Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grundy's turnovers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quincy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Tim English was good last night, too.

He was soft compared with the Dee rucks.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:56 pm

Quincy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Tim English was good last night, too.

He was soft compared with the Dee rucks.

No Quincy... he was being sarcastic to me.
Long running dispute between me and P4S.
i said i would trade English for Grundy.
Well English let me down last night.
But the jury is still out on this one.
English would need a big improvement in the next year or 2 for me to be proven right.
So P4S has had the last laugh on this for 2021
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:59 pm

He has a long career ahead of him and he will, no doubt, perform much better than that in big games.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He has a long career ahead of him and he will, no doubt, perform much better than that in big games.

Don't go soft on me now p4s.
Stick the boots in when you can.
After all it is Nix and we have a long tradition of mud slinging.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 pm

neil wrote:
^ If Eddie is unhappy about Grundys salary why did he and the board sign off on it?

Yes, I agree. He and Korda (whose quotes also show he's unhappy) have no right to whinge about Grundy contract. No one forced them to sign off on it! It's weak and unprofessional. Our club needs to be more professional.

Eddie and Korda are obviously suffering from buyer's remorse. Gotta wonder if the board feared member backlash if Grundy were traded. That's not the right way to run a footy club. They should never have interfered and put pressure on the footy department to re-sign him.

"Human beings continually make decisions, large and small; afterwards, there are consequences. Have you ever bought a car and later thought you had bought the wrong car, taken a job and then thought it was the wrong job, ordered a meal at a restaurant and then regretted your choice? Sometimes our decisions don’t lead to desirable outcomes and we wish we had made different choices. When this happens we are experiencing buyer’s remorse.

Such dissonance reduction usually cancels out or moderates feelings of buyer’s remorse. Sometimes it leads us to repurpose our buyer’s remorse for defensive purposes. For example, if you can avoid responsibility for the decision (“I was lied to or cheated,” or “Anyone would have made the same choice.”), a bad decision can be reconciled to your belief that you are a good decision maker.

Besides our own psychological discomfort, we don’t want to admit our buyer’s remorse to others for fear that they will think us stupid or incompetent."

(H. Sigall, Psychology Today)
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:31 pm

masoncox wrote:
i was going to start a new thread but decided to keep it here.
I was going to give a poll about whether you would prefer luke Jackson or Grundy for the next 6 years on the same salary as Grundy currently gets.
No brainer to me.....Jackson

If in doubt, please start a new thread. Stuff about Grundy's mega-contract is already getting a bit off the main topic. Posts about Tim English are largely off topic. (Assume the same will happen for Jackson.) And some Grundy apologists try to hijack the thread by talking about Treloar --- which is obviously completely off topic.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 am

jackcass wrote:
K wrote:
% scoring chains (SC) started for their clubs vs. turnovers leading to opposition scoring shots (SS)...

Ruckman || SC commenced | oppo SS from turnover
(name) || (%) | (%)
Sean Darcy || 8.2 | 1.4
Nic Nat || 7.9 | 2.6
Shane Mumford || 5.0 | 1.2
Reilly O'Brien || 6.8 | 1.2
Max Gawn || 6.7 | 6.0
Luke Jackson || 2.8 | 2.6
Scott Lycett || 5.6 | 2.3
Peter Ladhams || 3.4 | 2.4
Brodie Grundy || 3.2 | 6.9

*2021 to 6 July

Source? Link?

Still waiting for the source?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:47 am

K wrote:
Yes, I agree. He and Korda (whose quotes also show he's unhappy)

Is that an observation on his general demeanor or specific to Grundy? Love to see the quotes that led you to these conclusions.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:51 am

K wrote:
^^ I have posted it many times in the past on this forum. (This was two years ago!!) It was in a radio interview, which was reported widely by other media. He did not declare his exact salary. He gave a specific minimum amount the claimed salary was wrong by. If what he said is true, this year he was paid less than $685,000. His reward is now being a drought-breaking premiership captain.

As for Grundy... It'd be crazy for him to go on the attack against the media (which he did) but not tell them they got his salary wrong if they did. D'ya reckon Grundy is crazy?

Grundy: “If I can be quite frank, my contract - that discussion happened more than 12 months ago and it’s a bit tiring to hear that be recycled constantly.

“The reality is I’m a Collingwood player and I’m going to be here for the next seven years, so it’s time to keep up with the times, I think. Keep up with the pace of the journalism, it’s a bit tiring.”

And if you watched Footy Classified this year, you'll know Eddie is obviously unhappy about Grundy's salary, and he does know exactly what it is.

But, again, this is not the contract thread... This thread is more about Grundy's atrocious clangers.

Wow, you just love interpreting things in a way that suits your perspective. So it's all just guess work but Gawn was open and frank and Grundy was full of shit. Got ya. Come back when you've got some actual evidence rather than just speculation.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm

jackcass wrote:
Wow, you just love interpreting things in a way that suits your perspective. So it's all just guess work but Gawn was open and frank and Grundy was full of shit. Got ya. Come back when you've got some actual evidence rather than just speculation.

No, you're just coming up with silly stuff I never said.

How is Grundy "full of ****" when he never denied the reported salary?? Shocked

You're into crazy talk now.

It's not Gawn alone of all footy players being "open and frank". None of the footy players is comfortable telling lies, so they almost never do. You are the one accusing Gawn of lying. It's up to you to give some "actual evidence" that he told a huge lie. It's not up to me to get some evidence that he's not lying.

Come back when you can present a sensible argument.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
K wrote:
Yes, I agree. He and Korda (whose quotes also show he's unhappy)

Is that an observation on his general demeanor or specific to Grundy? Love to see the quotes that led you to these conclusions.

Again, there have been many Nick's posts on this topic in the past. It's not my fault if you've been living under a rock and missed old news.

Let me borrow (and modify) Grundy's words: “... that discussion happened more than 5 months ago ...

... it’s time to keep up with the times, I think. Keep up with the pace of the journalism, it’s a bit tiring.”

But here is the Korda quote.

Korda: “Would we have liked to negotiate a four- or five-year deal? Yes. Did the competitive market push that out? Yes.

“For some times, you’ve got to make a decision. We clearly would have liked a lesser thing, but that was - we are where we are and we signed it off."

It's funny looking at it again after the quote on buyer's remorse from the psychology professor.

Sigall: "For example, if you can avoid responsibility for the decision (“I was lied to or cheated,” or “Anyone would have made the same choice.”), a bad decision can be reconciled to your belief that you are a good decision maker.

Besides our own psychological discomfort, we don’t want to admit our buyer’s remorse to others for fear that they will think us stupid or incompetent."

Are you now gonna demand I tell you what Eddie said on Footy Classified? Question

Last edited by K on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:41 pm

K wrote:

Eddie and Korda are obviously suffering from buyer's remorse. Gotta wonder if the board feared member backlash if Grundy were traded. That's not the right way to run a footy club. They should never have interfered and put pressure on the footy department to re-sign him.

Did they also suffer from sellar's remorse, when Treloar, Stephens and Phillips were arseholed out the door? Also due to their ineptitude?

K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Dyso, they probably suffer from lots of stuff! e.g. cognitive dissonance.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:51 pm

K wrote:
Dyso, they probably suffer from lots of stuff! e.g. cognitive dissonance.

You got me there - I had to Google the terminology!
It took a Dilbert cartoon to shed some light though Surprised

K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:52 pm

piedys wrote:
You got me there - I had to Google the terminology!
It took a Dilbert cartoon to shed some light though Surprised

Dyso, it was in the Sigall article I quoted before (about buyer's remorse)! I just didn't quote the bits on cognitive dissonance.

There have probably been too many pointy-haired bosses in Collingwood's admin. That's why "we are where we are".

Now you've got me curious about the cartoon.

Was it this one?

https://dilbert.com/strip/1999-09-08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: