Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick cribbs & Macarthy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see whether Cripps/Cribbs /Crabbs and Paul MacArtney stand upright long enough to play in finals.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:55 am

Do you like talking to me?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 am

or more importantly, why haven't Scharenberg and Freeman made All Australian 6 times, played in 3 Premierships, won 2 Brownlows and produced 8 father/son prospects yet?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:25 am

Because they are soft, outside, go-home sorts of players.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:13 pm

I have a shocking record at recognising young talent, having been convinced that both Heater and Swanny would never play senior footy.

So having fessed up to that, I've got to say that of the little football I've seen (this year and last) from both Scharenberg and Freeman, nothing has screamed out at me as 'future gun' players. On the other hand, from the first moment I saw De Goey I could see a future Nat Fyfe.

I'm probably wrong, and clearly most commentators rate Scharenberg as a future star, but I just wondered what other Nicksters have seen in these two lads. It's so rare to get 2 top 10 picks in the same year, so let's hope we've made the most of them. I'm happy to be patient with both lads, as they've had shocking runs with injuries so far, but I'd feel better about it if I'd seen glimpses of brilliance from these guys last year or this year. So far nothing has excited me about either of them. Then again wtfwik?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Truth is we've been terribly unlucky with both of them, their major long term injuries have seriously set back their development and we are yet to see if either can overcome these issues.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Sharenberg has shown a great ability to read the play & has elite kicking skills.. He has come off a knee/foot injuries so he is expected to be rusty. He hasn't done anything of note in the vfl but last week he was ok. Best game he played.

Freeman has done absolutely nothing in his limited vfl games & is diaposal has been ordinary

Out of the 2 I would say freeman is the big concern. Sharenberg need to sign up & he may be heading back to SA.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 am

TimetoFly wrote:
Sharenberg has shown a great ability to read the play & has elite kicking skills.. He has come off a knee/foot injuries so he is expected to be rusty. He hasn't done anything of note in the vfl but last week he was ok. Best game he played.

Freeman has done absolutely nothing in his limited vfl games & is diaposal has been ordinary

Out of the 2 I would say freeman is the big concern. Sharenberg need to sign up & he may be heading back to SA.

It's interesting you say he's an elite kick. I've watched him plying in the VFL a few times and his kicking seems rather ordinary. He tends to sky the ball somewhat, rather than kick long and low. I've made allowances for him, given his injury record, but honestly I haven't witnessed any elite kicking from him. I hope I'm wrong about him, because I was very excited when we drafted him, but now I'm a bit concerned.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 am

I'd say leave this sort of concern to the Richmond supporters who still beat themselves up over missing Pavlich for Aaron Fiora and Richard Tambling ahead of Buddy Franklin and Jordan Lewis.

Let's sit back and see what these boys can produce with a couple of seasons of football in them first

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 am

What intrigues me about this thread is how much some genuine supporters seem to have invested in the Club being in a state of calamity.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
What intrigues me about this thread is how much some genuine supporters seem to have invested in the Club being in a state of calamity.

Never a truer word said. You are absolutely spot on. Some of us have been confronting and challenging such views here (from the "perceptive fellow", perpetually negative nellies, Buck’s haters, Eddie bashers, club white ants etc) for years but then getting flamed by other numbats saying that we don’t allow for other opinions!! FMD, if I said that Collingwood was a crappy bloody club with dimwit ferals as supporters and that Nick's is full of wankers, that would be an alternative view as well but I would very much expect to be flamed.... Shocked

Some so called magpie fans posters love nothing other than to see Collingwood in crisis. Go figure…………. Rolling Eyes

Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
This doesn't require a weekly thread. Until Freeman and Scharenberg play there's nothing on which to update our views.

As before, I'm happy with our picks. I'd take both Scharenberg and Freeman ahead of Cripps. McCarthy has looked pretty good so far but has not really been tested and has not yet shown much contested marking ability. At the time of the draft we actually needed mids more than talls.

You can't predict injuries. McCarthy and Cripps had just as much chance of being injured as Scharenberg or Freeman (though Matt did have pre-existing issues). They still may be.

Love your passion, but that's a big statement AN_Inkling. Right now, Patrick Cripps is the best youngster - on exposed form - in the land. An inside/outside mid influencing games off his own boot...in Carlscum's only two wins of the year, he's been clear best on ground. To have Scharenberg ahead of him is ambitious. To have Freeman ahead of him is fanciful. I can however see both our players hopefully outperforming McCarthy. Scharenberg's going to be a special player and needs to be re-signed as a priority. I see Freeman as being possibly a better option than the less physical Paul Seedsman on a wing, if he can get/stay on the bloody park. Fingers crossed that we get to see both these guys debut soon as the reality is that by the end of the season, other boys from the same draft (eg. Tom Langdon) will already have played 40 senior games more...

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:01 pm

What's Cripps' "exposed form" - two acceptable games out of a total of 12, so far? Cf, say, Tom Langdon (taken in the same draft) who has played 30 quality games already, or Josh Kelly, Jack Billings, Marcus Bontempelli etc etc. There are over 40 players taken in that draft who have played more football than Cripps, so far - many of them are rookies. You simply have to see how this pans out over the long haul.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Cripps has that 'x factor', I would give up #1 pick for him.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Cripps has that 'x factor', I would give up #1 pick for him.

pick 13 in a pretty decent draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: