Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What about cultural mayonaise David?

www.facebook/the hybernators
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Good with grated cheese and carrot!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

yeah and a little bit of silverbeat on the side

www.facebook/the hybernators
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 pm

The friends of that bloke have been spouting the same crap since it happened. However the publicans etc have all said that they were well behaved.

I wonder who is covering up for who?

Whether Scott was acting like a dickhead or not does not excuse the bloke that punched him. That bloke crossed the line by punching him in the back of the head. The punch also seems to have been pre-meditated by the look of the footage.

Also that stuff that this bloke's 'friends' have posted on various news sites is bordering on defamation if it can't be proven. These 'friends' are more than likely just Collingwood hating trolls, and probably don't even know the bloke.

Last edited by Joel on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Joel wrote:
The friends of that bloke have been spouting the same crap since it happened. However the publicans etc have all said that they were well behaved.

I wonder who is covering up for who?

Whether Scott was acting like a dickhead or not does not, but the bloke that punched him crossed the line by punching him in the back of the head. The punch also seems to have been pre-meditated by the look of the footage.

Also that stuff that this bloke's 'friends' have posted on various news sites is bordering on defamation if it can't be proven. These 'friends' are more than likely just Collingwood hating trolls, and probably don't even know the bloke.

"Let's make Headlines"

Who needs friends like that? Those weak scumbags knew what was going on.

Scott wants to move on so why can't we?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

The truth is, none of us know the details of what happened. However, there are two facts we do know:

Firstly, Pendles was cowardly king hit from behind.
Secondly, Pendles had been out 'fishing' with his mates all day and left a pub at 1.30am.

I just hope Pendles was not an obnoxious drunk.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Quote:
Ah, I think I hit the sweet spot - condemed by your own hypocritical words

Just because you are playing it safe and keeping your cards close to your chest doesn't make you any less of a wanker than you already are.

What would you do if someone punched one of your family or friends in head for no good reason ?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Quote:

Just because you are playing it safe and keeping your cards close to your chest doesn't make you any less of a wanker than you already are.

What would you do if someone punched one of your family or friends in head for no good reason ?

Maybe that old St Kilda thug Jimmy O'Dea has been giving out cowardly king hit lessons down that way........ Rolling Eyes
Wombat42 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Quote:

Maybe that old St Kilda thug Jimmy O'Dea has been giving out cowardly king hit lessons down that way........ Rolling Eyes

You may be right, Gippsland was an Aints zone Wink

Sadly, for a those that have that mentality in Lakes Entrance, a Sale boy is an out of towner. All hail the new tribalism Sad

Saying that Pendles is from down that way is like saying a Ballarat boy is a local in Bendigo - just wouldn't happen Wink

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:28 pm

David wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:
Why is everyone so angry these days? Every tiny little slight or comment becomes a massive problem. I feel like a lot of adults never progressed out of adolescence and they think the world's out to get them.

I feel exactly the same. I'd blame libertarianism and relative affluence, but that's just a theory. Or maybe people have always been this angry.

While alcohol is often behind a lot of this stuff, I see it as a bit of a cop-out. Barry Hall wasn't drunk when he punched Brent Staker, Shane Wakelin or that Adelaide player. A thug is a thug, perhaps just more so when drunk.

We also seem to have a lot of depression these days. I don't know though if the two things can be sourced back to some general cultural malaise, it's hard to say.

It's simple David. No one has anything really to believe in any more. No faith. No political platform. No big picture stuff. As we all know from trying to put a jigsaw together, if you don't have the big picture you're in a lot of trouble trying to work out where the pieces of the jigsaw go.

Materialism doesn't provide anyone with any big picture stuff. W. B Yeats put it best in one of the great poems of the 20th century, Second Coming:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Says it all about our society really.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Chinaman John M wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Collingwood players in trouble.

Joffa arguing for Prohibition.

Why do I feel I'm in a time warp? Confused

Because you are still living in the 1950's?

Ah, there's no apostrophe in 1950s CJM. Wink

It's a plural, not a sign of possession or contraction.
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

^ I would happily see the apostrophe banned. No-one knows how to use it any more! Razz

Jack, my views on religion are pretty complex, but I think I agree with your points more or less. Also note the lack of identifiable culture or community combined with individualism (and, for example, the consumerist aspects of that) in today's Western society. Back in the day people might have not done things not just because they were against the law, but because they would feel a socially-manufactured or religious guilt or face losing some kind of moral standing. I'm not necessarily saying those are good things, it's just a possible explanation for why things (may) have changed. Libertarianism seems to be the prevailing world view of this generation, and while I myself share many beliefs in common with that general paradigm, I cannot escape the fact that the essence of Libertarianism is selfishness and individualism. I have gradually come around to the viewpoint that Libertarianism is essentially an immature and potentially very ugly world view.

Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Once again , George Carlin hits the nail on the head as to why things are they way they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&feature=related
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm

lol, is that a stand-up gig or a sermon? Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Quote:

I'm guessing he'd jump on the Internet, go to the many bulletin boards he inhabits under many different names and randomly snipe at some people to make himself feel better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 87 of 137   

Jump to: