Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Josh Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

" Daicos has the ability to find space, the same low centre of gravity and precise kicking skills with both feet"

Great. A recruit who can kick.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
There will be a riot if we don't draft the son of Daicos.

I'm open to leading the villagers with pitchforks and torches to storm the Holden centre.

every village needs an idiot so know your role, play your role.

Great to here, I have the court jester outfit for you already purchased. Kids size 8, hope it's not too big. Razz Wink

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Be great if he was out No.1 pick and gets to wear 35.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 pm

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

I'm open to leading the villagers with pitchforks and torches to storm the Holden centre.

i haven't seen him play. presumably he can play. given our plays for treloar and aish selecting sod suggests to me we will not be overly active at the draft in november.

I trust Derek Hine will get in contact with you before he makes a decision Very Happy

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:46 pm

stoliboy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

i haven't seen him play. presumably he can play. given our plays for treloar and aish selecting sod suggests to me we will not be overly active at the draft in november.

I trust Derek Hine will get in contact with you before he makes a decision Very Happy

so he should. Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:51 pm

stoliboy wrote:

Only IF he is good enough and we don't know that yet

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Dangles wrote:
" Daicos has the ability to find space, the same low centre of gravity and precise kicking skills with both feet"

that rules him out of our team.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Dangles wrote:

I'm worried he won't fit in.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
While there can be debates as to who is the greatest Collingwood player of all time, from amongst champions like Daics, Thompson, Greening, Rose, Carman, Coventry, Pendles, Swan, Bucks etc. imo, there can be no question at all as to who is our most loved player of all time - Daicos by a country mile. There was just something indefinable and emotionally empowering about the Macedonian Marvel, which transcended way beyond his obvious skill and ability as a footballer. We can admire any number of players, but the feelings for Daics can only be called love. To think that we may be about to recruit his son, brings back the tingling feeling I got every time I saw Daics go anywhere near the ball. If Josh is half as good as his old man he'll be an absolute champion. I just pity the poor kid will forever be compared to his old man. Then again, who knows, Gary Ablett Jr had to deal with the same unfair burden, and he seems to have coped alright.

I think that you are just reflecting your age, Rude Boy. A lot of people who were teenagers or young adults in the fifties seem to love Bobby Rose most of all. I rather think that people who were teenagers or young adults in the 90s might feel that way about Buckley.

However I do agree with you that we must recruit Daics' son. I hope that he will be able to carry the burden of a famous father as well as Ablett Jr does. I think that Ted Whitten junior had problems. If he had been named Ted Smith his career would have been rated much higher than it was.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Yes, recruit him, as long he's not like his uncle Victor.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

"Swoop" Rod Orborne's son was once picked under F/S. Never made it. Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
"Swoop" Rod Orborne's son was once picked under F/S. Never made it. Rolling Eyes

there's a few to add to the list that didn't quite get the desired result.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Lazza wrote:

I'm still pissed we never recruited Tredrea's son.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:

there's a few to add to the list that didn't quite get the desired result.

True. Stewart, Starch's and Ned Kelly's first sons, son of a former ruckman (Hug?), Tuddy's son played a few games, as did Graeme Shepherd's son Heath and Fellowes son Wes.
More recently Mark Orval's son, Monky's son, Ronnie McKeown's son, Ricky Barham's son etc.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:50 pm
Post subject: Welcome to Collingwood, Josh DaicosReply with quote

Welcome back, Daics Wink

Quote:
Selection No. 57 Josh Daicos

Position: Small forward
Height: 178cm
Weight: 69kg
Born: 26/11/1998
Recruited from: Oakleigh U18

The son of Collingwood champion Peter Daicos, Joshs talent is untapped but he could be one of the best small forwards in the pool. Daicos didn't take long to show his talents as a smart and crafty small forward, bursting onto the scene in the TAC Cup practice matches early in the year. After being held back from elite under 18 programs until this season, Daicos had relatively little exposure but has come on with every appearance. A broken hand threatened to interrupt his championships, but he returned to play three games for Vic Metro and show his class and creativity around goal.

What they say

"Obviously he has had just one year within our program. I reckon he peaked around championships time and we were probably a little disappointed with the end of his season. He has serious skill, a very good footy brain, and we would have liked to have had him in the program a bit longer. He doesnt look that quick out on the ground but his GPS data stacks up quite well. He lacks a yard of speed but his footy nous alleviates that. The sidestep he has learned from Dad, and there are a lot of similarities with Peter great goal sense and the footy brain with the way he sees the game" Craig Notman (Oakleigh Chargers talent manager), Inside Football, November 2016.

"While he has played predominantly as a small forward this season - he bases his game on Port Adelaide livewire forward Chad Wingard - Daicos is determined to improve his fitness base in order to spend more time in the midfield. One of the most unique aspects to Daicos game is his goal kicking technique. He barely generates any momentum during his run-up, opting to slowly step towards his target. But then as he kicks the ball on his preferred right boot, his leg swings dramatically across the left side of his body, rather than following the straight trajectory of the footy." Ben Waterworth, Fox Footy, November 2016.

"Callum and Josh Daicos spent a week with us during the pre-season and it great to have them down. They are fantastic young men. They really thrived in the environment here. Just having them around was first class and both them threw themselves into it flat out. Nothing was too hard. Even when they fell short, they dusted themselves off," Nathan Buckley, 5 April 2016.

" Josh has got class and a nice lateral first step but the real highlight is his beautiful kicking skills. He entered the TAC Cup this year after playing at Camberwell Grammar and early in the year he showed he had some seriously special qualities" Anton Grabic (Vic Metro coach), Herald Sun, 15 June 2016.

Hes a very skilful player, he gets a lot of the ball, he works hard and always makes good decisions, Callum Brown (contemporary and son of Gavin Brown), Herald Sun, 7 October 2016.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-11-25/welcome-pick-no-57-josh-daicos

Derek Hine on Josh Daicos:
Quote:
"Josh is a clever small forward with plenty of tricks around goal. It was great to finally select him and Callum (Brown) together. He was coming from a little bit behind, having elected to play school football, but that's all part of the futures market again."

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-56Fhm2RY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOTb1FCWJok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSlIW1wQUmY

Articles:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-22/josh-daicos-one-of-many-fatherson-prospects-on-the-radar-this-year

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21   

Jump to: