Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BEVAN !!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:28 pm
Post subject: BEVAN !!!Reply with quote

A few Stats for u.

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St

MG Bevan 5 7 1 456 201* 76.00 45.92 2 1 2 -
MJ Clarke 6 8 0 401 134 50.12 52.07 2 1 5 -

People (including myself) have been saying that Michael Clarke should be blooded into the test team. Love has been the replacement for Lehmann in this test but Clarke is the person who is next in line. Until tonight when I was reading thru some stats I noticed a player who I feel should be selected ahead of him. Both Clarke and Bevan have had fantastic summers but look at Bevans stats. He is by far the leading batsman for NSW this season and has scored 456 runs in just 7 innings batting at No. 3. He is Currently sitting 3rd on the 2002/03 first class batting averages behind Love and Hayden. And playing state cricket he is facing better quality bowling than Hayden.

Just my opinion, what do u think?

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

M8, your opinion is as valuable and valued as anyone of us.

Yeah Bevo has great figures at state level but the Oz selectors don't seem to consider him at all for Tests anymore. He was considered too susceptible to fast short-pitched stuff when he was dropped. He may have overcome this problem but seems to have missed the boat although he's always one of the first picked for the one-day team.

He's also got a body language problem. Check out the difference in appearance when Warney takes a wicket and when Bevo does.
He took a heap in one Test a few years back (I think it was at Adelaide) and with each one his look was, "Yeah, so what?" and could hardly raise a smile.
This is not everything but when it comes down to chosing between two players, the selectors are going to go with the bloke who looks like he'd die for his team-mates and the baggy green, aren't they?

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:03 pm

Good point m8. I remember that test in Adelaide well. Bevan made 85* in Australia's only innings, then took 4/31 in th West Indian 1st innings and 6/86 in the second. He was awarded man of the match.

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:02 pm

I wouldn't consider Bevan for the test team. No problem with chosing not to pull or hook but you gotta get in line with it. Bevan is scared of the nut. However with the lack of quality fast bowlers around the world (except for the Aussies and the pakis) he might actually do ok.

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: