Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Commit aggravated burglary, and then speed in a stolen car.

https://www.miragenews.com/man-in-critical-condition-after-toorak-crash-922699/

Karma is a bitch hey!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:31 am

George Pell. P.O.S.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:56 am

Plane to work delayed by 4 hours. Text advising such received last night.

1st day of work, paid to prune the roses and clean the pool ๐Ÿ˜€

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:31 pm

^

I remember getting paid, that was nice.

Nice and hot up in Toc, up to 38 in the arvo but cools down over night so mornings is the time to get work done.

up just after 6am this morning, 5.6km walk in 50 minutes, breakfast, decided to skip the shower until later and get to work.

Mowed the back lawn. It's so thick and spongy that the big, heavy self propelled mower just does burnouts on it so have to push hard and rock the bastard till the wheels grab. That got a nice sweat up, then went to work on pulling apart the carport in preparation for when the shed blok is ready to build.

Up the 3m ladder, iron roof ripped off, timber beams all down and the steel posts that were concreted in are ripped out. Done by 12:30 before it started getting really hot.

Shower, throw all the sweat soaked clothes in the washing machine and walk to the pub for Barra, chips and salad and a couple of pints, then home to relax.

Spent a couple of hours out the front under the Oak tree, just a bit of south westerly breeze, few drinks while reading a book.

My shoulders are killing me and my calves are cramping but happy as a pig in sh1t Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:21 pm

sounds perfect!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:37 pm

It was.

Back to Melbourne yesterday, got to work on the remodelled spare/grandsons bedroom.

Managed to pull all the pieces of the 25 year old Study Bunk that used to be my daughters, out of where they were hiding in the shed.

Found everything except the bolts, unsurprising since I pulled it apart and stored it probably 17 years ago.

Bunnings run to get new bolts, called into fantastic Furniture on the way home and got a spring mattress for $100. Very Happy

Scrubbed the grime off all the pieces, some I needed to hit with the brass wheel in the drill to take off flaked paint and rust, touch up with some spray paint where required and assembled it. Just like a bought one Very Happy

Parts of it are a little rough still but CBF spending all the effort on the extra 3%.

Tomorrow buy a single Doona and a chair for the desk and she'll be all set to go for next time he comes over.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
It was.

Back to Melbourne yesterday, got to work on the remodelled spare/grandsons bedroom.

Managed to pull all the pieces of the 25 year old Study Bunk that used to be my daughters, out of where they were hiding in the shed.

Found everything except the bolts, unsurprising since I pulled it apart and stored it probably 17 years ago.

Bunnings run to get new bolts, called into fantastic Furniture on the way home and got a spring mattress for $100. Very Happy

Scrubbed the grime off all the pieces, some I needed to hit with the brass wheel in the drill to take off flaked paint and rust, touch up with some spray paint where required and assembled it. Just like a bought one Very Happy

Parts of it are a little rough still but CBF spending all the effort on the extra 3%.

Tomorrow buy a single Doona and a chair for the desk and she'll be all set to go for next time he comes over.

awesome, buy a double, much more comfy and will use it longer!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 pm

my new camera made me extremely happy!
R6 mkii with just a plain jane 24-105mm lens!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:58 pm

A long long long overdue pay rise finally being approved. Should be a very nice bonus with a fair bit of back pay and a change to the structure which will see me move up a level or 3!!!

Should have had it months ago if not for a union taking them to court to block it. The union wasnโ€™t representing its members affected by this agreement in fighting it, but other members they represent whilst convincing their affected members they were doing it for them ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Itโ€™s not a perfect deal, it never is but constraints higher up restrict what can be done. Itโ€™s taken so long theyโ€™ll need to start negotiating the next one now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:03 pm

how did you get the pay rise Eddie?

my managers believe I am entitled to a pay-rise, but the directors keep dragging it out. I need to tell them I'm leaving to get any traction I think.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:17 pm

New bargaining agreement, so everyone gets one, so there is no real opportunity to get more than the position is advertised for other than doing overtime. But we get a pay rise every year and also if you aren't incompetent you go up a pay point every year as well.

But we are severely hampered by higher forces which put a very small cap on any pay rises, so the way they got around it was to decrease pay points and therefore you effectively jump 2 pay points a year + the pay rise every year.

Part of the reason the unions attempts to stop it last year failed was the judge said we were long overdue, and they weren't going to grant the injunction.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:42 pm

Nice work Eddie.

Today startred out like a cnut. 8am Dentist appt.

Got my XR6 back off my son just before Xmas. Looked like a bag of shit. 3 of the nice 20" black wheels were in the boot, 1 was broken, and the pieces of crap that were on it made my heart break looking at it.

Can spent the week in the Ford garage getting back to something resembling safe to drive. $6k later, it was. So this morning the plan was to drive it to the dentist then to the Mag wheel place in preston to get some new shoes. Get out of the driveway at 7:45, somethings wrong. Car driving badly. Pulled over, rear tyre is flat as a tack. FMD. Nursed it to the servo 100m away to see if I could put some air in it, air hose thing broken.

Rang the dentist, said I'd be late, pulled the jack and a spare out of the boot and cursing and swearing to the amusement of some passers by, changed the fkn tyre and went to the dentist.

After that I was over it so headed to Preston and walked into the joint carrying one of the old 20" wheels and asked could I get at least 1, maybe 2 of these. Bloke checked it out, went online, rang someone and set her could get me 2 for $450 each, just rims. Same pattern and design but mine were 20x8" and these were 20x8.5 so wasn't going to be the best outcome, plus I'd need to pay for tyres as well. So I said to him, "what's the best deal you can do me on 4 new wheels and tyres?"

He went out and looked at the car, came inside and pulled a 20" black rim off a rack and said 4 of these, with tyres, fitted and balanced, $2250.

Sold, just fkn do it. Walked to Norfland for breakfast while they did it, then went I got home gave the old girl a wash and wax. I'm planning on selling the Redline as I need cash, but with the XR6 looking good and driving well again, I'm happy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:22 pm

Gees I would not be lending him a car any time soon
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:45 pm

I won't be lending him anything anytime soon.

Sexy fingers, (mates with) everything he touches.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:14 pm

Kids are shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 80 of 103   

Jump to: