Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match: Pies v. Bombers - All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Daks is a Champ wrote:
If we can hold Lloyd to only a couple of goals which we should easily do, we r gunna win this one easily... essendon are wayyyy too overrated and always go into games with too much confidence!

What's that about going into a game with too much confidence?!

Seriously, we didn't have anyone who could stop Lloyd last time (or Hird for that matter) and he's in better form now than he was then. No one will hold him to less than five goals easily; if they do they'll have had a damn good night. No one is taking more contested marks right now than Lloyd, and certainly no one is kicking as straight.

Essendon cleaned us up good and proper on Anzac Day and quite a few reckon we're the overrated ones. And there's only one way to turn those perceptions around.

In short, don't get cocky.

Weed

rosspies 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:11 pm

Maybe not the correct spot to add this in. But is anbody else frustrated that Channel Nine are not going to show a sold out game live on Friday night.

I am shocked as I thought the rule was still in place of if a game is sold out it is televised live. I could not give a s^$$ about Burke's Backyard and i doubt many other Collingwood or Essendon supporters that missed out on tickets to the friday night game do either.

Is there a spot to get together a petition or something to get Nine to show the game live?
Joe 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:12 pm

Will to say that Essendon have not beat anybody is not quite right matey as they qave us the beating of the year at the G earlier.
They still have alot of talent in that list.
They could be the dark horse of the finals,we hope not though.
It wil be a great game.
RAY 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:14 pm

Laughing Weed
Anzac day was a long time ago ,and many a goal has been scored since then. We have come a long way since that fiasco and have started to earn the respect we deserve by winning games.

Your only as good as your last win, so lets not get over confident but remain positive and focused, and let our football and most of all the final score do the talking.

'Can the AFL or Essendon please issue Matthew Lloyd with a spokesperson, as he quite possiblilly is the dumbest speaker/talker i've ever herd, he as fluent as Mick Martyn

And the Collingwood Juganaut keeps jug-jug jugging along

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:26 pm

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying we can't win. We can. But we definitely WON'T if the boys don't treat Essendon with a bit more respect than they're getting from a few people here! If they think it's going to be easy, it will make Anzac Day 2003 look, in sporting terms, more like Gallipoli 1918.

Thankfully, I don't think they'll be taking it easy. It'll be a ding-dong game.

Weed

Joe 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:30 pm

the_weed wrote:
Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying we can't win. We can. But we definitely WON'T if the boys don't treat Essendon with a bit more respect than they're getting from a few people here! If they think it's going to be easy, it will make Anzac Day 2003 look, in sporting terms, more like Gallipoli 1918.

Thankfully, I don't think they'll be taking it easy. It'll be a ding-dong game.

Weed

Well said weed.
They have two of the best players to ever grace the fields,to take them lightly would be a four point mistake.
Malty wont let that happen again.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:48 pm

Bucks posted this in another thread, which has been locked:

BUCKS

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:42 pm

Post subject: The line up I think will face Essendon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
B: Johnson ~ Wakelin ~ Clement
HB: Holland ~ J.Cloke ~ Lonie
C: Scotland ~ Burns ~ Woewodin
HF: O'Bree ~ Rocca ~ Williams
F: Didak ~ Tarrant ~ Walker
FL: Fraser ~ Buckley ~ Licuria
INT: Shaw ~ Cole ~ Prestigiacomo ~ Lokan
EMERG: Molloy ~ McGough ~ Davis ~ McKee

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:21 pm

We won't be taking Essendon lightly and I agree we must show respect however I would like to point out a few things.

1. When we played Essendon last time we did not have the form we do now.

2. When we last played them, our defense was not settled. Compare the points against us after the break compared to before the break.

3. Dutchy - new player as far as Essendon are concerned.

4. Dids - in form

The thing that does bother me is that we played away from home in wet, hard conditions. They played indoors. I hope we recover in time. Hird is a factor...Jimmy Clement will go a long way to us winning this one.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:22 pm

Mick won't let the players get cocky, hasn't in the past.

This will be a tough match and we will have to be at our very best to win. Essendon have smacked us the last 2 times we have played them.
topdon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:39 pm

Blanch wrote:
We won't be taking Essendon lightly and I agree we must show respect however I would like to point out a few things.

1. When we played Essendon last time we did not have the form we do now.

2. When we last played them, our defense was not settled. Compare the points against us after the break compared to before the break.

3. Dutchy - new player as far as Essendon are concerned.

4. Dids - in form

1. Neither did Essendon
2. Neither was Essendon - went in without Dustin Fletcher and Sean Wellman
3. Not if he gets rubbed out.
4. Lloyd is better form.

0/4

Good board by the way!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:46 pm

I feel Essendon are red hot at the moment. They have the ball carriers to exploit us, the forward to kill us and the back line to stop us.

This is a test game for both sides, if we are up to it we will win, if not we won't. I know that's pretty simple, but we have to play 4 solid quarters for this week. If the Bombers win they are genuine Premiership contenders and good luck to them.

As far as what happens the next game, this is the first hurdle.

We strike an in form side who beat a pathetic team and we had a hard slog in the wet against an interstate team interstae. They will be fresh, but we will be ready for them more than Anzac day due to who we have played in the past few weeks.

And I forget to add the umpire that will crucify us on his last ever game.

All in all it points to an Essendon win, they will go in the short price Favorites and that's all I want.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:51 pm

i just wish they would show the game LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!. I mean,its the last friday night game of the season,so all those burkey fans can watch him to their hearts content next week onwards. I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!. channel 10 showed the game live last week(even in tassie,when it said all week 7.30pm,i was shocked when i suddenly saw it say 7pm). So,if channel 10 can get it done,then surly channel damn 9 can do it to.

I've always thought this game was bad considering at the beginning of the year,i looked at the draw and saw that we have to play the dons. I mean god,i wasn't looking forward to it at all and now that the lions don;t really need to turn up to play the dogs this week,its a worry but hey like malthouse has said'we can only play the sides,they put us up against'. I just wish it was vs 1 of the lower sides not the dons.

*if we derserve to be there,we will*-another malthouse quote.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:51 pm

There is a simple rule of thumb....

You shut down a midfield and no forward will kick goals regardless of how good they are...

Hird cannot be allowed to run around without a man on a half back flank again, as we witnessed on anzac day...

Our midfield was smashed in its entirety with the exception of Buckley last time .... No backline is going to stop a midfield who keep pumping the ball back in over and over again....

If we win in the middle this mob will be gone for all money... They are too dependant on key players...
topdon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:53 pm

tessa403 wrote:
Here we go .... Attention Mods...... X3 for this one.

Umm .. is it againt the rules to post on this board if you are an opposiion supporter? It was hardly a troll!

There is some decent football discussion going on here and just thought i'd make a contribution. Whats a footy board without conflicting opinions?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:01 pm

Can't stop Burkes Backyard only that happens if it was the Tennis (Yawn).

My Simple rule is if everyone beats their opponent then your half way to winning.

It's going to be a great game and so it should be.

Malthouse's quote as previously posted is exactly how I feel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: