Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHE, Thomas, Madgen, Callum Brown and Mayne are all fringe players now imo. Based on their form, none of them should have any expectations of playing seniors every week. I don't know the readiness of our youngsters, but if they are ready to go, then I'd happily welcome them to replace any/all of these players.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:35 pm

^ ID bring in 2 kids this week, if we can, first gamers, WHE really needs a spell in the VFL, maybe Thomas too. Kids can freshen up a side, youthful enthusiasm, look at the Swans, get games into em now.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm

JDG IS ROBIN

MOORE IS BATMAN

QUAYNOR is potentially our next superstar midfielder

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
We have this ridiculous argument that you should only play a first gamer when they’re ready to play senior footy. No first gamer is ready to play senior footy in their first game. After they’re played around 50 games of senior footy, then they’re ready. Till then they’re learning the game. A first gamer is ready to play senior footy when they get recruited to the list. The club recruiter has deemed them ready. Otherwise the recruiter made a mistake in recruiting them.

I’m not sure I would like to be the one going to the leadership group after after week three of a six month season and telling them “ thanks for working your butts over the pre season but we’ve decided that picking the best fit team isn’t our priority any more “
The end is in sight for Pendles, Sidey, Howe and I wouldn’t think they continue to do all those hard pre seasons just to launch a couple kids careers ahead of schedule. If you want to lose your ( senior ) players, then start handing out games to kids who haven’t earned their stripes.
We’re one win from three games into a 23 week season. Right now you still owe it to all those players who have done the hard yards for a number of years, to continue to select the “ best fit “ available. You don’t owe draftees anything but you do owe your senior players the best opportunity of playing finals until that possibility no longer exists.
I just don’t get it. If they’re good enough, they will play soon enough but I don’t see any joy at all in watching a a kid go around who is well out of his depth.

There’s only one thing you owe and that is the people who sponsor the club and the membership base, a premiership. That’s how coaches are measured and the quickest way of delivering a membership is by playing the youth of the club and incidentally the best way of rewarding our great servants of the game in Pendles and Sidey is to integrate them with the youth coming up rather than bog them down with teammates whose time has come and gone have failed to deliver for them.

Well I’ve never heard a player yet who says he plays the game to integrate with youth. Premierships, yes but not for the joy of playing alongside kids.
You won’t stand any chance of a premiership while you don’t have 100 % effort and buy in from the senior playing group. The moment they don’t think selection is fairdinkum, human nature suggests there will be a drop off.
We can go around in circles but Melbourne F C can attest to compromised selection integrity better than anyone.

No one will convince me these guys do yet another hard pre season to play alongside kids who can’t either a ) run out a game b ) hold their ground in any contest c ) simply don’t understand ANY of the game plans or even d ) all of the before.

The real irony will be when one of our kids comes in plays well and everyone will say “ see, I told you we should have played him weeks / months ago “
In truth, it will be because the club picked him at the right time to succeed rather than the wrong time to fail.

It's good to have supporters who parrot the line that the club puts out, which kinda reminds me of Stalinist Russia. But since you're twisting every word I wrote can you raise me a decent argument that a 32 year old Greenwood or Mayne, both of who lost a yard of pace last season, will be holding up the premiership trophy in 2021.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
JDG IS ROBIN

MOORE IS BATMAN

QUAYNOR is potentially our next superstar midfielder

Yeah, I've been suggesting Quaynor be shifted to the midfield for a while now. He has all the required attributes - clean hands, fast, powerful, terrific kick, good decision-maker and a genuine line-breaker. I'm sure we can fill his spot in defence with another player, but surely it's time now to genuinely shake-up our midfield with an injection of X-factor.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:56 pm

Yeah, I've been suggesting Quaynor be shifted to the midfield for a while now. He has all the required attributes - clean hands, fast, powerful, terrific kick, good decision-maker and a genuine line-breaker. I'm sure we can fill his spot in defence with another player, but surely it's time now to genuinely shake-up our midfield with an injection of X-factor.[/quote]

I think I am more excited about the possiblity of Quaynor on ball than Moore in fwd line

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:00 pm

^

All of a sudden next season we have Quaynor and Nick Daicos blitzing through midfield

* Salvitating and drooling on keyboard *

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Quaynor should play C. Brown's role. Chalk and Cheese

Put Chugg in now to takeover Quaynor's pocket.
Chugg played in winning GF against Men, I think he can hold the spot and worthy enough to develop him there.

Madgen out..Oliver Henry in

WHE out , MCCreepy in

Macrae gotta be in...Id take offensively timid T.Brown out in a heartbeat

Soon there's 6 more players who will likely be screaming 'try me'... we must start now
Soudie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Can anybody shed some light on Rantall? I there a page with VFL game stats?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
We have this ridiculous argument that you should only play a first gamer when they’re ready to play senior footy. No first gamer is ready to play senior footy in their first game. After they’re played around 50 games of senior footy, then they’re ready. Till then they’re learning the game. A first gamer is ready to play senior footy when they get recruited to the list. The club recruiter has deemed them ready. Otherwise the recruiter made a mistake in recruiting them.

I’m not sure I would like to be the one going to the leadership group after after week three of a six month season and telling them “ thanks for working your butts over the pre season but we’ve decided that picking the best fit team isn’t our priority any more “
The end is in sight for Pendles, Sidey, Howe and I wouldn’t think they continue to do all those hard pre seasons just to launch a couple kids careers ahead of schedule. If you want to lose your ( senior ) players, then start handing out games to kids who haven’t earned their stripes.
We’re one win from three games into a 23 week season. Right now you still owe it to all those players who have done the hard yards for a number of years, to continue to select the “ best fit “ available. You don’t owe draftees anything but you do owe your senior players the best opportunity of playing finals until that possibility no longer exists.
I just don’t get it. If they’re good enough, they will play soon enough but I don’t see any joy at all in watching a a kid go around who is well out of his depth.

There’s only one thing you owe and that is the people who sponsor the club and the membership base, a premiership. That’s how coaches are measured and the quickest way of delivering a membership is by playing the youth of the club and incidentally the best way of rewarding our great servants of the game in Pendles and Sidey is to integrate them with the youth coming up rather than bog them down with teammates whose time has come and gone have failed to deliver for them.

Well I’ve never heard a player yet who says he plays the game to integrate with youth. Premierships, yes but not for the joy of playing alongside kids.
You won’t stand any chance of a premiership while you don’t have 100 % effort and buy in from the senior playing group. The moment they don’t think selection is fairdinkum, human nature suggests there will be a drop off.
We can go around in circles but Melbourne F C can attest to compromised selection integrity better than anyone.

No one will convince me these guys do yet another hard pre season to play alongside kids who can’t either a ) run out a game b ) hold their ground in any contest c ) simply don’t understand ANY of the game plans or even d ) all of the before.

The real irony will be when one of our kids comes in plays well and everyone will say “ see, I told you we should have played him weeks / months ago “
In truth, it will be because the club picked him at the right time to succeed rather than the wrong time to fail.

It's good to have supporters who parrot the line that the club puts out, which kinda reminds me of Stalinist Russia. But since you're twisting every word I wrote can you raise me a decent argument that a 32 year old Greenwood or Mayne, both of who lost a yard of pace last season, will be holding up the premiership trophy in 2021.

I thought I did it explain it. Those players you mentioned have plenty of faults but the the selection committee who has watched over the list for last 6 months obviously thinks the kids have even more shortcomings right now.
The club would like nothing more than to a trial a kid who is around the mark.
However, there’s way more value in picking a kid when he’s a chance to succeed, rather than when he’s a certainty to fail.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:12 pm

Soudie wrote:
Can anybody shed some light on Rantall? I there a page with VFL game stats?

If you want stats, you'll have write them down when your watching at Victoria Park

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
JDG IS ROBIN
MOORE IS BATMAN

And Rosolino Leone is obviously the Joker 🤓🥸🤪

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:32 pm

So disappointed that there’s expected to be minimal changes and more of a focus on ball movement. What rubbish, clearly happy to have weekly passengers getting a free ride. I’m so glad I’ve got a 40th Saturday night.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Big T wrote:
Look at recent history from 2010.

How many grand finals have been won by so called novice coaches?

Hardwick, Clarkson, Simpson, Beveridge, etc.

How many have been won by experienced coaches?

Malthouse. Who else? None.

Why are we obsessed with experienced coaches from previous afl sides who haven't won premierships?

Lets get Phil Jackson. #triangle.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:22 pm

If it was me.
I would put IQ and Daicos on the wing
Move Moore to CHF.
Bring in Keane for the backline.
Instruct Grundy to smash the ball forward or wide to the left or right.
No more little taps to be only sharked by the opposition.
Kick out WHE and Thomas an bring in a couple of kids
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15   

Jump to: