Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List Management Targets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
FWIW Carlton fan on bigfooty claiming our two clubs are working on a deal that would see our pick 16 and 2021 1st round selection traded in exchange for Carlton's pick 8 and 2021 2nd round selection.

I guess the theory is they turn one 1st round selection into two and offer either of them for Saad while we get a selection that should feature before any bid on Reef eventuates and gets points towards a bid on Daicos in 2021.

I would not complain about that Trade

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 pm

How arrogant is Carlton demanding a high draft pick to go with Saad. Good on Essendon for not budging
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:03 pm

I am Depressed now after Ned Guys Interview.

Shit Trade Period but interesting Draft

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:12 pm

I think we actually want to go to the draft this year and as high as possible rather than trade in established players.

This makes sense considering next year we’re getting Nick Daicos and we won’t have a top pick as we’ll be using it on him.

Couple that with the fact this year is supposed to be a strong draft, and it makes sense that we’re trying to offload Trealor not just for salary cap relief, but also to get a top 10 pick to use in this draft.

Doggies are the ones, they don’t want their first pick this year for the same reasons we don’t want ours next year.

We should just do a straight swap. Their 2021 first round pick for our 2020 first pick! Then also offload Treloar this year to someone for a top 10 pick and all of a sudden we have 2 top 10 picks this year, plus Daicos (top 3?) next year!

3 top 10 picks in 2 years quickly make our list strong again if we make correct selections!!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:18 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
I think we actually want to go to the draft this year and as high as possible rather than trade in established players.

This makes sense considering next year we’re getting Nick Daicos and we won’t have a top pick as we’ll be using it on him.

Couple that with the fact this year is supposed to be a strong draft, and it makes sense that we’re trying to offload Trealor not just for salary cap relief, but also to get a top 10 pick to use in this draft.

Doggies are the ones, they don’t want their first pick this year for the same reasons we don’t want ours next year.

We should just do a straight swap. Their 2021 first round pick for our 2020 first pick! Then also offload Treloar this year to someone for a top 10 pick and all of a sudden we have 2 top 10 picks this year, plus Daicos (top 3?) next year!

3 top 10 picks in 2 years quickly make our list strong again if we make correct selections!!

Then our Premership Window be Closed for 2-3 Seasons then.

We don't have any really good Kids(IF Trading Stephenson) so we might actually need 1st Rounder for Once

mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Keep DeGoey and Moore was the priority.
Re-sign Mihocek and Daicos.

No idea what's happening with Stevo.
Treloar has frustrated the club.

No real change to us unless Stevo and Treloar depart. Those two leaving will enhance our draft position.

Once we missed Jeremy Cameron there are no other viable targets. Wasting money on McDonald, Brown, Hogan, Wright is not the go. We can't afford to burn $$$ on these types. Get to the draft.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 pm

mattdally wrote:
Keep DeGoey and Moore was the priority.
Re-sign Mihocek and Daicos.

No idea what's happening with Stevo.
Treloar has frustrated the club.

No real change to us unless Stevo and Treloar depart. Those two leaving will enhance our draft position.

Once we missed Jeremy Cameron there are no other viable targets. Wasting money on McDonald, Brown, Hogan, Wright is not the go. We can't afford to burn $$$ on these types. Get to the draft.

Spot on. If Stevo and Treloar leave it’ll be to improve our draft position, not for established players. Cameron was probably the only one we wanted... he’s gone, so we hit the draft.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 pm

The two players I'd love from this years draft are: Logan McDonald and Will Phillips.

Both will be gone by pick 5 or 6.

We'll have the points for McInees and we'll have the points next year for Daicos.

I think the idea of swapping picks with the Dogs makes sense. But I cant see us getting into the top 5 picks.

Tom Phillips is one player that I could live with trading, but he isnt going to net us a top pick. Sier is another that hasn't been mentioned much, but what's he worth? I'm on the side of preferring to keep Treloar, but understand the bigger picture. Stevo should be kept unless North are silly enough to offer pick 2.

I've gone off Wright. I have a slight interest in Will Brodie. But I really want that pick 5. I guess we're not talking to Melbourne. I think it's obvious we'll deal with the Dogs in some capacity, is there a player there we could bring over? I think they'll hold onto Dunkley as the Bombers wont be able to make a fair deal, maybe we could talk to his manager? I know Burnsy17 isn't too keen on Ed Richards, but could he be swapped for Phillips maybe?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:03 pm

^ ^ ^
Check out Elijah Hollands.
The definition of a true mid field bull.
He did his ACL at start of the year but has rehabbed very well.
The knee could blow him out to pick 5. He has captained everything hes played in, so he’s a natural leader.
Phillips and McInnes are Charger team mates, so that’s got a good ring to it.
Phillips will easily be there at five but he’s only a shorty ( F W I W )
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Hollands would be great if he falls.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:06 am

The trade market is inflated at the moment particularly with Coronavirus and the possibility of reduced salary caps for next year. As much as I would like a tall forward like Cameron, not at these prices. My opinion hasn’t changed. We should keep the majority of players we have. Trim at the edges. Rely on Derek Hine’s judgement at the national draft.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:18 am

Looks like we are more into Peter Wright than Tom McDonald according to Mitch "the accurate one" Cleary. I am happy with this
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:42 am

inxs88 wrote:
Looks like we are more into Peter Wright than Tom McDonald according to Mitch "the accurate one" Cleary. I am happy with this

I’d much prefer Peter Wright to Tom McDonald but I don’t see how Peter Wright fits into Buckley’s game structure. You can’t play him in defense. He’s limited as a ruckman though age is on his side to develop into a better ruckman. And I don’t see how you play Mason Cox and Peter Wright in the same forward line. Darcy Cameron would be nervous as well because how would he fit in with Peter Wright there?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:56 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Dave, maybe this will make you feel a bit better.
Richmond’s 2020 premiership was made up of only THREE recycled players.
Trading for the band aid fix looks good in the paper but the foundations are laid at the draft.
Hit this draft hard ( supposedly a good one ) then pick up Daicos in 12 months and build around it.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:47 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Dave, maybe this will make you feel a bit better.
Richmond’s 2020 premiership was made up of only THREE recycled players.
Trading for the band aid fix looks good in the paper but the foundations are laid at the draft.
Hit this draft hard ( supposedly a good one ) then pick up Daicos in 12 months and build around it.

Houli
Prestia
Lynch
Nankervis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 73 of 84   

Jump to: