Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope Jan is not happy at all!

When I go for a walk Im the three wise monkeys rolled into one, glasses so I am see far enough ahead the tomahawk missile bikes, hearing aid taped down and turned up too loud So I can hear them coming from behind, the tape is so I don’t flick it off with the bloody mask, I already lost one. So yeah eyes ears nose mouth all covered! Ugh

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:32 pm

^

Get one of those hiking poles. Also, walk like you're half dancing to music (ideally play some through headphones), swing those hips, don't go in a predictable straight line, dance like no one's watching.

If you're remotely as bad as me, any cyclist coming from behind will quickly conclude that you either have cerebral palsy; are on drugs; are insane or; are having an epileptic fit. Regardless they will give you a wide berth

David wrote:
Eh, I grew up in Canberra. I'm immune to aliens!

I demand that you be probed to prove conclusively that you aren't indeed an alien yourself. Reckon Nick Vlaustin is available?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:22 pm

i might try that, at the very least a brightly coloured stick - strong enough to take down wheels!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:42 pm

$$%^%%$ dumbass premier of this state continues to piss me off

Do you think he actually thinks about any decisions he makes or not?

Tells everyone to work from home, tells all school kids they have to work from home, then closes all stationery stores so if something goes wrong or you need something, bad luck! Printer run out of ink, bad luck for you, no work for a few days...

**** you Dan!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:47 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
$�$%^%%$ dumbass premier of this state continues to piss me off

Tells everyone to work from home, tells all school kids they have to work from home, then closes all stationery stores so if something goes wrong or you need something, bad luck! Printer run out of ink, bad luck for you, no work for a few days...

**** you Dan!

do what i did, and always do, order from officeworks, comes within 24 hours! and i always, always have another set ready to go

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:56 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

**** you Dan!

do what i did, and always do, order from officeworks, comes within 24 hours! and i always, always have another set ready to go

Or click and collect heaps of store options
https://www.officeworks.com.au/information/click-and-collect

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

**** you Dan!

But the ones I'm looking at you can pick it up on Thursday at the earliest or get it delivered by Thursday if you're lucky. Not readily available. But if the store was open I can get the one I desperately need right now from a store 3 suburbs away and just within my 5k radius!

I usually buy them when they're running low, but for some reason the yellow ink has run out before anything else even gets low! I bought my sister a new printer the day he announced stage 4 lockdowns and was going to buy spare ink with it because of this but they didn't have any!

Even last night had to run to Woolies and buy paper at twice the price of Officeworks!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 pm

be prepared boy scout! blind Freddie could see lockdown 4 coming!
i ordered $450 worth of staple items from coles in the week leading up to the announcement and 2 sets of inks from an ink place!

and see Morrigus post, heaps of click and collect options, Big W do it.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:50 pm

As I said, click and collect is great but it still takes time, they are saying two days on their website, compared to me being able to go and buy it when I need it.

Alcohol is essential, but supporting people working from home isn’t?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
As I said, click and collect is great but it still takes time, they are saying two days on their website, compared to me being able to go and buy it when I need it.

Alcohol is essential, but supporting people working from home isn’t?

Alcohol IS essential to support people working from home.

Why do you need to print anything?

My printer was playing up so I just work around it. If I need to physically sign a document and email it back, I've scanned my signature into a .jpg. Just insert that into a word doc, then convert the doc to a .pdf and email back the signed one. I can't think of any reason other than physically signing why you need to print something, Confused

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Well it shat itself whilst I was printing out worksheets for my 7 y.o nephew that his school have sent out

But sometimes I like to print Uni stuff to read or my work to check it over as I prefer printed stuff to reading online. I pay more for textbooks instead of ebooks for that reason.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 pm

That would suck. I get it preferring to read the paper but with a little effort you can get used to reading digitally.

My son has a 4 year old, his partner has a 4 and a 2 year old. He messaged me last week, she wanted a printer so she could print shit for the kids to colour in etc but officeworks had zilch. I found a $70 Cannon at JB with delivery within 7 days and ordered it for them. No click and collect in 20km let alone 5.

They live in Kalkallo. Great example of build a fuckload of houses and have no retail or other stuff there to support people.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Well it shat itself whilst I was printing out worksheets for my 7 y.o nephew that his school have sent out

But sometimes I like to print Uni stuff to read or my work to check it over as I prefer printed stuff to reading online. I pay more for textbooks instead of ebooks for that reason.

Awww poor darling, sometimes you like......

Seriously we are all giving up things we like, most of us are stressed out, I had a darling delivery driver from Dexion almost bring me to tears today with his kindness. It’s hard for all of us. But good comes from it too. I took a call while in physio today, I said I’m so sorry it’s 2 little old ladies I shop for, I’ll just tell them I’ll call them back. He was like wow it’s so good you do that. I’m like well no itswhat we all should be doing, but he was shocked. (He’s a cool dude, shame it wasn’t my back instead of my finger needing work!) I went to the bottle shop for a bottle of Jim to get me through tomorrow, seriously, no Moore?? And I had a lovely conversation with the dude at the counter about umpires! I mean he’s a essendrug fan, I don’t have footy conversations with them. At the supermarket I know the lady who was wiping trolleys, these was a lady in front, she looked like a Hollywood bag lady, bare legs thick red socks and brown moccos! She gave me a very strange look. And kept it up. I checked my fly. (First time I put jeans on in a month!) and Marlene says what did you do to her? Did you see that look? I have no idea, but we had a good laugh. The point here is communication. Any one who has met me knows I need to talk, I have a massive capacity to communicate with complete strangers!

It’s not just mother nature’s Karma. Maybe it’s a way of telling us all to slow down, think of others, really think of others. Realize your own shit may be small potatoes, and give thanks for your blessings. We all have to sacra bit. Maybe give someone else a hand, maybe get a bit of feel good from that. My dad deserves diddlysquat from me, today Dan Murphy delivered to him 2 bottles of his favourite scotch. And my FIL. Gets regular care packages, all done nicely with his name on, and when I deliver them, the staff get a packet of chocolate biscuits or a box of choccies. Give thanks. I’m sure I get weird looks but I have thankedevery single person who has served me in a shop, the receptionist at the physio, you name it! I asked the postie how he’s coping.

Instead of worrying about ink, why not read to your grandchild? For just 1 day. And tomorrow when you nurse your empty coffee cup, think about someone you love who ain’t doing to well, think about Warburton Lad, our fellow supporter, and a much loved poster, who revealed today in the footy thread he has an untreatable brain tumour. Is he worth that annoying mask? What is it 4 weeks 6 days? It’s a piece of cake. I’ll shout you a beer at the footy next year. But you will have to put up with my yapping.

Oh and by the way, no I’m not doing this well, not all the time, but I allow myself to grieve for a while, and then I think of something to be thankful for. Personally, I’m so healthy it’s scary, but my hubby has a compromised immune system, but he still fixing docks so you get your toilet paper, my kids are at times driving me batshit crazy, which I didn’t think was possible, but they are both healthy as hell, and here safe. Meanwhile a little 6 year old that stole my heart will be lucky to make it to Christmas, and she is still having to run the gauntlet at the RCH. Her lungs are shot, full of secondary tumours, she is already having trouble breathing. Think of that when you hang onto your empty cup. She’s 6.

Cheers, I’ve got a special pic to create for her 4 year old sister. Life is tough right now. For all of us, but for some, a hell of a lot tougher.

Lately, I’d reread this and probably delete it. But not tonight. Take what you want and toss the rest. This is me.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
That would suck. I get it preferring to read the paper but with a little effort you can get used to reading digitally.

My son has a 4 year old, his partner has a 4 and a 2 year old. He messaged me last week, she wanted a printer so she could print shit for the kids to colour in etc but officeworks had zilch. I found a $70 Cannon at JB with delivery within 7 days and ordered it for them. No click and collect in 20km let alone 5.

They live in Kalkallo. Great example of build a fuckload of houses and have no retail or other stuff there to support people.

I ended up buying them a cheap printer as it was all there was, its insane how short stock is in so much still from the 1st panic buying

Its one of the things I look for when wanting to move, what is easily accessible, its the biggest problem with the NSW border closure, Albury/Wodonga has basically everything with the right regional lifestyle, but when the border closes it's $%$ed as so many retailers only have a store in NSW!

It would probably be Dan's excuse for closing all these essential retailers as well, they aren't within 5ks of most people so they'd just be an excuse to travel outside the 5k bubble.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:37 pm

Jo, I get it, there are far worse people than me and there are people in a far better position from everyone else, like the state MPs who don't have to work and yet gave themselves a massive pay rise more than millions of Victorians probably even earn in a year.

But this is the what pisses you off thread, so this is my venting, so I don't go and take it out on someone

My Nan and Aunty are really struggling, haven't been to the shops since March, some weeks I rock up to do their shopping and they are really down, it's killing them. Nan is upset she ever moved out of home but there is no way she could have been alone during this. I usually bring them wine or baileys when I visit, give them booze to keep them happy!

Yet that one day a week they get some company, yet reading the current restrictions I'm suppose to just dump their shopping on the door step and leave, yeah right! Actually in the first lockdown that's what we were doing, but eventually as the first restrictions eased my Aunty let me in the door. It would be hard on them if we went back to that.

Her grandkids used to visit between lockdowns but she won't see him for 6 weeks so I'm all they've got.

So yes I know what it's like for others and I do my bit. I help my Sister and Mum out with shopping as well because I don't fear the shops and we're lucky out here that the risk is very, very low.

But it doesn't mean I won't have my rants about the moron running this state and these ridiculous rules. People who have seen my Facebook profile pic probably think I'm an anti masker, but I like to rant but cant afford a $20 fine at the moment let alone $200.

Last edited by eddiesmith on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 10 of 49   

Jump to: