Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Lions swamp Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
With the year we have had, horrendous long term injuries-cue Brown and Reid-and many others like Elliott, swannie, plus playing a heap of untried kids, I would like to see the ole man, clarko, scott bros, lyon, etc do any better under these dire circumstances. Bottom line is, no coach could do any better with what he has at his disposal, as bucks has.

Of course they'd do better. Hell, we played a team missing 5 of their best players but they had a game plan, discipline, structure and have effective disposal. Something sadly missing in Buck's team.

Stop looking for ways to excuse Bucks for the shit happening at Collingwood right now. He selected his support staff, he decided on this new game plan, he decides what goes on at training. Simply put, he's fcuked it all up.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
We tanked against Port in the elimination final last year,

How in God's name could you even say we tanked in that final to Port? WTF would you tank in a final? WTF?

You are crazy as a man who ****s goats (your avatar).

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
God you're a pack of fickle sooks. Season was always going to be a development year, everything goes right and a couple of kids come on, we end up 4-5 and competitive against the best. Things don't go well and we end up missing finals. Okay, we've had to endure an horrendous season, we'll miss finals.

How an earth can you say this has been a development year when we have gone backwards a mile? The 2010 Collingwood team would whip this one by 150 points. Ditto the 2011 team at its best. The 2012 team would have beaten this mob by 80 points, and last year's schmozzle of a team would have won by 40 points. Face it. We aren't developing, right now we are the worst side in the competition over the past 8 weeks. Just look at the stats where we are last in almost all categories over that period.

If that's development, God help us! Rolling Eyes

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
With the year we have had, horrendous long term injuries-cue Brown and Reid-and many others like Elliott, swannie, plus playing a heap of untried kids, I would like to see the ole man, clarko, scott bros, lyon, etc do any better under these dire circumstances. Bottom line is, no coach could do any better with what he has at his disposal, as bucks has.

Of course they'd do better. Hell, we played a team missing 5 of their best players but they had a game plan, discipline, structure and have effective disposal. Something sadly missing in Buck's team.

Stop looking for ways to excuse Bucks for the shit happening at Collingwood right now. He selected his support staff, he decided on this new game plan, he decides what goes on at training. Simply put, he's fcuked it all up.

SO genius, by your criteria, last night, with five gone within minutes, somehow clarko, lyon, scott ect would have somehow, manufactured some miracle win, with five top players out ??. Get real, how can you have a game plan when your cattle to implement it has been literally decimated ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

That's patently untrue on several counts:

1. Clarkson has had to deal with a massive number of injuries to key players this year (including his own illness), and the Hawks haven't missed a beat. Obviously their depth is massive compared to ours (so much for our vaunted great list). They are the best managed club in the VFL/AFL over the past 50 years - undisputedly.

2. Ross Lyon has had a stack of injuries to key players at Freo over the past two seasons, but amazing isn't it that when he brings a new player in they fit like a glove into his meticulous game plan. The whole club knows it.

3. Chris Scott has dealt with a range of issues since taking over at Geelong, and yes they win all the close ones (including a flag in his first year). They also manage to blood new kids who actually show real development.

How on earth can you say Bucks has done as good a job under the circumstances as them, or that they could not have done better? They could and they do!

To be totally frank I'd say we are at least a decade away from threatening for a flag now. Our list will require a complete overhaul.

Piesnchess wrote:

SO genius, by your criteria, last night, with five gone within minutes, somehow clarko, lyon, scott ect would have somehow, manufactured some miracle win,

Not true again. We were 7 goals down when Cloke went off well into the second quarter and nearly 10 goals down when Beams went off. Reid went early, but like last week's game these personnel had no influence on the result. And last week Pendles and Beams got over 30 possessions. The way Brisbane played there is no way we were going to win that match even with all five stars playing. Our game plan is simply useless.

BTW Whatsinaname did not suggest any other coaches could have got a "miracle" win.

Last edited by collie dog on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

SO genius, by your criteria, last night, with five gone within minutes, somehow clarko, lyon, scott ect would have somehow, manufactured some miracle win, with five top players out ??. Get real, how can you have a game plan when your cattle to implement it has been literally decimated ??

What about the week before where we played a full game with Cloke, Reid, Pendles and Beams. How did that go? Any other of the current coaches would get more out of our team than the current spud I'm charge.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I thought we were the ones with our best five players missing.Did they have anyone out as good as Pendelbury,Elliott,Reid,Cloke and Beams?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:59 pm

collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

1. Clarkson has had to deal with a massive number of injuries to key players this year (including his own illness), and the Hawks haven't missed a beat. Obviously their depth is massive compared to ours (so much for our vaunted great list). They are the best managed club in the VFL/AFL over the past 50 years - undisputedly.

2. Ross Lyon has had a stack of injuries to key players at Freo over the past two seasons, but amazing isn't it that when he brings a new player in they fit like a glove into his meticulous game plan. The whole club knows it.

3. Chris Scott has dealt with a range of issues since taking over at Geelong, and yes they win all the close ones (including a flag in his first year). They also manage to blood new kids who actually show real development.

How on earth can you say Bucks has done as good a job under the circumstances as them, or that they could not have done better? They could and they do!

To be totally frank I'd say we are at least a decade away from threatening for a flag now. Our list will require a complete overhaul.

For starters, all those clubs you mentioned have far older lists than us, the pussies have nine guys over 30 yrs of age, for instance, and the Dockers are no spring chickens. As for the dawks, lets cue Mitchell, hodge, hale, lake etc, and on It goes, much older lists, we have the third youngest list in the League, that's fact. Aside from Guthrie and Murdoch, the cats kids the few they play, are not impressive at all, they win cost their old bastards like bartel, stevie j, Kelly, lonergan, taylor, etc etc, get them over the line time and time again, when those oldies all depart the cats will be rooted, nothing surer. So called fans such as you, and your namesake Jack was never as negative as you are, he had some nous at least, are impatient buggers who cannot handle rebuilds, blooding kids, and our kids by the way, like Langdon, frost, broomhead, witts, grundy, and when sharenberg and free man finally come in, show real development, much more than your dads army mob down at sleepy hollow land geelong.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I thought we were the ones with our best five players missing.Did they have anyone out as good as Pendelbury,Elliott,Reid,Cloke and Beams?

I think he gets a trifle confused mate, and means guys like akermanis, black, the brown dog Voss the toss , and pimple head Leppitch. Wink

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 pm

collie dog wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
We tanked against Port in the elimination final last year,

How in God's name could you even say we tanked in that final to Port? WTF would you tank in a final? WTF?

You are crazy as a man who ****s goats (your avatar).

You're saying it like it's a bad thing

http://nick.magpies.net/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1411685&highlight=pretty+obvious+rolled#1411685

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Even though losing that final helped us greatly in terms of draft positions, there is no way we meant to lose a final.

This week and the next two, however......

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:39 pm

collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
God you're a pack of fickle sooks. Season was always going to be a development year, everything goes right and a couple of kids come on, we end up 4-5 and competitive against the best. Things don't go well and we end up missing finals. Okay, we've had to endure an horrendous season, we'll miss finals.

How an earth can you say this has been a development year when we have gone backwards a mile? The 2010 Collingwood team would whip this one by 150 points. Ditto the 2011 team at its best. The 2012 team would have beaten this mob by 80 points, and last year's schmozzle of a team would have won by 40 points. Face it. We aren't developing, right now we are the worst side in the competition over the past 8 weeks. Just look at the stats where we are last in almost all categories over that period.

If that's development, God help us! Rolling Eyes

Your ignorance astounds me yet again!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Piesnchess wrote:

SO genius, by your criteria, last night, with five gone within minutes, somehow clarko, lyon, scott ect would have somehow, manufactured some miracle win,

Not true again. We were 7 goals down when Cloke went off well into the second quarter and nearly 10 goals down when Beams went off. Reid went early, but like last week's game these personnel had no influence on the result. And last week Pendles and Beams got over 30 possessions. The way Brisbane played there is no way we were going to win that match even with all five stars playing. Our game plan is simply useless.

BTW Whatsinaname did not suggest any other coaches could have got a "miracle" win.

How convenient you can compare the Pies injury profile with the 3 of the 4 oldest squads in the league and in your blind ignorance expect that the outcomes should be the same.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Thats a reason for one week. Not the last 3 years. No more excuses please. This tweet below says a lot.

@OzzdeBondt: @Robbo_heraldsun like: GWS losing Davis/Ward/Patton akin to C'wood losing Beams/Cloke/Reid. Similar oppositions. GWS won their match. #heart
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Injuries no excuse, still goes down as a Lions smashing in the history books. Nobody cares about our woes at the minute, the haters are revelling in it. All the team can do is guts it out for the final 2 rounds and suck it up, as we must do as well. Here's to a big 2015!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: