Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Set Shot Improvement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having Cloke taking the majority of set shots certainly helps
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Tannin wrote:
Who took the set shots? Without counting, I'd suggest that more than half of therm came from Elliott, Fasolo, and Pendlebury. The first two are excellent kicks for goal and Pendlebury, while not in their class, is better than average.

Plus, we were lucky on the day. Another time, the exact same game with just the set shots revisited (by some time travel magic) might have left us five or six goals the poorer. So, yes, a clear improvement, but some of it is down to luck.

Another factor to count into consideration is the position from which the shots were taken. Again without counting, it seems to me that a lot of the shots were from good scoring positions, more than normally so. This suggests to me that the new forward structure is working: we are getting the pill into someone's hands 30 out and in the corridor instead of 45 out and on the bloody boundary all the time.

Did you see White's set shot from the boundary. exquisite.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm

E wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Who took the set shots? Without counting, I'd suggest that more than half of therm came from Elliott, Fasolo, and Pendlebury. The first two are excellent kicks for goal and Pendlebury, while not in their class, is better than average.

Plus, we were lucky on the day. Another time, the exact same game with just the set shots revisited (by some time travel magic) might have left us five or six goals the poorer. So, yes, a clear improvement, but some of it is down to luck.

Another factor to count into consideration is the position from which the shots were taken. Again without counting, it seems to me that a lot of the shots were from good scoring positions, more than normally so. This suggests to me that the new forward structure is working: we are getting the pill into someone's hands 30 out and in the corridor instead of 45 out and on the bloody boundary all the time.

Did you see White's set shot from the boundary. exquisite.

Seems to be a bit of a sweet spot for him, he's slotted a few of them now.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Not having Cloke taking the majority of set shots certainly helps

Very True Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: