Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks reported for striking.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the charge exactly? A round arm to the head?
He should have got stuck into him with an elbow to the face -
that is allowed - especially if the player is knocked unconscious
as well.
Personally I think there was nothing in it - only an attempt to
spoil the mark but we may as well prepare ourselves for the worst.
1. Report a Collingwood player - get lots of media attention.
2. Collingwood player gets suspended. Every other team's supporters are ecstatic and will turn up to the next game hoping
they'll beat us without our best player.
3. Collingwood supporters - namely US - will still turn up regardless of who we are missing.
4. AFL wins all round.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 4:16 am

I think it's ridiculous that Nath has been reported for an incident which occurs several times in every match (and normally goes unnoticed). There were a couple of incidents later on in our game which appeared to be similar, and there was an identical one in yesterday's game between Port and West Coast (in the 3rd or 4th quarter). All of these went virtually without punishment (there may have been a free kick paid but that's all). Hopefully the pies chase up videotape of these incidents I'm referring to (and also use Luke Darcy's charge from last week as a precedent). It's good to be prepared, because who knows what the Tribunal will decide on the night - it is Collingwood after all (and we've been crucified so far this season)!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 7:25 am

Someone just posted on FTO about the incident I was trying to recall from yesterday's Port v. WC match:

Very similar incident to Buckley's in the Port/WCE game yesterday involving Lade. Umpire paid a quick free kick, had a quiet word and play went on with WCE player rubbing his head. No malicious intent involved, no report, no 50m penalty. Why can't we get umpires like that.

Eddie, grab yourself a video copy of this incident! It'll clear Nath for sure!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: