals
JDG 5 goals

Collingwood odds drop 34-1 to 13-1 overnight

Alex 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm

We just need to play our best 22 and see how it goes. Macrae, T Brown, Greenwood in for Adams, C Brown and Sier.

Move Pendles to HB, Sidey to HF, and run a mid-field of:
Grundy-Maynard-Quaynor-Daicos-Greenwood-Mayne-T Brown-Macrae.

We need to be kicking in front of Cox so he can get a run and jump at it, we cant afford to be booting it in against McGovern and Barass. De Goey and Mihocek need to be getting 1 on 1 opportunities and Sidebottom, McCreery and Thomas at Cox's feet.

We really need to play perfectly if we are going to win, but even with this forward set up I cant see us kicking enough goals to win against Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Ryan and Cripps.

Eagles by 3-5 goals.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:51 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Rosolino_Leone wrote:

I'd like to see Darcy given another opportunity in the forward line too, but until we can develop another tall back to replace him (Keane, Kelly?) , that option is not available.

respectfully i disagree, we need a forward target, our backs are good and if they dont have to work so hard due to having a forward target, we can cover him, hes paid too much to be in the backline.

that Westcoast final left us all shell shocked, the boys stood up and played their own game, id love to see them set free again, not sure what happened but they didnt pay the tic tac toe around the outer, the backward shit, they attacked like they had nothing to lose. set em free and we are a 5 goal better side, let them try, let them think, the previous seasons records show we are not this bad of a team. confidence and trust IMO are at an all time low.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:58 pm

maybe we have to play JDG as a 90% midfielder this week. Somehow, we have to have a plan for Grundy. We can't just let him go in there with the same modus operandi. Bucks keeps saying that Grundy's major quality is to also play as a king size midfielder. How can we exploit this more so we dont get destroyed at the centre clearances,?
grundy also has to lift around the ground and take a few marks. He hasnt been doing that much lately.
Unfortunately, but one must state the truth, alot rides on how we can use Grundy, and how Grundy himself responds to the challenge.
With JDG in the midfield, Elliott out it is hard to see where we are going to get goals from. We will obviously need to move the ball fast to have any hope. If it is possible for us to prevent a tsunami of West Coast I50's from the centre (ie if the game is such that we are holding them off in the midfield) would it be possible to move Moore CHF for a while? I see that move as only a temporary possiblity, if we are stabilising the defence.
It is hard to see where our goals are coming from. But fast ball movement, and aggressive unpredictability (not exactly words associated with Bucks game plan though) will be essential if we are to have any chance whatsoever.

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:12 pm

I actually think this is a great game for Grundy to stand up and resurrect his standing with the pies faithful. Under the pump, expected to be beaten by Nic Nat.

Grundy BOG, pies by 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: