Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tom Hawkins, Ty Vickery...next Jesse White

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you can implant two big balls Jane will be Jane.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 pm

SwansWay wrote:
I think we look a much better team when he's in the side. Not every player needs to be a star or magnificent contested mark to contribute and I think this year he's shown more aggression and competes really well in 50/50 contests. He can also hold his own in the ruck. He's a dangerous and unpredictable player with a little X-factor in a side that's sorely lacking that kind of thing.

He not going to be the kind of player who dominates week-in, week-out but all we want from him is to play a role. I still think he'd be damaging if he played mostly off a wing. You've got a guy who can be a good second target up forward, play ruck and in my opinion, play on a wing. That's more that can be said about most other players who can only play their one position.

It's time people start focusing on his strengths rather than his weaknesses. Glass half empty / half full. I think it's half full and he's going to be an important part of our next finals push. He's also not very injury prone which is very important too.

A great way to view this. Nice post.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:21 am

Shame Blair doesn't have White's physical attributes.
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 pm

he is a fairly reliable kick for goal,everyone has their moments,the shot against the hawks he missed was a result in him being on the ball at the time winning the hitout and sprinting the lenth of the g only to end up on the end of it,was never going to kick it,i feel he is worth persevering with good 3rd tall/ruck save moore going in and getting smashed up
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:44 am

Yesterday, Leigh Matthews looked at the team stats with and without Jesse in the side and it seems he are on average a 3-4 goal better side with him in the team this year. I think something like 65 points with no Jesse White and 84 with him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 am

Had his best game for the year yesterday. Still think he needs to have a run more often as an on-baller (ruck and/or ruck-rover) even if it's 1 or 2 stints a game. Some of his clearance work yesterday was sensational. Do worry about him being the outlet kick receiver as he tends to stop and prop and struggles to identify options but that aside he could be very damaging and hard to match up on as a RR.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
Had his best game for the year yesterday. Still think he needs to have a run more often as an on-baller (ruck and/or ruck-rover) even if it's 1 or 2 stints a game. Some of his clearance work yesterday was sensational. Do worry about him being the outlet kick receiver as he tends to stop and prop and struggles to identify options but that aside he could be very damaging and hard to match up on as a RR.

I'd like to see him up on a wing. Often you can see that he wants to release the shackles and run!! Yesterday was the best example of that.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Hard to really believe that one game could save a career but yesterday J White may have done just that. Even people on Nick's board gave him votes!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:31 pm

In what way?
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:40 pm

In that he did more than just present yesterday, he took a couple contested marks as opposed to simply getting his hands on them, he ran off breaking the lines and he showed more signs that he has a footy brain to go with his undoubted natural ability. Career saving game might be a bit oveer the top admittedly but who knows what the couaching group were thinking prior to this game. Couldn't help but be impressed by him yesterday.
His ruckwork was more than solid also.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:42 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Hard to really believe that one game could save a career but yesterday J White may have done just that. Even people on Nick's board gave him votes!

Did everyone see the stat before the game that we're a 4 goal better team with White in the team? I dare say us fans - particularly those really ripping into him - might find he's not going anywhere. Our average when White wasn't playing was about 68 points I think. With him in we're up over 90 points. Even yesterday... yeah we lost but again ... 90+ points.

I think it's clear Reid will be back in the backline in 2016 so that removes him as a replacement for White. Moore is going to be an absolute rippa and Cloke, is well Cloke.

Also the fact that so many of us keyboard warriors seem to think there are "better" roles for him than a forward target. If we think that then there's a good chance the coaches do too.

Of course I could be wrong!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: