Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hird and Bucks, media views em differently, why ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holdencaulfield 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hird was a great player but as a coach he is yet to prove himself.
He will be defined by the Supplements Saga until or if he succeeds as a coach.
I am of the view that WADA will come to a different outcome at the end of their investigation than that which the AFL came up with. That could spell the end of Hird's career
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:32 pm

haters gunna hate.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Dangles wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Screw the media. The fact of the matter is of "the big three' Voss was sacked, Hird has disgraced himself and Bucks is doing a good job. Speaking of the big three I always thought our assistant coach Robert Harvey was criminally underrated as a player. He was every bit as good Bucks, Hird and Voss.

underrated by whom? 350+ games, two brownlows.

The media. When they were playing the media used to talk about the big three" meaning Bucks, Hird and Voss. Should've been "the big four" with Harvey included.

The quick answer is -
Voss, Hird, Buckley, all controlled games of football. The game could be won or lost by the actions of these 3 men.
Harvey accumulated possessions. Lots of them yes, but rarely influenced games of football like the other 3. A great player, but when talking the best of the best, he is correctly placed a rung behind.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Sellers says "Hird can't coach"

That's twice in a week from him.😂

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Dangles wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Screw the media. The fact of the matter is of "the big three' Voss was sacked, Hird has disgraced himself and Bucks is doing a good job. Speaking of the big three I always thought our assistant coach Robert Harvey was criminally underrated as a player. He was every bit as good Bucks, Hird and Voss.

The media. When they were playing the media used to talk about the big three" meaning Bucks, Hird and Voss. Should've been "the big four" with Harvey included.

The quick answer is -
Voss, Hird, Buckley, all controlled games of football. The game could be won or lost by the actions of these 3 men.
Harvey accumulated possessions. Lots of them yes, but rarely influenced games of football like the other 3. A great player, but when talking the best of the best, he is correctly placed a rung behind.

Hmm. This would probably take more analysis than i have the time or energy to commit to. But when you look at all their individual stats Harvey stacks up very well against them.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Dangles wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Dangles wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:

The quick answer is -

Hmm. This would probably take more analysis than i have the time or energy to commit to. But when you look at all their individual stats Harvey stacks up very well against them.
Stats don't tell the whole tale, the King Monkey is correct, Harvey can run all day and rack them up but rarely turn a game off his boot.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Ibumped this because surely, surely, after tonights debacle against the cats, the media pressure, spotlight has to now come on the golden boy Hird. If this was Bucks leading us to that shocking loss, the media would be having a field day, commentators would be putting the boot into him. Its not the drugs saga, as moron darcy tried to allude too, they had it last year, all season, yet under a decent coach in Thompson, made the finals. Its Hird himself, i just reckon hes a lousy coach, sits there bewildered half the time, and the sucks in the media just wont go him yet, surely the pressure has to come on him now, full on, after tonight . ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Yep, everyone except the Hird apologist, drunk Robbo.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Bucks is conditioned to it like all Collingwood player, supporters, servants and coaches. Any new about Collingwood is good news. Any bad new about Collingwood is great news.

The longer the Turd is coaching the Bummers the longer they are going nowhere. The Turd is king. Long live the king. Twisted Evil
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:18 am

I think the tide is clearly turning on Hird. Mainly because he is failing at his job.

As for Bucks I would say the media view is all positive. Do you watch AFL360? He appears there every Monday night and is regarded extremely highly. Bucks has many friends in the media. He is way in front of Hird in those stakes (plus he can coach without trying to cheat Very Happy ).

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:52 am

Bucks is the consummate professional.
Hird makes me laugh, he sits in the box like a kindy kid whose had his toys taken off him. I love it 😂😂

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:46 am

Footy show today giviing Turd Hird and Bummers excuses, unreal, they just dont get it they had a terrific coach in Thompson , yet Hird threatened to sue them if he got sacked, for millions and they buckled too him. Now its falling apart but nobody in the media, perhaps aside from Caro, has the guts too bring that up.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:55 pm

I have friends who don't support the pies and many who hated Bucks as a player, but to a man, they all regard him very highly with his insight and attitude towards the media as a coach. He has turned some haters into admirers, not a bad effort.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:45 pm

Dangles wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Dangles wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:

The quick answer is -

Buckley was the most damaging by foot and prolific ball winner.

Hird was great at clutch goals.

Voss a great leader.

Harvey imo was on par with Riccuito and Crawf, (tbh I think Voss is on this rung too but thats another argument), all great players and champs of the game.

Imo Buckley was hands down better then all of them, not a single one of them could of carried a team on their shoulders like Buckley did through the Un-Shaw years. Not one of them could use the ball remotely as well.
Buckley was also the most versatile.

If any player is criminally underrated it is one Nathan Charles Buckley.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:49 pm

It is amazing how the Bomber supporters have made so many excuses for Hird. Then there's the media who won't put any pressure on Hird because of what 'he and his players have been through'. But if their bad form and losses keep mounting then the supporters will eventually turn on him. Losing lots of games and not enjoying going will change their minds about their lousy coach. Already some supporters are snapping out of their delusional state and realising he is not a coaching messiah and that their list is very unbalanced. Their midfield is still lacking depth and most of their playmakers are old, slowing down and nearing the end of their careers. This is a club who has had no idea where it is at. It has topped up with rejects in case of player bans and now has a coach who won't play the best young players, not that they have many of those. They are headed the way of the Blues next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: