Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Same Sex Marriage ban being challenged in court!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:

As far as being that friggin stupid, maybe I am cos I don't get where your going.

Oh really, which part? I told David in my post that he does "back-flip" insults. I just read a post by you in the general section that is exactly what I'm referring to (back-flip insult)..you can read it here-->

stui magpie wrote:
FWIW I'm with David and Nuxta. I've never met Joffa so wouldn't know if he's a good bloke or not but that's irrelevant.

He's over enthusiastic, eternally optimistic, over zealous and totally one eyed. Lots of worse things you could be.

yeah, he comes on and boosts up young kids. That's better than bagging the sh1te out of them.

He comes on before games and posts ridiculous predictions and bags the other teams (in a fun sense not vitriolic) and when we get pumped it blows up in his face. Does he sook for the next month? No, he dusts himself off, wipes the egg off his face and does it again.

While I do cringe a bit at some of the things he says, I admire the guy for his passion and enthusiasm. I don't consider it arrogance, it's blind optimisim.

Lets all give away any optimisim or enthusiasm and admit that our team are crap, the coach is crap, the president is crap, the lexus centre is crap and lets all just devote every thread to bagging the sh1t out of the club we supposedly support. If all it takes is a little bagging on an interent forum to make a team play like superstars we should win the next 10 premierships as long as no one dares say anything positive.

..however, you'd probably call that satire.

stui magpie wrote:
And I only play well with others when I choose to.

That's nice Stu, I wish you well.

P.S David, I'm not going to respond to via PM..so don't hold ya breath for a return call.. Smile

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:20 pm

I don't get why you have to be hetro to get married, but then I'm not a religious man, but ffs this is the year 07 and it takes all sorts, who is the church, the government or joe blogs down the street to dictate to others how they live their lives and who they live them with?
???
it's a f*cked up world

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:49 pm

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

As far as being that friggin stupid, maybe I am cos I don't get where your going.

Oh really, which part? I told David in my post that he does "back-flip" insults. I just read a post by you in the general section that is exactly what I'm referring to (back-flip insult)..you can read it here-->

stui magpie wrote:
FWIW I'm with David and Nuxta. I've never met Joffa so wouldn't know if he's a good bloke or not but that's irrelevant.

He's over enthusiastic, eternally optimistic, over zealous and totally one eyed. Lots of worse things you could be.

yeah, he comes on and boosts up young kids. That's better than bagging the sh1te out of them.

He comes on before games and posts ridiculous predictions and bags the other teams (in a fun sense not vitriolic) and when we get pumped it blows up in his face. Does he sook for the next month? No, he dusts himself off, wipes the egg off his face and does it again.

While I do cringe a bit at some of the things he says, I admire the guy for his passion and enthusiasm. I don't consider it arrogance, it's blind optimisim.

Lets all give away any optimisim or enthusiasm and admit that our team are crap, the coach is crap, the president is crap, the lexus centre is crap and lets all just devote every thread to bagging the sh1t out of the club we supposedly support. If all it takes is a little bagging on an interent forum to make a team play like superstars we should win the next 10 premierships as long as no one dares say anything positive.

EBB it can often be hard to gauge sarcasm or whatever on an internet forum. Which makes me wonder why you think you're such an authority on this?

In case you were wondering, I meant every word I wrote earlier in the topic. And in case you were wondering, I have specific personal reasons to be passionate about this issue. But why do I have to defend myself anyway? You clearly don't like me, so I'm sure you will assume what you like.

Quote:
P.S David, I'm not going to respond to via PM..so don't hold ya breath for a return call.. Smile

Do what you want. If you aren't prepared to stand up and justify your accusations, so be it.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:56 am

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

stui magpie wrote:

stui magpie wrote:
And I only play well with others when I choose to.

That's nice Stu, I wish you well.

OK, I've never heard of the term "back-flip insult" before. Did you coin that one? I take it to be similar to a term I am familiar with, "back handed compliment"

Regardless, yes I would call what I wrote about Joffa satire by painting his so called negatives into what I considered a positive. Intent does lose a littlle in translation sometimes here.

If David or anyone else chooses to use a particular tool of expression more than others in their posts, I fail to see why that could annoy you so much.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:20 am

MagpieMad wrote:
I don't get why you have to be hetro to get married, but then I'm not a religious man, but ffs this is the year 07 and it takes all sorts, who is the church, the government or joe blogs down the street to dictate to others how they live their lives and who they live them with?
???
it's a f*cked up world

Have to agree.
I've yet to see how a same sex marriage affects the life of any other citizen. So what is the problem?
I will expect the religious right to counter with the "2 mums, 2 dads" argument. I actually think that people who have to adopt children care for them more than people who don't.
Plenty of evidence to show that people who are allowed to breed without restriction can make awful parents.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
If David or anyone else chooses to use a particular tool of expression more than others in their posts, I fail to see why that could annoy you so much.

And the main trouble is that I don't even believe I use this so-called 'back-flip insult', even though I'm not quite sure what it is.

I think what EBB is possibly talking about is the thing where you say something you disagree with, but make it sound ridiculous, as a way to discredit it? If that's what he's suggesting, well, he's wrong. My older brother always used to do that, and believe me, it's friggen annoying.

But if that's not what he's talking about, I'm lost. And seeing as how he's decided not to explain himself, I guess we're to be kept in the dark Confused

member34258 wrote:

I actually think that people who have to adopt children care for them more than people who don't.

That's a big call. How could you possibly make a generalisation like that? (I mean yes, I can see some theoretical reasons, but you could also argue the opposite just as easily)

I agree with the rest of the post.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:24 pm

David, have you, or do you know anyone who have had to adopt?
If you had the slightest clue as to what these people have to endure, in time, money and invasion of privacy, you could not even question my statement.
These people really want to have a child and are prepared to make the sacrifices to bring up a decent human being.
Unlike a large proportion of our population who just have sex and pop out kid after kid to collect the baby bonus (and a new plasma TV!).
Go to your local Shopping centre if you don't believe me.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:59 pm

member34258 wrote:

Yeah I do actually, Member.

Quote:
If you had the slightest clue as to what these people have to endure, in time, money and invasion of privacy, you could not even question my statement.

I'm not doubting this. But what about the sacrifices that genetic parents make for their children? You can't diminish that.

No, I don't doubt that there are bad parents out there, and OK, most of them are probably non-adopting parents. But then again, only a small minority adopt kids, so I don't know exactly how you could make a comparison anyway.

I still take issue with your claim though that adopting parents are 'more caring' than non-adopting parents. By that logic, parents with both adopted kids and genetic kids should favour the former. Could you really prove this? Certainly in past times it hasn't been the case (adopted kids being sent back to orphanages etc).

BTW I've never bought the idea that people have kids to get the baby bonus. The things cost so bloody much that it's probably not worth it anyhow Wink

Makes me wonder if you can exchange siblings for money...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 pm

member34258 wrote:
These people really want to have a child and are prepared to make the sacrifices to bring up a decent human being.
Unlike a large proportion of our population who just have sex and pop out kid after kid to collect the baby bonus (and a new plasma TV!).
Go to your local Shopping centre if you don't believe me.

As a generalisation, I agree with you, but wanting children that badly doesn't on it's own make you a good parent. I've read about people who were adopted as a baby and had a crap time. There's probably a lot more who love their adopted parents dearly.

Wanting children, whether you adopt or go thru IVF, use a turkey baster or just pump em out doesn't make you a good parent. Making sacrifies for them once you've got them isn't always enough either.

theres a lot of factors that go to making up a good parent. Wanting kids is only a part of it and wanting to be a good parent is a bloody good start but is no guarentee of success.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:12 pm

You will be the first to know if I have done it.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Hal, I wasn't aware that you could "do" it Wink
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Smile I have seen 2001 once.
member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Quote:
BTW I've never bought the idea that people have kids to get the baby bonus. The things cost so bloody much that it's probably not worth it anyhow

From friends who work in the electronic/whitegoods industry I can tell you a lot of the baby bonus gets pumped through the retail outlets.
Always thought that the bonus should be made in drip fed vouchers targeting specific stores/goods. Would have thought that the voucher system would also be a powerful tool to be used to offer big discounts by retailers to have their names attached.
Just a thought.
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm

I don't care.
member34258 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 am

Just on "generalizations" David wrote;
Quote:
I am suggesting that Rudd should be representing his 'half' of Australia better.

So Rudd's "half" includes all the homosexuals? That the result to be drawn from this statement considering it referred to Rudd joining Howard in opposing same sex marriage.
I think you may be surprised just what constitutes Howard's "half".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: